• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Scarface -- Man, this movie rocks

Edvard Munch

Bluelighter
I can find some flaws in it and all, but I just watched this movie on the 20th Anniversery Edition that just came out and it was more awsome then I remember. Tony Montana is the man and Al certainly knew how to capture him.

If you're big into cocaine and would like seeing some cinematic brilliance in the drug lord world, I reccomend Scarface.

"You need people like me! So you can all point you're fucking finger and say 'thats the bad guy!' So what does that make you? Good?" -- Tony Montana

Yeah I like the scene where he's just sitting infront of the pile of coke on his desk, and then just dips his face into it to get a "line" or two. That's just awesome.

i saw that movie for the first time two weeks ago - and thought it was fucking amazing!

any cool special features on the anniversary dvd? certainly a classic, and a total gangstar rap cliche;) note to up coming "thug rappers" quoting scarface, having a scarface poster, or talking about how Tony Montana's philosophy on life mirrors yours is NOT FRESH.... Played out unoriginal tripe.

gotta love the flick tho

Fan'a'Montana

It's right up against 'Carlito's Way'
as to the most steelo he's done.

The 20th Anniversery Gift box set includes ...

- Wide Screen edition of "Scarface" in 5.1 dolby sound and remastered for the best quality of picture
- 3 seperate "making of" documenteries featuring interviews from the director, Al Pacino, the producer, supporting cast members all giving an interesting insight to the film
- Def Jam rap segment (It's just a bunch of rappers on the screen talking about how Scarface influenced them and shit. Pretty fucking dumb to me)
- Deleted scenes (And a decent amount, too)
- The original "Scarface" made in the 1940's, black and white
- A box case
- Tony Montana gold money clip with Montana's symbol on it

If youre a fan, this box set is a wise investment.

I just bought the double dvd... was like 16 bucks... the box set is 60... no movie is worth that if you ask me... the double dvd has everything except the original scarface, the money clip and special collectors tin...

Re: Fan'a'Montana

UnSquare said:
It's right up against 'Carlito's Way'
as to the most steelo he's done.
I fucking love Carlito's Way! Possibly my all time fav film in fact. I would say Scar Face isn't as good, not so polished.

^^^could that possibly be because it was made quite a few years before De Palma and Pacino teamed up again for Carlito's way?

Bought this DVD recently and thought it rocked.
Felt a bit drawn out at times but the closing scene/s more than made up for that.

Edvard Munch said:
The 20th Anniversery Gift box set includes ...

- Wide Screen edition of "Scarface" in 5.1 dolby sound and remastered for the best quality of picture
- 3 seperate "making of" documenteries featuring interviews from the director, Al Pacino, the producer, supporting cast members all giving an interesting insight to the film
- Def Jam rap segment (It's just a bunch of rappers on the screen talking about how Scarface influenced them and shit. Pretty fucking dumb to me)
- Deleted scenes (And a decent amount, too)
- The original "Scarface" made in the 1940's, black and white
- A box case
- Tony Montana gold money clip with Montana's symbol on it

If youre a fan, this box set is a wise investment.

for real. damn that will most def be one of my first dvd purchases... the thing about the def jam rappers really makes me laugh... told ya;)

"fuck casper gomez and fuck the fuckin' diaz brothers!! i buried those cock-a-roaches!!"

Quick and to the point. Scarface is in my Top.5 films of all time. Forget about 'Scent of a woman' In my opinion Al Pacino's best work.

tony

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fucking assholes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fucking fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

scarface4.jpg

I don't know why I hadn't watched this sooner, but I just saw it for the 1st time last night on the USA channel. (maybe because I dont have the patience to sit for 3 or 4 hours) Anyways, this movie rules! Definitely one of my all-time favorites.