• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time heroin use

Swan907

Greenlighter
I was wondering what a heavy but safe dose of heroin for a first time user would be, thanks.

Welcome to Bluelight :)
Depends on the route of administration and the purity of the product. For smoked/intranasal 20 mg should be a good starting dose, for i.v. 5 mg if it's pure

It's very difficult to say without knowing the quality of H and whether it's mixed homogeneously or not. Fentanyl adulteration being very prevalent these days also warrants the use of a test kit such as TKP's fentanyl-test-kit.

If in fact you do have Heroin and not Fentanyl I would either insufflate or smoke depending on which type you have, #3 (mostly Europe) is better for smoking; $4 or Tar (mostly US) better snorting. IV/IM for first use is more than inherently dangerous, not even getting into other issues surrounding that ROA.

a couple golden rules:
*Always have someone with you that's not using, better yet someone familiar with the batch of H you're going to use.

*Always have that person armed with and well versed on the use of Naloxone. Availability is getting better everyday and there's no excuse to not have it these days.

Strongly consider using a pharmaceutical opioid in a standardized dose instead if it's just the "experience" you seek. It's not often I'd say that unless H is also being considered.

Obviously there's far more to it but hopefully you can continue to study up before jumping into this.

For dosages I'd refer to the site below, but it's near impossible to eyeball 5-15mg. Some will say things like 1/2 a match head but without knowing the purity you're going to be in the dark. This is where it's always best to build up progressively using minute quantities till you know the quality of the H you have.
https://wiki.tripsit.me/wiki/Heroin

Also since you mentioned using it for the first time:
Should-I-Try-Heroin-

~first-time-using-heroin

The above info is just scratching the surface but one must start somewhere.
I will now defer to my right honorable core BDD'ers as this hasn't received any replies in OD as of yet.

Welcome to BL Swan and I hope you use an abundance of caution in this venture :)

Since oxycodone would be probably be safer would 100mg be safe to take while still nodding off

No experience with H but to respond to your last question regarding oxy. Oxycodone (instant release) at 100mg will likely kill you if you have 0 experience with opiates. One 10/325 dose should suffice. If you naturally have a nice tolerance, re-dose another 10/325 after an hour or so after the initial dose. Work your way up from there if you’d like but plz be safe and give a sufficient amount of time between doses to make sure they’ve “kicked in”.