Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time Ayahuasca User

AyaNoob

Greenlighter
Hello. Please be gentle, I'm a complete noob :D

Long before I had my children I had enjoyed collecting and drinking mushroom tea, never too much as to trip out completely, but enough to get really spiritual and mindful. Apart from some cannabis, this is as much as my drug taking extended to (tried speed once, fell asleep, and tried Salvia but it did nothing for me).

Recently I've been feeling like something is missing. I study ancient history and the further back you go, the more you realise that the ancient people were more in tune with the earth and the extended cosmos and other realms that we can ever be. Studying Vedic texts, I feel that many of the more famous ancient cultures from South America to Egypt used mind-altering drugs to cleanse the mind and reach to the "ancestors", where the Native American takes a concoction to go on Spirit Quests and so on. I have purchased a mix of Ecuadorian Ayahuasca which contains 50g of Caapi and 25g each of Chacruna and Chali. I bought this mix on the recommendation of other users that would be good for a first timer like me who wants to go it alone.

I have a lot of inner demons I am trying to cleanse, anxiety, nervousness, the feeling of worthlessness and a half-century of mental abuse from so-called friends and previous partners because I'm a bit different. I want to understand more about my spiritual consciousness but don't feel that I want to be with anyone else when I do it. I want to fight the problems myself, to heal the pain that I've compartmentalised over the years. I have no ego to speak of and feel that I can totally cope with this journey.

I am hoping someone can give me advice in what I should expect and how much of the final concoction I should take and also how much I finally reduce it. I have also found that there are people who prefer to acidise the concoction with lemons and others with vinegar. What is the best water to us and how much should I use for making up the whole 100g bag. I am aware I have to simmer the potion for at least 12 hours. Is this 12 hours total or 12 hours on the first wash?

I'm sorry about all the questions, but I want to be certain that I do everything correctly. I'm already intending to fast for 24 hours before embarking on this and also to meditate before I start.

Thank you for reading.

I would honestly recommend buying your own caapi and mimosa histillis that the latter you mix gelatin into the finished product then remove the solids to make it less nauseating. There's something special to making it yourself as you know exactly what going into the experience and it helps focus your energy into a state of confidence rather than cautiousness.

I also know chali or chac contain 5-meo-dmt as well as dmt, which could really affect the experience. Again a basic caapi and mimosa brew you do yourself would be best.

I honestly would recommend 4-aco-dmt if you want something you can use every once and a while in lower doses as it's much easier to manage

So I just did an ayahuasca trip a few weeks ago. Here's what I did...

I crushed 100g of dry b. caapi, ground it in a coffee grinder, and simmered the powder with about a half gallon of water on a stove. I then poured that into a coffee maker with a t-shirt section as a filter (regular coffee filters get clogged). I rinsed the remaining b boiled residue with a little fresh water, let it drain in the coffee pot, then put the residue back on the stove with another half gallon or so of water. Same process once again: simmer to a very small amount, dump in the coffee maker with the t-shirt section in place of the coffee filter, and rinse the remaining residue with fresh cold water and dump into the coffee maker. I repeated that one more time. This left me with a coffee pot full of the b caapi haramalas and other various constituents/alkaloids. I threw away the remaining b caapi residue as it had been boiled or near boiled three times. I took the coffee pot of b caapi 'extract' and simmered it on very low heat to the smallest amount of volume I could achieve without burning it. It literally came to about a shot glass worth of thick, black fluid, resembling espresso. I recommend a pot with a small surface area to remove most of the fluid without burning your desired product. For instance, if the pan you use is as wide as a tire, water will evaporate very quickly and can go from perfect reduction to burnt in seconds.

I repeated the above process but with p viridis. I actually did these two simultaneously to save time, but I didn't want to mix the two 'herbs' together. So at this point I have a shotglass full of 100g of b caapi extract and 100g of p viridis. It took about 10-12 hours to get to that point. I screwed up the first time and didn't reduce enough and it made me puke. When I took ~50g of the b caapi and ~50g of the p viridis that was very well reduced, I did not puke. I also had one very intense trip, but it was not pleasant at all. At first it was cool but my mind ventured to a strange place or the herbs took me there without my consent, I'm not sure, but it was a rather difficult experience. You can start with 25g of b caapi and 12.5g of p viridis and work up if you want. Most people seem to enjoy the ayahuasca, but I didnt like it, and I read reports on erowid about people having really difficult experiences. I've taken flood dose of ibogaine, DPT, MXE, 2C-you-name-it, 8g of psilocybe, salvia... but this was rough for me. I was afraid I was permanently screwed up 3 days after the experience... and I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened... so be careful :)

Last edited:
Hi again. Many apologies that this reply is later than hoped, work keeps me fairly busy and I don't get too much time to take some procrastination time online. Thank you both for your more experienced encounters, I will definitely look into it more before taking my first step into the Aya journey and maybe not use the pre-bought mix on this first encounter.

Yeah man, I get you completely. Everyone reacts differently to psychedelics, they're a very complex drug that bind to a very complex receptor. You can see how I went crazy for about a year in my last post lmao. I made the same mistake with LSD, as I have said, the fourth time i did it i took 1.7mg which was a huge mistake, especially mixed with pure MDMA. All I can say, is anyone who wants to start on psychedelics, study them for a while with great harm reduction and informational posts on proper dosing and preparation, what to expect, and how to handle things like an LSD trip or whatever drug is mentioned in spectres comment before taking any psychedelic; I didn't, and I basically rewired my brain into a psychotic state. It'll probably stay that way for at least another year so, yeah be careful.

Peace man, happy tripping in the future to you though! :D

(also some music i suggest is tame impala, kendrick lamar, red hot chili peppers, DEFINITELY Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd (Dark side of the Moon album ;)), Nirvana, Led zepplin, and basically any other psychedelic rock or rap music you like.)

Last edited: