• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom First time dosing kratom

xannyhead

Bluelighter
So, i have an ounce of Kratom Yellow Maeng Da (powder form). Ive been currently of vyvanse for 2 and a half years and wanted to quit and thought kratom could be helpful in gradually quitting pure d-amphetamine/lisdexamfetamine (vyvanse). What should my first dose be and can it actually help me gradually quit vyvanse? Should I avoid taking vyvanse (which i take daily and have withdrawls after a couple of days of not taking it) when I first dose kratom? I was thinking bout going 2 tea spoons deep in this experience, which would amount to aprox. 4.5 grams. Any advice?

keep in mind that im not intending to dose daily. I intend to dose once every couple of weeks until the ounce is over.

ps: no previous experiences with opiates, just took some codeine when I had a bad cough but have no history of abusing opiates/opioids. Never taken oxycodone, dilaudid, vicodin or any of these

keep in mind that im not intending to dose daily. I intend to dose once every couple of weeks until the ounce is over.
If you are only intending to dose once every couple of weeks how is that going to help you quit vyvance? What are you going to take the other 13 days to help you?

If you really want to quit I would suggest taking the kratom daily. 4 grams in the morning.......4 more grams in the afternoon. Then maybe a larger dose in the evening to help you sleep.

Kratom is dose dependent. The lower the dose the better the stimulation. The higher the dose the better the relaxation.

Choose any strain you want but the greens and whites will suit your needs better. Even the relaxing " reds " can be stimulating if you take a low dose ( less than 4 grams ). And even the whites and greens can become sedating if you take larger doses ( over 8 grams ).

Good luck !

If you are only intending to dose once every couple of weeks how is that going to help you quit vyvance? What are you going to take the other 13 days to help you?

If you really want to quit I would suggest taking the kratom daily. 4 grams in the morning.......4 more grams in the afternoon. Then maybe a larger dose in the evening to help you sleep.

Kratom is dose dependent. The lower the dose the better the stimulation. The higher the dose the better the relaxation.

Choose any strain you want but the greens and whites will suit your needs better. Even the relaxing " reds " can be stimulating if you take a low dose ( less than 4 grams ). And even the whites and greens can become sedating if you take larger doses ( over 8 grams ).

Good luck !
thank you!

any more advice? do they interact dangerously with psilocybin??
You should be fine with psilos and kratom.

But I don't think kratom substitutes well for d-amphetamine/Vyvanse, it can be stimulating for some (was never for me, independent of the strain color and dosage used) but more akin to coffee than to amphetamine. If you respond to kratom then you'll get some mood elevation though I guess.

isnt kratom hard on the liver tho?
It seems like a fraction of the population might be sensitive to kratom, the vast majority of users get no such problems even with huge kratom habits. Maybe it might even be impurities or other unwanted stuff in the kratom(?). Unfortunately this is something one only will know for sure when it might be too late. But the chance that you'll get liver damage from occasional kratom use is exceedingly small.

I personally recommend starting really low like 1-2 grams then seeing how that effects you as in my experience less is definitely more for stimulation and mood lift is still present.

It doesn’t seem to impact my psilocybin experience in a negative way. I just mixed the two last week and had a great experience.

Just some background on my experience with kratom. I started on large doses because I was on opioids for years. Last time, I was on suboxone maintenance at 16 mg a day for 5 years. I quit suboxone about a year ago, but I tend to be an extremist when it comes to drugs so I started at about 10 grams a dose which I increased to 20 grams a dose three times a day. I started decreasing my dose because I am one of the small portion of the population that gets some side effects from it like tinnitus and pain in my liver for example.

Well, I got down to 3 grams per dose three times a day and I still get nearly the same stimulation and mood lift as I did nearly as I did at a high dose. I highly recommend starting low especially with your opioid history being very light.

Kratom is more potent than codiene if I recall correctly.

The only exception to this is if you are taking it for pain, but you’re not so I would definitely take it low first. I can’t recommend this enough.

I just recalled that this post was a bit ago. Did you try it yet? At small doses in the majority of the population I believe kratom is safe.

I was going to suggest starting with 5g so 4.5g isn't too wide of the mark.

Less than 5g I don't find very noticeable. Higher doses (closer to 10g) could lead to severe nausea, headaches, and even nystagmus with no tolerance.

Tolerance does occur with continous use. I was taking 25g 4x daily with no nausea or malaise when I decided to quit.

If 5g doesn't do it for you bump it up to 6g next time. And so on.

I think I took 3g on my first dose and it made me feel really shitty. I did no more than 1.5g every time after that and not only did it not make me feel like shit, it actually seemed to give me substantially stronger positive effects. I don't recall having a single negative side effect from kratom besides the first time.

I recommend not using it more than twice a day and not to use it every day. Only use it when you are experiencing withdrawals or cravings so strongly that if you don't use the kratom you will relapse.

If you aren't in the danger zone for a relapse, leave the kratom alone.