• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First post....please help!!! Just took morphine having horrible experience

carkatz

Bluelighter
Okay so I just took 30 mg of morphine sulfate ER...idk any nicknames for that honestly not an opioid user. I do have really bad anxiety though and get panicky like for example if i get a bad high on weed and start freaking out well I got a kidney stone tonight and normally I'l either fg go to the hospital or at this point my parents are docs and we do have pain relievers in the house so I took that i have literally zero tolerance to opioids aside from the times in my life th that i've taken it for whatever procedure but for some reason it kicked in and i'm truly having a panic attack I'm freaking out i feel so weird like out of my body i don't know what to do don't judge i know i know i seem naive i really just take and enjoy what i'm prescribed plus these opioids always make me feel groggy rather than high so not for me however i've never had a panic attack. i'm prescribed valium for my acute anxiety attacks but i don't want to take that with h this. my heart is beating out of my skin holy shit is it all in my head or is this an effect

EDIT** also prescribed adderall and took that this morning and again in afternoon but i've been on that for years no issues. not sure if maybe the mixture is causing this i doubt it tho idk

Last edited:
Quit psyching yourself out. The morphine ER, should simply make pain go away, in a nice way. The fact that you use an amphetamine that acts on dopamine, may help the 30 mg ER morphine you took, or are thinking of taking.

For quite a few people, the combination is quite pleasant.

30 mg, if taken properly (orally, in this case), is usually safe. Don't drink alcohol or take any other sedatives.

Have a family member or friend keep an eye on you at night, if concerned.

Also call 911, if you have any life threatening side effects.

Roll with the effects and try not to focus on anything but relaxing.

Quit psyching yourself out. The morphine ER, should simply make pain go away, in a nice way. The fact that you use an amphetamine that acts on dopamine, may help the 30 mg ER morphine you took, or are thinking of taking.

For quite a few people, the combination is quite pleasant.

30 mg, if taken properly (orally, in this case), is usually safe. Don't drink alcohol or take any other sedatives.

Have a family member or friend keep an eye on you at night, if concerned.

Also call 911, if you have any life threatening side effects.

Roll with the effects and try not to focus on anything but relaxing.

appreciate that, thanks for your help, calming response.. yeah it definitely was just be psyching myself out. it was just strange though because being on other psychiatric/controlled meds and socially having some fun with others, you'd think i'd be chill with it. I guess i'm just not an opioid person regardless wish the effects would have been nice for me. nonetheless it did take away my pain so there we go!

opiates are sedatives so you should start to feel chill very soon, just sity back and relax

opiates are sedatives so you should start to feel chill very soon, just sity back and relax
sorry my bad, posted this a couple nights ago (but just responded speedking) I finally was able to settle myself down for it was all in my head but nonetheless just not an opioid person. doesn't do it for me, just makes me feel groggy and nauseous, so i really only use them for pain. wish I could experience the famous wonderful effects :/ but thanks for the help!

Glad it worked out, and your lucky your not an opioid person. Wish i didn't enjoy them.