• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Mystical1337

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

Funny or not, i have a HUGE fear when it comes to the movie "the exorcist". It affects me somewhat to the point where i think about it on a daily basis(usually night). It affects my dreams( her fucking head does my head in),and when i take certain drugs my mind sometimes tends to focus on it, and i spend half the time fighting it.

I am religious ( not overly ), but thoughts of demons and shit really get to me. Any advice? watch the movie 1000 times?

thanks

Last edited:
This is like the last place you wanted to post this question but I'll be nice as I kind of have had to deal with something like this in the past. Honestly, exposure did help me get over my unreasonable fear of The Elephant Man. I watched it all the way through and that was really hard the first time but now if I pass it in the video store I don't get as freaked out. I didn't think about it every day but I'd literally avoid the 'E' section in the drama section in the past. :\ No more. :)

I'm not sure if this will help you but when I watched The Exorcist for the first time I was really stoned, and the whole movie was totally ridiculous! I was laughing at it the whole time. I could not take it seriously at all, and I still can't when I watch it to this day.

Would watching it stoned help? Or would that just freak you out more?

haha im awaiting people to flame me.

if i watch it sober, I'm fine, i laugh at the shit (seen all of them), it doesnt freak me out till night time where my mind wonders. Weed would probably send me to the institute

Last edited:
Watch it on DVD on a laptop in a cemetery at night. That should help.

Requesting that the OP eats a sheet of acid and smokes some DMT whilst watching the directors cut of Alien in a dark abandoned factory.

ClubbinGuido said:
Requesting that the OP eats a sheet of acid and smokes some DMT whilst watching the directors cut of Alien in a dark abandoned factory.
Awesome!

Mystical1337 said:
haha im awaiting people to flame me.

if i watch it sober, I'm fine, i laugh at the shit (seen all of them), it doesnt freak me out till night time where my mind wonders. Weed would probably send me to the institute
Yeah I have an extremely vivid imagination too, and I spend many many sleepless nights thinking of all the bad things that could happen in the night while we're asleep...mainly intruders in the house, and stuff like that. So I know what you mean about your mind wandering when it's dark.

I just relax and breathe deeply and tell myself that none of it's going to happen, so just go to sleep. Plain and simple

Impacto Profundo said:
>film&tv section

welcome to bluelight.
boo! spoilsport!

OP:

exorcist.gif

CG said:
LOL, yes, do that! :D

I think theres something wrong with me psychologically lol I found this movie hilarious when I was about 10 years old, I could not stop laughing throughout the whole movie. I think it was because of how fake and unbelievable basically all horror movies are.

this is a horror great. the atmosphere is something very rare in film.

the second is an abomination. the third scared me with it's boo-ish scary bits. both prequels are pretty tame in comparison.

This movie has always scared the shit out of me. Love it.
I even read William Peter Blatty's book of the same name when I was nine years old. It was terrifying and I was promptly chastened.;)

The book is actually scarier to me than the movie.

today i saw an action figure/model based on the scene where she walks down the stairs upside down and backwards

naw... i'm selling my figures these days, not buying more

or laugh at the amount of smoking and drinking in the movie?

ahh the 70s...

i love this movie!

i'm kinda similar with zombie stuff. it scared the crap out of me as a kid- even the super cheesy blue face makeup crap. it's just the idea of a rotting body coming after you that gets to me. but even though i hate the thought of them, i'm now obsessed with zombie movies. and tshirts and toys and everything else. hopefully you'll embrace linda blair the way i embrace zombies as you mature <3