• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth First time doing this, is it legit

jmr777

Bluelighter
So dude tells someone "you mess with molly?" Other person is like sure next day dude give em a big ass chunk that looks like a decorative crystal or piece of glass. Dude did small little chunk of it nasal like burned like a mf for 30 min, dude was wired af and even from that small bit didn't sleep till like a day later. I'm guessing it was ice?

Edit: so ya I tried like a super small piece, the size of this letter O, just insuffulation. It burned like a mf, I literally had to take 2 benadryl to sleep even 16 hrs later cuz I work everyday. It definitely ice cuz that small of an amount of anything I tried never had an effect unless was bs H that had fetty in it. I've been off h for 4 years never went back to opiates except after near fatal car accident when was prescribed pills for traumatic amputation and degloving injury. Dude doesn't really want the sht even that he knows what it is. I'm almost tempted to be like dude I'll take it as just a one off thing, idk much about it though like is it something you can just pick up and put down?

Last edited:
Hey @jmr777 I'd like to welcome you to the forums. We're always happy to have new people and ideas in the mix.

It's unfortunately impossible for us to every tell you exactly what it was that occured with the substances you and your friend have encountered. We try really hard not to provide information that provides more questions than answers. However, we have a little bit more circumstantial stuff going on here.

Methylene-Dioxy-Methyl-Amphetamine (MDMA; "Ecstasy") and Methamphetamine are closely related pharmacologically as the chemical names clearly suggest. They are both part of a "family" or group of drugs known as Substituted Amphetamines. Likewise, the production of both substances, especially in illicit laboratories is going to use nearly identical equipment, precursors and chemistry know-how.

It's been seen historically that labs for the purpose of making (Meth)Amphetamine are used for making MDMA and vice versa depending upon these above-stated factors, primarily being precursors - Saffrole is a semi-rare part of the process that often leads MDMA labs to be converted to making Meth when this vital precursor is missing or when economic supply/demand blow in a different direction.

It's totally within reason that you could attempt to buy MDMA and end up with Methamphetamine. I would consider it considerably less likely to see this going in the other direction. It makes sense, as Methamphetamine is currently inundating markets globally. There is such a glut of cheap and potent Methamphetamine around right now that it's practically the same price as food. I'm sure there are lots of folks hoping to get rid of extra Meth by this way. Even if someone doesn't get Meth, like your friend, they're gonna get high, which at the very least gives the dealer a smokescreen of legitimacy.

Hey @jmr777 I'd like to welcome you to the forums. We're always happy to have new people and ideas in the mix.

It's unfortunately impossible for us to every tell you exactly what it was that occured with the substances you and your friend have encountered. We try really hard not to provide information that provides more questions than answers. However, we have a little bit more circumstantial stuff going on here.

Methylene-Dioxy-Methyl-Amphetamine (MDMA; "Ecstasy") and Methamphetamine are closely related pharmacologically as the chemical names clearly suggest. They are both part of a "family" or group of drugs known as Substituted Amphetamines. Likewise, the production of both substances, especially in illicit laboratories is going to use nearly identical equipment, precursors and chemistry know-how.

It's been seen historically that labs for the purpose of making (Meth)Amphetamine are used for making MDMA and vice versa depending upon these above-stated factors, primarily being precursors - Saffrole is a semi-rare part of the process that often leads MDMA labs to be converted to making Meth when this vital precursor is missing or when economic supply/demand blow in a different direction.

It's totally within reason that you could attempt to buy MDMA and end up with Methamphetamine. I would consider it considerably less likely to see this going in the other direction. It makes sense, as Methamphetamine is currently inundating markets globally. There is such a glut of cheap and potent Methamphetamine around right now that it's practically the same price as food. I'm sure there are lots of folks hoping to get rid of extra Meth by this way. Even if someone doesn't get Meth, like your friend, they're gonna get high, which at the very least gives the dealer a smokescreen of legitimacy.
So how can he tell if its one or the other, try to burn it?

It did feel weird like slick not like a real crystal is

There are chemical reagent tests used for the identification of drugs. This is what civilians use, NGO's testing substances and what have you. More advanced techniques involve using lasers/gas to identify different substances and these are likely to be used by the government (a police department will generally use the same reagent test that you might. This is then sent to say, the state/provincial drug laboratory where it will be tested using Gas Chromatography or whatever.

These tests are available on the internet. If you are in a larger urban area, there is a chance that one of your NGO's or "needle exchanges" carry them, although this is a longshot. There is no easy and accurate way for you to figure this out with your own devices.

There are chemical reagent tests used for the identification of drugs. This is what civilians use, NGO's testing substances and what have you. More advanced techniques involve using lasers/gas to identify different substances and these are likely to be used by the government (a police department will generally use the same reagent test that you might. This is then sent to say, the state/provincial drug laboratory where it will be tested using Gas Chromatography or whatever.

These tests are available on the internet. If you are in a larger urban area, there is a chance that one of your NGO's or "needle exchanges" carry them, although this is a longshot. There is no easy and accurate way for you to figure this out with your own devices.
I told dude put small piece in water, it like moved around on its on as it dissolved