• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time shrooms

george666

Greenlighter
These days I met a man who said that he can sell me some psylocybe cubensis. Personally I have a reaction against normal mushrooms-vomiting after eating them at restaurants and etc. I'm thinking about drying them and putting into soup or juice(very small dose because I don't wanna be blown by hallucinations and vomiting). Somewhere I have read that 1gram of dried shrooms is enough for a good trip. What about 0.3g dried? Please make some suggestions for a relatively safe and light trip.

You'll feel 0.3g but I doubt you'll "trip". I recommend doing a dose like that in case you have a negative reaction. You can reduce the chance of vomiting by making a tea instead. This is preferable since you won't be ingesting any of the actual flesh.

Here's how I make the tea (with great success every time):

1. Boil a jug of water.
2. Pour a glass (or half in your case) of steaming hot water.
3. Take the whole mushroom(s) and put it in the cup.
4. Leave it to sit for 30 mins.
5. Remove and discard the mushroom using a fork.
6. Chug it and enjoy.

Thanks man really useful info. What about the proper dose you said 0.3grams on tea won't give trip but will give some hallucinations? I would like to try something like threshold dose. What could be better smoking some marijuana-before or after drinking the tea and what about bringing it to the mountains-time period of about 1 hour and outside temperature of 5-6 celsius degrees(using termo-isolated cup)? What about the dosing-I have to put 0.3 grams piece of cubensis in the half full cup of hot water and what about the remaining shroom is it useful after the extraction? Best regards.

Last edited:
Ive made the Tea before.... your better off cutting it up into fine bits or even powder\. Putting the whole shroom in there is good but you wont get as much of the stuff out if u dont cut it up....

Trip == hallucinate

You should at first try around 0.3 grams to see if it had any effect on your stomach. Don't expect to hallucinate, or feel very much though. Just guage how your stomach feels this time around.

Then (assuming your stomach is fine with shroom-tea) up your dose to anywhere between 1-2 grams. You will hallucinate with this dose, and if your stomach wasn't upset with 0.3 then you should be perfectly fine with 1-2+ gram doses.

Be safe and have fun!

Thanks man really useful info. What about the proper dose you said 0.3grams on tea won't give trip but will give some hallucinations? I would like to try something like threshold dose.

I'd say try a very low dose like 0.3g to make sure you don't get violently ill.

What could be better smoking some marijuana-before or after drinking the tea and what about bringing it to the mountains-time period of about 1 hour and outside temperature of 5-6 celsius degrees(using termo-isolated cup)?

You can smoke weed at any point really but the key times are during the come up (around 30-60 mins after dosing), while peaking (hour and a half or so after dosing) and on the comedown. It'll be fine to carry the tea around for an hour. It'll stay good for a reasonable amount of time (more than 1 day)

What about the dosing-I have to put 0.3 grams piece of cubensis in the half full cup of hot water and what about the remaining shroom is it useful after the extraction?

Yeah, just put the shroom in the cup for half an hour. When you take it out you can throw it away since it'll have no psilocybin left in it.

Ive made the Tea before.... your better off cutting it up into fine bits or even powder\. Putting the whole shroom in there is good but you wont get as much of the stuff out if u dont cut it up....

It's more efficient but he's trying to see if he'll react badly to the shrooms and it can be difficult to filter powdered mushrooms. Whole mushrooms work well enough that it's not worth the effort for him to go through the extra steps.

Ok thanks. Because I haven't done shrooms before I need to ask how much a psylocybe weighs and which part of it I have to cut to put the 0.3 grams piece in the boiling water.

Yeah, just put the shroom in the cup for half an hour. When you take it out you can throw it away since it'll have no psilocybin left in it.

I strongly doubt that your method extracts all the psilocybin.

To the OP- taking .3 grams would be fine as an allergy test. For your first dose of mushrooms (if they don't make you ill), take a minimum of 1 gram but 2 grams is really better.

1 gram is not a full trip. A full, heavy mushroom trip is between 3 and 5 grams usually. 2 grams is a good introductory dose in my opinion. If the .3 grams dose make you nauseous then you shouldn't take more and should instead check out LSD or mescaline or some other psychedelics.

Dude dont take mushrooms. ive taken them 7 times, they are very hit and miss when it comes to getting good trips and euphoria. My 7 trips consisted of:

1 amazing trip ( first time )
1 pretty good trip ( 2nd time )
4 trips that werent fun cuz of extreme wierdness of it all
1 trip that was terrifying, i thought i was never coming back for abot 12 hours

Dude, theres a 50-50 shot you will have a horrible experience. the things are basically poison man. the psilo doesnt have much on effect other than you scrambling your brain and sense to shit. I bet you will regret doing them if you are set on it. Also consider that with shrooms ( and any hallucinogen ) , taking them cuz results in months of depression/ wierd feeling. it took me about 2 weeks to feel normal again after my bad trip, and it was only a medium dose of about 4.3 grams. i feel compelled based on my experience ( and friends experience ) to warn you away from shrooms, which is possibly the most unpredictable of all hallucinogenics. I mean theres a good chance youll end up:

Arrested from doing crazy shit when your all tripped out
In the psych ward, from wigging out in front of people
in the hospital with food poisoning-like symptoms
Depressed/ wierded out for weeks
Dead from poisoning or injury

Dont take the shrooms man. Im a fucking Heroin/Dilaudid/Oxy IV user, and even i consider that shit dangerous. i know people, including myself, that you couldnt pay $500 to do that shit again, and we are junkies who always need money. Listen to my advice man, dont do shrooms. Shit is wack.

Dude dont take mushrooms. ive taken them 7 times, they are very hit and miss when it comes to getting good trips and euphoria. My 7 trips consisted of:

1 amazing trip ( first time )
1 pretty good trip ( 2nd time )
4 trips that werent fun cuz of extreme wierdness of it all
1 trip that was terrifying, i thought i was never coming back for abot 12 hours

Dude, theres a 50-50 shot you will have a horrible experience. the things are basically poison man. the psilo doesnt have much on effect other than you scrambling your brain and sense to shit. I bet you will regret doing them if you are set on it. Also consider that with shrooms ( and any hallucinogen ) , taking them cuz results in months of depression/ wierd feeling. it took me about 2 weeks to feel normal again after my bad trip, and it was only a medium dose of about 4.3 grams. i feel compelled based on my experience ( and friends experience ) to warn you away from shrooms, which is possibly the most unpredictable of all hallucinogenics. I mean theres a good chance youll end up:

Arrested from doing crazy shit when your all tripped out
In the psych ward, from wigging out in front of people
in the hospital with food poisoning-like symptoms
Depressed/ wierded out for weeks
Dead from poisoning or injury

Dont take the shrooms man. Im a fucking Heroin/Dilaudid/Oxy IV user, and even i consider that shit dangerous. i know people, including myself, that you couldnt pay $500 to do that shit again, and we are junkies who always need money. Listen to my advice man, dont do shrooms. Shit is wack.
ive had bad trips and wouldnt wish them on my worst enemy,but i think you may be scaremongering just a little bit,im quite sure people do not die from poisoning from these psilocybin mushrooms...? i do know that some people may suffer serious illness when using fly agaric mushrooms.

anyway if your going to make shroom tea,the way i would suggest is put your mushrooms in a cup or more worth of water in a saucepan,bring to the boil and then simmer/boil whilst stiring and mashing the shrooms with a potato masher or something similar (getting all the goodness out of the shrooms) boil for as long as possible until the water starts to reduce then poor the water (using a good strainer/siv/pair of tights) into your cup with the tea bag in.

add milk sugar and then drink :)

i usually find the come up a lot quicker (10 - 20 mins) when drinking mushroom tea than i do when eating mushrooms (30 mins +)

enjoy.

but as the poster who i have quoted has warned....there can be a darkside.

do the shrooms in a comfortable setting with people you are completely comfortable with,i find this greatly reduces the chance of a bad trip/helps you if you do have a bad trip.

also (imo/ime) smoking weed whilst tripping can completely change the course of the trip

Last edited:
I strongly doubt that your method extracts all the psilocybin.

I assume it doesn't extract it all but it extracts enough that the mushroom remains can be discarded. The tek has served me very well but can obviously be improved by using dry, powdered mushrooms and adding lemon juice once it's cooled (lemon tek ftw). I guess I shouldn't have used the word 'all'.

People have most certainly died from psilo toxicity. and people die all the time from getting mushrooms that arent even psilo. even the psilo shrooms are full of the toxic chemical strych-9

People have most certainly died from psilo toxicity. and people die all the time from getting mushrooms that arent even psilo. even the psilo shrooms are full of the toxic chemical strych-9

ok do you have any links please?

i know people have died whilst under the influence of psilo shrooms but i cant find any concrete evidence of death by psilo toxicity,apparently the amount of psilo that is needed to be ingested before death from toxicity is greater than the comparative dose of thc to be smoked before death from the toxicity of smoking weed.

tbh i always used to think that surely people must have died from the toxicity of psilo shrooms yet i cant find any conclusive evidence.

btw i know people die from eating the wrong shrooms but im assuming the op has psilo shrooms.

any info would be appreciated,thanks. :)

no psilocybin mushrooms do NOT contain ANY strychnine and Neither does Lsd, some people cannot handle deep experiences therefore become terrified when they trip, I've had scary trips and I've had great trips, the main thing if your easy to succumb to "the fear" is to keep doses very low and be in comfortable enviroment with no negative energy. also remember that unless you do something very stupid while your tripping then there is 0 chance that it will hurt you, very much unlike opiods which are easy to overdose on when you get into the harder ones., and while tripping is hard on the brain and not recommended for daily use, it will not cause extreme physical sickness upon cessation like opiates will, I've had some bad trips in my day from heroic doses of psychedelics, and as terrifying as they were , I would almost rather have that bad of a trip for several days than to go through the opiate withdrawals that I've endured for the last 2 weeks. so in short, Opiates cool if you don't do it everyday(which eventually you will if you keep doing them) Psychedelics, awesome under the correct set, setting and dose. and much, much, safer clinically.

.3 grams is completely pointless and that type of dose is the dose that will make u feel ill as it will only give threshold effects. u may feel .3 a bit but dont expect much good (if any) to come from it

the .3 is only to test for possible allergies, as the OP says he vomits when ingesting regular store bought mushrooms.

Some one said if you don't vomit off .3 than you wont on a gram or two.. No that is false you may be fine ingesting .3 of the shrooms but increasing the dosage will definitely play a roll in nauseousness. I have shroom tripped twice , both times around 1.5 or 1.8 grams. Both times i threw up right when the come up was coming in strong, but i still tripped balls after i threw up and it made me feel great after.
As others have said you really won't feel shit off .3 Still try that as a test but you may get sick off half eighth or w.e Just try and relax if you get sick and know that you will be feeling fine after you throw up, it won't be a waste of shrooms.

The craziest thing ever.. Scrapping brains off - a very good expression to sum it up.
I had only 1-3 good experiences and other 3 were horrible. The worst you can't expect what's going to happen. It's not like you will be seeing pink elephants dancing and jump from happiness.. You can feel an amazing euphoric rush, walk around the woods feeling that you finally got this glimpse of ultimate reality or you could be seating on the floor talking to yourself and thinking about pulling out your tongue with pliers from your mouth...
Meditating, sleeping well and feeling happy prior the trip doesn't always help. One time I was the happiest mofo taking a bike ride to a beautiful lake outta town on a warm and sunny summer day. I smoked a joint and it was great. Then I ate 1.5 g of shrooms and felt horrible for the rest of the day.
I say don't boil them and what not. Just weigh 'em, powder them up (coffee grinder?) and put them into gel caps. No taste and fast absorption. Take like .3 g on an empty stomach, and if in an hour you are not sick you will know what is up.