• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Fluoxetine: MAOI??

SSRI's potentiating LSD?! Eh? I only read the first few sentences, but I've always thought that SSRI's dampen the effects of psychedelics.

I know its not a MAOI but the leaflet i got with my first box of the stuff strangely said it was, i do now know its not.

As for potentiating LSD i haven't tried this but it intensified 4-aco-dipt shockingly, too much infact. My first trip on AMT was while i was on fluoxetine and that was the strongest of the lot (lowest dose too!) That could be due to combining a maoi and a ssri

Last edited:
Yeh, from personal experience it certainly doesn't potentiate LSD or the like... Anyway I did misread it

It wouldn't surprise me as LSD is a direct agonist at 5HT receptors, and hence could have some sort of synergistic effect with SSRIs, where as some indirect agonists such as MDMA would have their effects cancelled out.

And I guess when I think about it further it would be pretty complicated, as long term SSRI use causes long term downregulation of 5HT receptors...add that to the mixed agonist/antagonist properties of LSD and I don't know what to think...