• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time methadone dosage?

Fuzz1112

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I recently came upon some 10mg methadone pills and I am curious as to how much to take for a first time high. I have taken most pain pills in the past but have not taken any in over a year. I am prescribed klonopin and I drink a few times a week. I have read many threads saying to be extremely careful and i do not intend to redose. I do not take klonopin as prescribed but when I feel extremely anxious or when I need help falling asleep. I would like to experience methadone at least once if anyone has any advice. I'm very careful of drug use and I understand the half life of both methadone and klonopin

Do not exceed 30mg if you're intolerant and I would recommend sticking around 20mg or so. Methadone has a much more protracted onset and duration than most commonly availalbe Opioids. The danger in redosing lies mainly in the fact that users are expecting a quicker onset than with say, Oxycodone. It can take up to 4-5 hours to really feel the full effects of Methadone.

If you're opiate intolerant, I would say try 10mg first. wait a few hours, and evaluate if you want to take another 10mg. methadone can take a while to fully kick in and Like Keif said, redosing with methadone can be tricky so just do not consumer more than 20-30mg if you have zero tolerance. and please man do not mix with alcohol or kpins. glad you're being safe. have fun and party on!

i was started on 10mgs and i think that's a pretty safe starter dose.