• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First time with beautiful benzos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you get hooked on benzos the reasons you were prescribed them will be 10x worse. Benzos DO NOT work for long term used. In fact, any more then a week of consecutive use and you are hooked and the withdrawals are truly the worst on the planet, if you want a fucking high you'd be better off using opaites, you'll regret ever touching benzos once you realized how truly fucked you are without them and how awful the withdrawals are and your anxiety is 100x worse.

Wait, what? A week of continued use leads to full on withdrawal? Not from my experience it doesn't. You might get renewed anxiety once you stop taking the medication but benzodiazepine scare-mongering is not helpful IMO. They are just not terribly addictive drugs...most people who are prescribed Xanax for example do not up their dosage over time. If a user is worried about addiction they should discuss this issue with their doctor and/or take the drug as medically directed (benzodiazepine abuse/addiction is most commonly an occurrence with poly-drug abusers anyway, IIRC)

There's a really strange mindset you see sometimes on Bluelight of simultaneously claiming that benzodiazepines are not at all recreational, yet also highly addictive AND YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY. The main reason why benzodiazepines might be addictive is that they're "functional"; for someone with crippling anxiety, the freeing effect of the drug might make them inclined to use it as a "crutch". That is a fair caution but the drugs themselves are highly useful/effective (not just for anxiety, either...Klonopin for example is quite effective at treating some kinds of neuropathic pain) and in my opinion they get demonized a lot unfairly.

On a personal note: clonazepam is my favorite benzodiazepine and a great drug in general.

This thread is beyond closed. BL is not here to help you get high! Please read the BLUA and OD guidelines. You got some answers.. Be safe, be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.