Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch.

Arthur: A SCRATCH? Your arm's off!

Black Knight: No it isn't!

Arthur: Well what's that then?

Black Knight: I've had worse.

Arthur: You LIAR!

Black Knight: Come on, you pansy!

HolyGrail014.jpg

I hate Monty Python. That was the only good thing they ever did.

fuck you...well I know it's not much of a philosophy....but fuck you!!! :p

ment for david

the best scene in the holy grail is the one fewest people are able to pay attention to. watch the scene where bedevere and arthur happen upon some peasants playing in the filth outside some random keep. the peasants say the absolute funniest shit, its all psuedo political philosophy but its great from a historical perspective on the feudal age.

Violence inhereting the system! Violence inhereting the system! Help, Help! Im being repressed!

This, along with the inevitable Anal Sex Appreciation Thread, is an appreciation thread I can really get behind. :D

Besides, I like traffic lights.

Originally posted by THE WOOD
Violence inhereting the system!

i'm british and it pains me to see monty python misquoted :(

"...the violence inherent in the system..."

i actually think that holy grail is far from their best work - it's aged really badly in my opinion. i love both 'life of brian' and 'meaning of life'.

there's a film forum for this kind of thing somewhere around here...

:)

alasdair

Life of Brian is aces...aces I tell you. Holy Grail is good, albeit nearly mindless, fun.

i adore monty pyuthon but didnt like life of brian for ages cos stupid stoner kids used to launch into repertoires for no reason and never knew which was the funniest place to stop so would go on reciting for hours. do me a favour!

But I love monty python and that's what humour should be! plus they are all very gorgeous. hee.

^^Iknow exactly how you feel.

THE WOOD said:
the best scene in the holy grail is the one fewest people are able to pay attention to. watch the scene where bedevere and arthur happen upon some peasants playing in the filth outside some random keep. the peasants say the absolute funniest shit, its all psuedo political philosophy but its great from a historical perspective on the feudal age.

Violence inhereting the system! Violence inhereting the system! Help, Help! Im being repressed!

I know I remember that part. BTW to all those that hate me because I hate Monty Python. I had a former room-mate ruin it for me. I have everything they ever did on CDs here, and he kept playing the over, and over. It's bad when I could recite many of their skits word for word, and describe what's going on, so I stopped watching them, and no one knows I used to watch them. Except for you guys now.

Either way Family Guy is years ahead of it, and by far a much better form of comedic expression. I'm 100% animated only now.

Now if I live with someone that tries to burns me out on Family Guy, I'll kill the fuckers, and bury them in the desert.;)

I have ... 2 series of family guy - it's not king of the hill, but its ok.

Monty Python sketches I love is yes, the dead parrot sketch and I love the sketch of the voluptious girl collecting milkmen in a room, and the oh! the bored pilots in a plane sketch, and the coming in for an arguement sketch and all sorts.

life of brian is good, but holy grail is better and I love all of Brave Sir Robin bits and anything with the delicious michael palin in! haha.

and as for DAvid! bejiminy how are you? its been an age since I spoke to you! xxxx

THE WOOD said:

Yeah that is very funny - perhaps the funniest scene in the movie.
"power derives from a mandate from the people, not some farcical aquatic ceremony" (thats a slight misquote by the way, I cant remember the whole thing)

The skit where the German philosophers take on the Greek philosophers play a football (soccer) match also springs to mind.

BTW The Greeks win 1 - 0 due to a last minute goal from Socrates after a killer pass from Archimedes.

Originally posted by badg3r
"power derives from a mandate from the people, not some farcical aquatic ceremony" (thats a slight misquote by the way, I cant remember the whole thing)

"strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

:)

my favourite flying circus sketch is probably Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things which is just, well, plain silly.

alasdair

he was a most elusive fish

oh but it is only wha-ffur thin

well you covered something with vaginal juices. hee.

and now for something completely different.... the LARCH.

sorry al i was pretty drunk

but u gotta admit that scene is hysterical. most of my american friends just kind of say..."wtf is he talking about? this movie sucks..."

"Well I diddnt vote for you"

"You dont vote for a king!" ><