• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First experience with heroin

420Jays

Greenlighter
SWIM recently snorted heroin for the first time and SWIM loved it. SWIM had limited prior opiate experience but it seems like SWIM has a natural opiate tollerance. The first time SWIM tried vicodin his dealer said taking 2 or 3 would get him very high. SWIM took 2 and felt nothing, but the next day swim took 6 and felt a moderate body high and did not feel sick whatsoever. SWIM decided to try heroin, no one pressured him into it, he wanted to do it. He snorted .2 of powder in 1 line and 5 min later had the feeling of love and warmth flow through his body. SWIM was with his friend who has a long history with heroin who also snorted .2. Another 10 min later SWIM's friend started puking a lot and feeling a little sick but he said the high was worth it. SWIM himself did not feel sick whatsoever. The high was very pleasant for SWIM but SWIM remained functional and could act sober if he needed to. SWIM felt the most blissful he had ever felt and was 150% comfortable with everything in life. SWIM did not feel any different to how he normally would when he sobered up and no bloody nose. SWIM also had no physical signs of wanting or needing more but he missed the high almost like how you would miss a loved one. Is this normal to feel fine after doing dope for the first time and while being on dope or was this an expection to the rules of dope use

Swim also plans on doing it many more times in the future on special occasions

We don't use swim here. the effects u described are typical heroin effects. they will fade with repeated use, and eventually lead to physical dependence. I would say, be content that u got a good high and avoid smack in the future.

Let me tell you my experience. I started using on occasion. Just one or twice a month. I loved it until It just wasn't the same. Then I IV'd the first time and couldn't believe what I was missing out on. So I upgraded to a few times a week. Then it turned into every day, doing more and more, never feeling as good as it did when you first started. Then you started getting withdrawals, which you think is just a cold at first, then a flu. So I started getting suboxone to take on the days I couldn't afford it. Now 3 years later, after losing my job, friends, family and spending 1000+ a week, I am finally sober and realized how bad it destroyed my life. Take the advice of the poster above from me and just stop. Everyone thinks they have it under control but it's almost impossible to control for most people. You'll get addicted without even knowing it.

yeah, dont do that. youve tried heroin, dont do it again or youre almost certainly gonna get addicted eventually.

Let me tell you my experience. I started using on occasion. Just one or twice a month. I loved it until It just wasn't the same. Then I IV'd the first time and couldn't believe what I was missing out on. So I upgraded to a few times a week. Then it turned into every day, doing more and more, never feeling as good as it did when you first started. Then you started getting withdrawals, which you think is just a cold at first, then a flu. So I started getting suboxone to take on the days I couldn't afford it. Now 3 years later, after losing my job, friends, family and spending 1000+ a week, I am finally sober and realized how bad it destroyed my life. Take the advice of the poster above from me and just stop. Everyone thinks they have it under control but it's almost impossible to control for most people. You'll get addicted without even knowing it.

This is pretty much the way we all became heroin addicts. For some reason we think we will be the one person who can handle it and not end up with a habit but it eventually gets its claws into you and then you need to use every day just to feel normal and not get sick

Not everyone gets sick with opiates(though some do) I think that's movie lore. I just don't want you o think you have superhuman tolerance or that opiates affect you differently becaue that thinking tends to turn swim into an addict real quick. Man out of care and concern stop while you are ahead because trust me as incredible as it made you feel(I know I've been there) it's nothing compared to how shitty it makes you feel and I'm just talking about the physical part not mentioning destroying everything and every relationship that matters to you.

Missed it like you'd miss a loved one? Lol usually I'm pretty critical of the sobriety thumpers around here but yeah, you should never do heroin again...

Swim also plans on doing it many more times in the future on special occasions

Oh dear. Literally every single one of us thought the same as you at the start. If you have any sense you will run a mile right now while you have the chance, lest you look back at this moment and regret it when you have a serious opiate habit and your life is falling to ruins. Heroin will steal everything you hold valuable if you give it the chance. Please reconsider your plans of using it just "on special occasions", and if you insist on using it again, at least be honest with yourself. There is no chipping - there is choosing heroin addiction, or choosing life.

Hi. I'm happy that you really enjoyed your experience, however I have to agree with the other posters here. I started just like you (and no doubt many, many, many more.) with occasional use and to cut a long story short ended up with a 12 year habit. 7 years of that was wanting to stop hard. when I did eventually kick it (after many tried and failed attempt) it was the hardest 2 years of my life both physicaly and mentally. ofc. not everyone is the same but heroin is hands down an extremely hard drug to kick and one that lets you feel you don't have a habit 'till its too late.

steer clear my friend, it may be the best life decision you ever make.

Please, don't do heroin again.

I used heroin exactly twice, back in the 70's. Once by snorting and once by smoking. I had the same reaction to it that you did. Fortunately for me, the fact that I loved the high like I did was enough to frighten me. I knew, after my second use, that if I used again, I would wind up addicted.

Even knowing that, and having made that decision, it was damned hard to say "no" when offered heroin. I think even today, thirty years later, that flash of "maybe" would be there if someone were to offer me heroin. I loved the high that much.

Yeah that seems pretty common for first use, if you're smart you would stay away from it while you can because believe me addiction will hit you before you realize its too late. Wish I could go back to that first time, you're there though take advantage of it.

^true. you get a couple free tries, then its too late, game over, lose money/friends/home :)

If you continue to use i wouldnt use more then like a gram over 4 days once a month Or 2 Grams I Guess since its not like VERY PURE HeroIN u ASSUME it is not at least andd you said yourself you got a high natural tolerance but once a month usage wont lead to any MENTAL and not just physical DEPENDANCE it wont cause physical withdrawals but like insomnia and panick attacks and or anxiety can develop from long-term use of once very 7 days Usage But I Do Not Judge Daily Use for good reasona dnd depression is good reason beats anti-depressants BUT IF YOU ABUSE IT with escalating dosage and not same doses daily like a pain patient except a depression self-treatment patient i used 40-80mg oxycodone a day or snorted 6mg to 12mg Hydromorphone Daily now i just Drink 90mg methadone since its free now i am on disability and saves me money.

Don't hang yourself with the dope rope!

Run away now!!!!!

^^^
This. Quit while you're ahead. I mean, you already used it and know what the high is like. Why repeat it?

You're not going to recapture that very first high no matter how many times you use it, and you're kidding yourself if you think you can use heroin and keep it to special occasions like the way many people smoke pot or trip on mushrooms or LSD.

It's also extremely easy to overdose on dope, especially if you do not have any sort of tolerance to opiates. Stay safe.

I gave up heroin 2 years ago, and its the best decision I've ever made in my life. You don't need to hit rock bottom to stop! Stay ahead of the drug!