• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery For Those Of You Who Quit Weed

Thank you. I'm done. Now I'm in a strange quest to see if I can heal and whether it's true that our brains can rewrite to compensate for whatever damage was done. I'm committed, not smoking again no matter how bad it gets

You'll be amazed to see how resilient that organ can be. Just give yourself 90 days without cannabis. Than six months, then a year and at the two year point you'll be like, "Holy shit I feel good." Things should begin to start improving after about 90 days - or at least by then you should have significantly stabilized.

I decided to take a year off in May. It lasted until October. The hardest time I had was right about the 90 day mark, when PAWS hit big time. I was a quivering mess.

When October came, I was feeling really good. Had started feeling the small sparks for little things. Music started sounding good again, my sense of smell was coming back, was sleeping good ... so I'm like, let me see if I can do this and have no issues. Well, I was wrong.

Had one of the worst days yesterday. The depersonalization, anxiety and lack of appetite are beyond comprehension. I literally have no motivation to do anything. I wish I never smoked.

Can you see your doctor? These are rather extreme symptoms to experience and you sounds like you'd really benefit from working with someone who knows something about psychiatry/cannabis withdrawal.

George Michael (RIP) admitted he had to go to rehab as he was smoking at least 25 splifs a day. The last time he got arrested he said he was down to 8 a day. I never felt addicted but I most certainly have gotten anxiety from smoking too much. Yeah, it sucks after your tolerance builds. I havent used in a long time and don't really miss it anymore.

Today was the by far the best I have felt in the 33 days since I quit. No anxiety the entire day. Let's hope I'm starting to turn the corner

Today was the by far the best I have felt in the 33 days since I quit. No anxiety the entire day. Let's hope I'm starting to turn the corner
Have you been feeling good still? This may not help, but I have come off weed and opiates and I am withdrawaling from antipsycotics all at the same time. It could be so much worse just try to be thankful that you are coming around and that you don't have it worse.

Today is day 36, and I'm doing ok. Yesterday was the best day I had, but today I had a bit of anxiety again. That and I feel restless, and bored. Time sits still. I wish I didn't smoke up in October and November, it would have been 8 months since the first time I decided to quit.

One of the better signs the last few days has been the slight return of my sex drive which has completely disappeared. I used to be horny all the time, and it disappeared completely almost 1.5 ago.

I'm not going back to smoking. Made my decision, and I'm sticking with it.

Day 38, anxiety is insane. It takes up to 90 days for THC to be fully out of the body. During my last big break, the closer I got to 90 the worse I got.

Anxiety has me feeling extremely restless, can't sit still, feel like I'm losing control etc etc ...

I have many great memories from my days smoking up. But I'm not sure I would do it all over again if given a choice.

Feel like crap. Plain and simple.

What have you done today to be nice, kind and gentle to yourself? Like, a little thing, like getting a donut with coffee in the early morning, and taking the time to enjoy it properly, or something.

I hear aerobic exercise is particularly useful for those coming off the green. Do you like to take long walks or go biking or anything? I guarantee some nature would definitely do you good LL.

Take care of yourself, it might be hard but you're doing fucking awesome! Just try and remember to take the time to breath every now and then <3 sometimes there isn't anything in the world more productive than just focusing our attention on breathing in and out for a few minutes. Try it out:

It can be a wonderful thing, stopping to breath that is - like once an hour, on the hour, every hour, for two minutes - an ultimately refreshing pause. Particularly when we are under a lot of stress or pressure (as we tend to be when we're coming off something).

Keep up the good work!

Do you have a doctor? No shame in using some good ole' fashioned pharmacotherapy. Antidepressants have played a huge role in my recovery, as well as the majority of folks I know or have heard from. It seems very rare someone is able to just get sober without anything in the way of some kind of help from modern medicine.

I'm starting to think I may need to go on meds

It definitely sounds to me like what you're going through is more than just THC withdrawal. Im no doctor so don't take my word for it, but how long/frequent did you smoke? It might take longer for you to fully go through the process due to the amount you used as well as your metabolism and well...it's a drug it's different for everyone. However I think it's important to understand that there was a reason you were using, and you might be suffering from an underlying condition that weed was covering up. I am sort of experiencing the same thing right now as I am on day 10, and I believe that what I am experiencing is a mix of withdrawal and my mind readjusting, but above all I think I've been hiding from a serious underlying condition.

No shame if you need therapy or help. You need to understand that you deserve a better life and deserve to give yourself that chance. Maybe therapy, maybe meds. But you don't deserve to suffer. I am considering the same path myself but plan to take it one step at a time. Right there with you, and just so you know this post helps me a lot <3 keep at it.

Thank you all for the responses. I went through the exact same thing the last time I took time off. I have an extremely stressful life in both private and professional life. I started smoking weed at a time when my life was far different, when I was in a very happy place. As time went and things got really thick, the weed no longer provided a good high. I've debated with myself whether or not it was the weed that led to my problems or whether it was the stress that caused it.

I decided that I'm done with weed and I'm gonna stick to it. I've NEVER had a problem quitting it, have never been addicted to anything. I'm suffering really bad, but it's all gonna be better in time. It's time to be tough. No other way around it.