• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines First time Mescaline - Dosage & what to expect compared to other psychs?

nooodle

Bluelighter
Haven't visited this website in a while... If anyone recognizes me, hey!

Got my hands on a gram of Mesc HCL which is pretty rare especially in Australia, and wanting to try some soon!
Have had a load of trips on acid back in the day and am fairly experienced on shrooms.

Just wanting to know what dosage me and my girl should go for? I've heard reports it's sort of an underwhelming experience but I'm wanting something decently meaningful and intense.

How many mg's should we go for each? And how's it differ from say shrooms or acid?

- edit, have done 2cb a few times. Not sure how much it differs from that

Cheers :)

Ive done Mal, which is quite similar . Dose dependent of course. Not as hard hitting as something like acid ,shrooms , or sub-4 typtamines. More gentle . If you want intense maybe its not for you and can stick to more tryptamine psychedelic's. First time always start at a smaller- to moderate dose at most with any new batch.

Last edited:
Ive done Mal, which is quite similar . Dose dependent of course. Not as hard hitting as something like acid ,shrooms , or sub-4 typtamines. More gentle . If you want intense maybe its not for you and can stick to more tryptamine psychedelic's. First time always start at a smaller- to moderate dose at most with any new batch.
What would you recommend as a moderate?

Hmmm i had some Mescaline Hcl 500 mg capsule in 1974 think it was.I had already been familiar with excellent acid at the time for a couple of years pretty much every weekend .Cut a long story short ...it was intense very visual very auditory by no means gentle lol.I was at a railway station no way i was catching a train .It was as good as any of the acid i had been taking ...it caught me off guard lol.Psychedelics are subjective though ones experience differs from another.
I would think 300mg to start off see how you go.It was an excellent journey but came on heavy in the beginning .....enjoy

I'm wanting something decently meaningful and intense.
Long time ago I had the pleasure to interact with 300 mg of mescaline HCl… that was interesting (given the outstanding historical importance of this compound) but not “decently meaningful and intense”. I had no tolerance and was/am fairly sensitive to psychedelics. My next trial sometime in the (far) future is scheduled with 400 mg, as dose response curve seems pretty flat. That’s the range I would recommend, although I have not done it myself. Enjoy.

Yeah, I was going to suggest 300, but I think 300-400 would be fine. Mescaline is generally very gentle. Many people don't like it because they are expecting the kind of cognitive sucker punch that they know from psilocybin. Mescaline's magic lies in other areas: its warmth, its clarity, its steadiness, its love. I find that it feels life affirming.

Yeah, I was going to suggest 300, but I think 300-400 would be fine. Mescaline is generally very gentle. Many people don't like it because they are expecting the kind of cognitive sucker punch that they know from psilocybin. Mescaline's magic lies in other areas: its warmth, its clarity, its steadiness, its love. I find that it feels life affirming.
300mg of good mescaline HCl are by no means a wasted trip imo and it was a nice starting dose for me and my girlfriend at the beach last year, but those extra 50mg make for quite the difference in terms of intensity and richness. Mescaline is just marvelous, the euphoria and connectedness to others, the gorgeous visuals and the clear and friendly headspace are really something else.

Well, I've had a lot of cactus extracted mescaline and it's always been very gentle but I tried some of the "mescaline" they were selling as powder on the darknet a while ago and it blew my head clean off. Had to lay down it was so overwhelming.

Well, I've had a lot of cactus extracted mescaline and it's always been very gentle but I tried some of the "mescaline" they were selling as powder on the darknet a while ago and it blew my head clean off. Had to lay down it was so overwhelming.

What dosages were you taking? Also do you remember how the Mescaline was extracted?

I’ve learned it’s common for many people to leave an impure product when extracting Mescaline. Also certain cacti have more potent alkaloids while others have weaker. That can muddy up the final extract too.

I’ve had numerous extracts and they all vary in dosage and character. Almost always though a good trip is 250-300mg. I’ve had crazy visuals on 250mg. Then I’ve had extracts with other alkaloids (Bridgesii) where 150mg had me feeling like I did a line of coke on comeup.

-GC

Have no wish to extract anything.Just use the herb.Only a gram dried cacti gives me perfect feeling,while been sober in the same time.....just inner feel of peace,joy and desire to do simple tasks-cleaning,gardening or just walking with the dog in the wild

Haven't visited this website in a while... If anyone recognizes me, hey!

Got my hands on a gram of Mesc HCL which is pretty rare especially in Australia, and wanting to try some soon!
Have had a load of trips on acid back in the day and am fairly experienced on shrooms.

Just wanting to know what dosage me and my girl should go for? I've heard reports it's sort of an underwhelming experience but I'm wanting something decently meaningful and intense.

How many mg's should we go for each? And how's it differ from say shrooms or acid?

- edit, have done 2cb a few times. Not sure how much it differs from that

Cheers :)
I've done around 250 mg recently and it was just magical, and soo beautiful. Very erotic feel to it, but not the "horny" kind, more of a "sensual" thing. Lasted quite a bit and made me very sensitive to various feelings that were bottled up inside. I think the setting played a huge role (it took a full day at a festival) too, but my set was good - I did some yoga, meditated, cleased my body etc. Comes on gently until you're completely consumed. The visual effects are interesting too.
I think such dose would be good for a nice long walk in a forest with your lady. The shower afterwards will be fantastic for sure!
It can be compared to 2c-b in the way it gives you energy and how the come-up is a bit irritating to the bowels. In general it feels more gentle, however. I wouldn't compare it with acid or shrooms - the mindstate is different from those.

I also did 500 mg hcl once and I'd say it was a bit too strong to understand anything.

Last edited:
Yeh srooms&cacti are completely different some kind despite being a strong psychedelicks at certaine dose range

What dosages were you taking? Also do you remember how the Mescaline was extracted?

I’ve learned it’s common for many people to leave an impure product when extracting Mescaline. Also certain cacti have more potent alkaloids while others have weaker. That can muddy up the final extract too.

I’ve had numerous extracts and they all vary in dosage and character. Almost always though a good trip is 250-300mg. I’ve had crazy visuals on 250mg. Then I’ve had extracts with other alkaloids (Bridgesii) where 150mg had me feeling like I did a line of coke on comeup.

-GC

I believe this was a synth rather than a cactus extract - first dose I took a third of a gram, second dose I took the other two-thirds. Didnt feel much like cactus to be honest.