View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time Shrooms

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
My friend has about 1.9g of shrooms that he doesn't want and offered to sell them to me. He recommended that I take half first and see how I feel, and then take the other half if it doesn't feel like enough. I do not have much psychedlic experience, tripping on 25i only once. I took one tab and I thought the peak was intense but amazing and wore off pretty quickly. After doing some research, taking the whole thing seems like a more appropriate dose. He also said I could soak them in lemon juice and it would hit me faster, if anyone knew anything about that. So basically I have two questions.

1. Should I take just half and see how I feel or just go ahead and take them all?
2. Would it be good or bad to smoke weed along with it? I find that I am very comfortable with weed and that it helps relive my anxiety when taking new substances, but I also don't want to modify the experience in a negative way.

Any insight is appreciated!

Weed will help with the nausea. I would take them all at once, 1.9 is a very reasonable first time dose.

1.9g of shrooms is a perfect starter dose, and it sounds like you've got a good approach to the whole scenario. Mushrooms are going to last a bit longer, but are still pretty short duration compared to a few other naturally occurring compounds. You sound like you've been doing your homework, and I commend you for that.

Lemon juice is one of those urban legends. Theoretically, it may help break the organic matter down for easier processing in your stomach, but either way, your body still has to isolate the actives, break them down, and then metabolize the by-product. Grapefruit juice has a little more credibility behind it, but I can't exactly remember what the ingredient is that does it. MAO inhibitors will set-off a trip when used at appropriate dosages, but this is an advanced technique for hitting the depths and can result in a very bad set of side effects/negative experience.

Basically, you have an appropriate single dose and weed will enhance the experience.

Have fun, be safe.

I would take half of it and wait but that's just because I took too many boomers one time and it wasn't fun, weed probably would have helped tho to relieve the anxiety, but I took like a whole eighth so you're probably good either way. But man was it a heavy psych experience, my hand turned gold! It was awesome but I probably should have only eaten about a third of that to just have a nice high