Votes: 2 14.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

captainballs

Bluelighter
Without a doubt this is the best film Will Smith has ever released. It is not formulaic, and for once I think I can consider myself a serious fan of Will Smith as an actor given his selection of this project. I'm a big crier when it comes to movies - nothing makes me cry more than a true tearjerker, which this film was. Several other audience members were crying audibly throughout the film, and as strange as this may seem these are the kinds of movies that give me massive depression-erections. Highly recommended, even for those skeptical of Will Smith.

4/5

i fucking hate the advertising barage this film is giving us, all of it very fucking nondescript. annoying annoying annoying.

I was not prepared for how intense it got,
I really wanted him to live
. And even though I teared up a good 3 or 4 times, I never really actually did because what he did was so amazing. Hands down my favourite Will Smith film, I definitely think it surpassed The Pursuit of Happyness - which was also a great movie.

edit: spoiler tags added. please don't do that again. now i'm definitely not going to pay to see it. - impimp

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^

NSFW:
I was not prepared for how intense it got, I really wanted him to live.

Wow thanks, I appreciate that as I hadn't seen this yet. HELLO. Spoiler tags???? :X

Thanks for editing that Impacto, that really pissed me off. I had very much been looking forward to this movie.

pissed me off too.

just report such instances in future and we'll jump right on it.

huh. I agree with Impimp that the advertising was very annoying and I actually came in here to read the spoiler but after reading CB's review I'm not so sure.

Welp, I just read the spoiler and I can't say that I'm shocked or even that I didn't assume such a thing in the first place. It definitely doesn't make me want to see the film any more than I already didn't. But since this thread isn't about the ad campaign or my feelings on a movie that I haven't seen, I will now butt out.

It looks like typical American dribbel. I think Will Smith is a talented actor, but Hollywood produces 99.99% shit, nowadays. Sigh.

^I had to be forced to go watch it by my roommate. I went in with the worst attitude possible, because a) I don't go to the movies, and b) the advertising made it look like shit. However, not long into the movie you will realize that there is something a bit different about this one - the only formulaic element in the entire film is the romantic subplot, and while it may be placed in the film for formulaic reasons it is hardly normal by any standard. When I saw it being introduced I almost lost hope for the film, but was impressed that the writers and producers had the guts to really turn it into something even extremely cynical movie watchers wouldn't be disappointed with. The only people I can imagine being really disappointed by this film are the "mass American public," the apparent target audience according to the ads.

I just saw it today. Even though I knew the direction the movie was going, I eagerly followed it every step of the way. Will Smith has outdone himself with Seven Pounds. As one poster pointed out, the only part of the movie that followed formula was the love interest. But it was beautifully done. Most definitely a tear jerker in several scenes.

NSFW:
This is the best movie concerning complete and utter selflessness I've ever seen. He repayed each and every life he accidently took with his own. Piece by piece. After I left, I popped on my MP3 as I always do and The Fray's How To Save A Life came on. It gave me chills. That songs fits this movie so perfectly.

I HATED The Pursiuit of Happiness.
I walked out about 3/4 of the way through as it bored me that much. Total waste of £6.40. :(
Although the nachos I bought made it worth going to the cinema; the film just sucked on EVERY POSSIBLE LEVEL!! :|

So you'd say this is better than The Pursuit of Happiness?
I was going to avoid seeing it because it reminded me of it in the trailers but if it's not like it - I'll go see it when I get some 2 for 1 tickets on a Wednesday :) (other than today as I'm already going to see Role Models today.)

Will Smith managed to remove his prick image from the Fresh prince of bell air with this one for me as I wasn't sure if I am legend was a one off.

I almost got this confused with The Pursuit of Happiness, I haven't seen Seven Pounds but I can't agree more with coldasice, The Pursuit of Happiness was so boring and I also walked out...

I thought this movie was just another 'lose weight fast' scheme.

Skip it, imo.

Its about An IRS agent with a fateful secret embarks on an extraordinary journey of redemption by forever changing the lives of seven strangers. :)
Its a awesome movie... i really like this move..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Castle Season 3 Episode 21