• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

For all my friends who enjoy psychs and dissociatives

Uncle Boonmee was a good movie although pretty slow paced when I watched it sober, maybe psychedelics would help that.
Enter The Void was really good. But the way they did the ending had me crying on the floor from laughter during the middle of a 4-aco-det trip.
Anyone who has seen it knows what I'm talking about.

Nice, new shit to watch. I've seen Waking Life and Enter The Void. Both are excellent, although definitely within a very specific niche of film. Can't wait to check out some of the others.

Enter the Void was a terrible film. Someone had to say it. I sat through 3/4's of the film, but just couldn't finish it. There are way better/more mind-fucky movies out there.

I don't understand why people always recommend dark, disturbing shit to watch while on psychedelics.

Those look good, but i have trouble with subtitles in those sort of states (i've wanted to watch solaris and stalker for a while, but when in that state i often can't face having to read words and not gape at the visuals). I loved Upstream Color for dissos (but lots might not) confusing and beautiful; also Frequencies (OXV: the manual) though it's a bit more 'intellectual' to follow. Or Inland Empire for a darker vibe (or anything else lynch (of course)).

These movies are for people who enjoy psychedelics and dissociatives, not necessarily to watch while tripping.

It's often the only time i can be bothered to watch a film tbh (but i should make the effort for some of the ones in that list :))

I found The Phantom of Liberty to be highly entertaining to watch while on MXE. It's actually made up of various scenarios from Luis Buñuel's dreams over the years, and some of the camera work and the transitions between scenes reminds me of the swooping moving visuals you can get from MXE. (And the dinner party scene sure puts the fartsy in artsy-fartsy)

I don't understand why people always recommend dark, disturbing shit to watch while on psychedelics.
Haha, I've watched A Clockwork Orange on LSD before! How's that for dark and disturbing?

I normally just listen to music while tripping, but recently watched Rick and Morty while tripping and thoroughly enjoyed it.