• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fluoxetine for Tramadol withdrawl

Haha! Whatever OP chooses to taper with, it should only be taken for a short amount of time to avoid acute withdrawal from tramadol. If the taper drug is taken for too many days, that's the only way withdrawal would occur anyway.

Just to be clear, I hold no ill feelings towards @Wilson Wilson. I'm sorry for being aggravated earlier. At first I thought you were trying to push my buttons. haha You were only trying to help as well. :)

All good! Might as well end our discussion here on a positive note. We've both said our piece.

I think our differing views are mostly cultural. Since you are in the US codeine has more a reputation for being a "harder drug" over there, as well as having status in the same way as Xanax does for being a popular drug of abuse. Over here you can just buy it over the counter in multiple forms as mild painkiller. The pharmacist will warn you to not use it for more than three days due to addiction but in practice it's not difficult to get a continuous supply.

Meanwhile regarding kratom, it is illegal here and while it's actually legal to possess for personal use it's a crime to import, export, or sell it. So that's the drug I consider to be the black market one. Again purely due to differing cultures. Whereas I know in the US the DEA wants to make it schedule I but has failed to do so thus far.

OP has made clear he is not in the US and has easy access to both codeine and kratom so he should use whatever he personally feels more comfortable with. Both have their benefits and risks which I think we've covered extensively.

To be frank, i am suprised how few questions i see regarding tianeptine, considering it is relatively cheap, mostly legal and tremendously addictive.

Me too tbh. I've had that stuff from EU RC vendors and it's somewhere between morphine and oxy. Very weird for a TCA to be so euphoric but of course with the opioid agonism not too surprising. It's illegal here the same way kratom is - so it's legal to possess for personal use but that's it, importing is illegal so customs will take it if it's caught.

I might actually get some more now you mention it, last time I used it was a couple years ago and I did really enjoy it. Made me very social too. Also turned out to be a real nice anxiolytic. At the time I tried tianeptine I was using benzos daily, but when I was on that stuff I could skip the benzos and still be calm as a baby.

^ Wow, that tianeptine sounds way too good since you mentioned the euphoria as well as relaxation. So glad I dodged that bullet. One less habit. hehe

^ Wow, that tianeptine sounds way too good since you mentioned the euphoria as well as relaxation. So glad I dodged that bullet. One less habit. hehe

Oh yeah it is very addictive just like @negrogesic said. That's why I didn't stock up on it from my old sources. I was tempted, but I know what I'm like with opioids, I'll buy a "long term supply" which I end up boshing in a month.

My current source sells only 50 caps of 10mg each so that's pretty self-limiting. 10mg is a low dose, the prescription guidelines say 12.5mg three times a day is standard for therapeutic use, so recreational doses are obviously higher. 50x 10mg would probably last a week. Nice Christmas treat though...

man I get better and better everyday, the brain zaps are pretty much inexistent, I told my source to never serve me ever again with anything and all the pharmacists in this town know me already :ROFLMAO: ironically, every time I move into a new city, that's how I learn it, by the pharmacies, I just get out the house and follow the green crosses, looking good and fresh, with an empty box with the maximum mg aka 150mg-200mg, I go in and I slick talk my way in for a box, I even tell them hell just give me a blister because I already have them, since I'm so young when they hear that I'm sincere that it's for me it's an even bigger bonus. here it differs from city to city, but tramadol is so easy to get, even in the bigger cities where I lived noone could score 3 pills from a pharmacy, but I would get them in quantities and in the end even befriend pharmacists. I think I made it an art out of scoring tramadol without a script in this country, I could write a manual/book about the shit, I always said I will, but I won't, I don't wish this on anybody.

still having hard time to sleep without the benzos I threw out upon hearing my mates dad died, but it's good because it seems that my 3 months use of benzos haven't affected me, or it had, I can't tell because the insomnia can be due to both tramadol or benzo withdrawal, anyway the brain zaps are less and less, I can't believe how fast I recover since I suddenly dropped from 10 x 150mg pills per day, the first week was tough, without the lyrica and benzos idk what would I had done, I admit it, but now I keep myself occupied with documentaries, learning, writing and from now on I'll have longer walks, I got problems with my lower back side and I can't do a push-up without having pain in the area, so a gym would be a no no for me plus I always was a lazy bastard that did more mental jogging than psychical exercises. swimming would be an option, but I caught a bronchitis I think, it's not just flu-like symptoms from withdrawal because I got lots of phlegm that hints to bronchitis, who knows. I will try to do the walks since now I am not in the fear of having convulsions. as kids me and my mates always had this "ritual"/"tradition" before going home at 15-16 when on tramadol to do 2 hour walks and just chit chat. sometimes one of my ex-gfs was going crazy because of my wish to walk more than staying down when going out lol.

this death not only made me relive my own fathers death due to alcoholism, but made me think that man that's our only way out if we don't stop ( me and my mate who is drinking and doing more stimulants and party shit than pharmaceuticals ), so I said fuck it, not that I'm gonna die of old age, but at least not from a shit like this, I imagined myself with an 27 year addiction not 7 years one, I stopped counting days but I take it a day at a time, being able to not work this month is a blessing, I was on the verge of checking myself in rehab again but I thought that if I knew more at 19 than those people there which were "qualified", I'm just gonna save the cash and kick it at home.

I will have to avoid pharmacies for a time that's sure, not that I am tempted since this time I got no cravings, but I can't describe the feeling of putting your feet in one, feeling the smell, hearing the bell of the door opening and closing and the touch of the counter, not to say of my relations where I sit on the other side of the counter in the office, being offered coffee by the cleaning lady and just admiring the drawers and the depositing room, man I just feel like a kid on christmas day, I really have to take this one out of my mind, but I got that smell embedded in my brain since I was barely 4-5 years old. now let's hope this is the end of the story, it was a long ride now it's time to just make cash through IT and altering my mind with life challenges, because there are more to come.

stay strong OP, if I can do it, you can do it too, it won't be long till the main symptoms will subside, the SNRI withdrawal was always my main problem too, but if I don't face them know, I'll still have to do it sometime, I'm glad/or maybe not glad but glad that it started at such a young age and I'm kicking it at a young age too, so I didn't loose that much. I took my first exams on this drug, got my way into firms into work like, it got into my love-life, everything was tramadol related, I begin to feel little pulses of pleasure hear and there and I'm glad because that's usually a sign that my body is reajusting and making it's own serotonin. now I'm gonna end this rant, one love OP and don't get on poppy tea, you will have withdrawal from N alkaloids, it's better with the kratom or codeine as wilson and coast say. when you'll get your refill it's up to you if you want to taper down with the main problem or keep it on the codeine/kratom part, but getting into other depressants or heavier opiates it's not worth it.

i'm going to let you know it depends on the person GREATLY. i get habituated physically if i use anything for more than a week, especially stims

pst. maybe no t mmention it then right?

People can do what they wish, but th
Oh yeah it is very addictive just like @negrogesic said. That's why I didn't stock up on it from my old sources. I was tempted, but I know what I'm like with opioids, I'll buy a "long term supply" which I end up boshing in a month.

My current source sells only 50 caps of 10mg each so that's pretty self-limiting. 10mg is a low dose, the prescription guidelines say 12.5mg three times a day is standard for therapeutic use, so recreational doses are obviously higher. 50x 10mg would probably last a week. Nice Christmas treat though...

Hope I didn't trigger anything. The capsules should definitely slow you down. I

I was once addicted to about 1500mg a day (which isnt huge compared to some of the tianeptine habits i've heard of), but have probably taken up to 3 grams in a day at. I would definitely call it oxycodone-like. Very compulsive too since it has a rapid onset and short duration. That said if you take a giant dose it can a long time. At times I would take 1000mg in a single dose which would last a good 12 hours or more as your body scrambles to figure out what to do with that. It is a bit unsettling since every time you are essentially overdosing on antidepressants to get high.

Hope I didn't trigger anything. The capsules should definitely slow you down. I

I was once addicted to about 1500mg a day (which isnt huge compared to some of the tianeptine habits i've heard of), but have probably taken up to 3 grams in a day at. I would definitely call it oxycodone-like. Very compulsive too since it has a rapid onset and short duration. That said if you take a giant dose it can a long time. At times I would take 1000mg in a single dose which would last a good 12 hours or more as your body scrambles to figure out what to do with that. It is a bit unsettling since every time you are essentially overdosing on antidepressants to get high.

Nah you're good mate. Didn't put the order in, decided to just stick to my kratom stash for now at least.

I'm amazed at some of the crazy doses I've seen in the tianeptine megathread, like 10-20g seems to be not uncommon. That's a fuckload. I took like 50mg and felt pretty fucking nice. But yes it's very short acting. I'm glad I never let tolerance build up to this stuff, seems like a smart idea to keep away from it or at least keep it as only an occasional treat if I do use it again. I got what I'd consider a strong morphine-like high from 50mg.

Hey @thefirm how you doing? I hope you're doing well.

I'm on my fourth day without Tramadol and it hasn't been as bad as I thought. I haven't had those nasty brain zaps (thanks to small doses of Sertraline in the morning), just a little headache, fatigue and insomnia. Also, my appetite has increased monstrously. I have eaten everything in sight lol. But, I don't know if the latter is the effect of the antidepressant or of not taking my trams.

So, I think the worst is insomnia, the rest is totally bearable. Tonight I am going to try Melatonin to see if it helps me sleep better.

@supersonic89 I'm doing really well, I have some issues when I wake up, for 20-30 mins I'm feeling fuzzy, I don't know how to describe it, but other than that, I'm doing much better than I thought, I would need more walking/movement for my body but here is such an awful weather that I didn't really have the chance to do longer walks. I had problems with sleeping until last night when I fell asleep at 12:30 AM instead of 4 AM, so slowly my body adjusts back. there are otc pills with melatonin and valerian root, they work for some people, you can give them a try, I haven't had a drug the whole week (like benzos or lyrica) and tramadol for 2 weeks beginning from tomorrow. the first week was awfull but I made it out, now all I gotta do is to keep my head out of the pharmacies and get out more of the house as much as possible. the eating part wasn't a problem for me on tramadol, idk how but in the last years I managed to eat normally on it in comparison with how many difficulties I had with eating and the loss of apetite at the beginning of the usage.

I've had some human interaction, some people can tell from 10000 miles that I'm not on tramadol, although I was never a zombie on them or a nodding mess like on oxy, I still had some behavioural characteristic stuff that was influenced by the drug for sure considering its SNRI properties.

you could taper the sertraline next week, so after you sleep better, you can be free of the brain zaps, it depends on you if you want to get back on that boat, if you really need something for pain you could try out other stuff, the duality of the withdrawal of this substance is not worth it in the long run compared to another opioids or you could even give a chance to some type of NSAIDs. it depends on how you feel. oh and take vitamins, I got a multi-vitamin and mineral formulation plus a separetly magnesium one, I guess they helped, I even got some max vitamin C for the body since I caught a flu beside the flu-like symptoms of the withdrawal. but everything is bereable, I would be stupid to relapse now, 2 weeks would be wasted for nothing, in 1 week of use I would be back to square 1. I will have to avoid pretty much any substance as much as I can due to my prone to addictive stuff personality so I don't end up in a substitution situation.