• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Flashbacks are they real?

40 years, never had one... I don't know anyone else who has had one ether...

The flashbacks that ive experienced had zero negativity involved with them. Just a mild trip. Fun too

flashbacks are fairly quick and not as bad as you will be led to believe, ive taken more than 100 hits of lsd in my day, ounces of shrooms and plenty of different blotter, only flashbacked once. also don't be dumb and think cracking your back will make you trip either. for the most part its all hype

Hallucinations aren't uncommon in healthy adults as is mentioned here. In the first few days after psychedelic experiences some people experience transient hallucinations. Psychedelic drugs initiate cascades of receptor desensitization and sensitization. Past ~10 days after an individual psychedelic experience the cause of hallucinations isn't the original psychedelic experience. People experiencing hallucinations long after intermittent psychedelic drug use are actually experiencing unrelated hallucinations.

You can hallucinate from just lack of sleep too.

But flashbacks are a bit different. They are usually drawn from memories whereas hallucinations can occur from any of the five senses and can be unrelated to memories.

Variation between individuals happens all the way from dosing up to the longer lasting after effects. With increasing variation as you travel further down the time scale.
At least thats how it seems to me