• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Found very old (2+ year) stash of 4-aco-det freebase..

QuasiModo

Bluelighter
Wondering if there is any chance its still active/safe to use? I think I remember reading the freebase is less volatile but maybe not THAT much less volatile? Anyone with experience dosing older tryptamines advice would be very appreciated <3

I'm pretty sure the freebase is less stable than HCl/fumarate, but according to this it mostly degrades to 4-ho-det which is itself active and more or less indistinguishable from the 4-aco. So even if your product has turned to goo it may not have lost much potency. I'm no doctor, but in terms of safety I doubt a degraded product would be any more harmful as I guess any byproducts would be created in vivo as metabolites in any case.

Ahh less stable. Well physically it doesn't seem to have changed much at all actually, probably thanks to the bagging and the fact that it was in a dark and cool/dry place.. Thanks for your input! Much less worried about dosing it now.

I have stored tryptamines for longer than that... And it worked :D

Your good to go, i've had 4-Ho/Aco's turn to goop without significant potency lose!

If it was stored in a cool, dry, dark place and hasn't changed colour or turned to goop, you're good to go.