• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

For old tokers

GetBarreled

Greenlighter
For those who have been getting baked longer than 5 years-
What exactly does smoking pot really do to harm your body? Im 18 and Ive smoked herb for probably a good chunk of the past three years. Im at the point where I smoke everyday but I make a gram and a half last me a solid week. Smoking doesnt get in the way of my daily priorities (it rarely does). I eat relatively healthy, workout everday and make sure to stay in shape. I usually smoke out of my waterpipe or vaporizer to stay as safe I can but I still am worried about things like my brain and lungs. Any advice on what to do about my habit would be great (Im not sure if I should attempt to stop or not). Thanks

For those who have been getting baked longer than 5 years-
What exactly does smoking pot really do to harm your body? Im 18 and Ive smoked herb for probably a good chunk of the past three years. Im at the point where I smoke everyday but I make a gram and a half last me a solid week. Smoking doesnt get in the way of my daily priorities (it rarely does). I eat relatively healthy, workout everday and make sure to stay in shape. I usually smoke out of my waterpipe or vaporizer to stay as safe I can but I still am worried about things like my brain and lungs. Any advice on what to do about my habit would be great (Im not sure if I should attempt to stop or not). Thanks

i have smoked weed since I was 13,i'am now 44 ,when younger I smoked all day/everyday ,if there is such a thing as a healthily way to smoke,it would be through a vaporizer.

Got a decade-plus of inhaling smoke under my belt. Occasionally I'll get some retarded chest pain when I take too deep of a hit. Chest pain that stays with me for several days to a week, feels like my lungs are gonna pop when I'm about halfway through an inhalation, and like a vacuum cleaners been stuck to my respiratory system when I clear an exhale (regular breaths, I mean). When that shit happens I stop smoking, lol.

I consistently cough up tarry phlegm. Fuckin' gross...

Annnnnnd that's about it. I've got other issues, but the only ones that relate directly to my physical health and are likely due to cannabis use involve my respiratory system.

Salutations GetBarreled,

What exactly does smoking pot really do to harm your body?

My advice would be to avoid compounds like smoke/combustion + cannabic intoxication, especially the roller-coaster style. Or try your luck for 30-some years and then compare with others around, the lotery of fate will decide, or else...

I'm 18...

Naughty you!

Remember, your lungs have a long way to go - eventually!...

...a gram and a half last me a solid week.

Those who only vaporize their THC instead of using it solely in order to keep a fire alive (as in smoking) will tell you they can beat this. If i were always using 1 pipe bowl at sunfall (because of great visuals in my veranda) then that would amount to 125 mg x 7 = 875 mg per week, but of course i don't stop there as i seek aroma/taste and beyond - long story...

I usually smoke out of my waterpipe or vaporizer to stay as safe I can but I still am worried about things like my brain and lungs.

Oh, you do have a vaporizer. Well, i'd suggest strict moderation considering your age. As for smoking it's just a no-go no matter what good reason you could imagine - but that's your life.

Please attempt to keep in mind that fascination for the perfect toke attracts us all at some point, so beware of the paradoxal effect reached in case of abuse. Icar lost his wings once he reached the sun, as i recall!...

=D

Lmao, old tokers = 5 years. And I thought I was stepping into a generational time machine when I clicked this thread...

5 years? Thats it?? Lol. Going on 15+ here. But back to your question.. For the past 5-10 years SWIM smoked a good quarter oz to a half oz (sometimes even more than that when SWIM harvested the closet plants) a week or back in his dealing days. I can tell you imo theres no long term effects. The only thing you need to be wary of is smoking before you go to work or see your family (if they're against the use of herb). Other than that just be careful of your neighbors smelling it and calling the cops. SWIM ensures that theres always air freshener around or cheap incense bought from the gas station. SWIM also uses a TP roll filled with laundry sheets to help filter the smell from the smoke.

MAN! i say don't worry. especially if you aint chiefin on that wacky tabacky...

I'm 19 and been smoking since 13.. and the only thing i think being baked for half of the time the past six years is socialization skills. i feel like when I'm baked i'm not gaining anything from my experiences. cause i'm usually just staring at the dam wall hahahah

keep toastin it my friend

Thanks for the advice man. I decided to kick the habit for a little while while its not hard. Cheers

Lmao, old tokers = 5 years. And I thought I was stepping into a generational time machine when I clicked this thread...

Me three.

30 years and i think i'm in reasonably good shape both physically and mentally - perhaps not financially, and not because of the cost but more due to its ability to make you not want to be part of the rat race. if it was a 30 year meth, smack or alcohol habit i'm sure would be completely different story. switching to a vaporizer 6 years ago was a smart decision imo and i try to encourage anyone else to do the same. but if your looking for an alibi to continue then forget i mentioned it - everyone is different and might not be as lucky as me.

38 years, since 1976 with 2 years off at one point. The only issue I had at times, and it wasn't an issue but a normal body process, is the lungs trying to clear themselves out with extra phlegm and coughing if excessive smoking happened.

Other than that not many issues really. But it is taking this long for me to look into vaporization. At one point I figured since I smoked all my life why bother. But I think the easiness on the lungs and lack of combustion is worth looking into at any age.