• 2 [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 4 [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
I don't agree.

And Nicholas Cage didn't get to be a suicidal alcoholic, just the character he played.

im not sure if anyone could every drink hard liqour like that...
a whole bottle of vodka straight up?(shower scene)
obviously it was water in the filming...i wonder if anyone actually could do that?

trick_aus said:
im not sure if anyone could every drink hard liqour like that...
a whole bottle of vodka straight up?(shower scene)
obviously it was water in the filming...i wonder if anyone actually could do that?

haha have you ever seen When a Man Loves a Woman? did u see what the character of MEg ryan did too? She guzzled an entire bottle of vodka aka *water*

i seriously dont think anybody could really do that IRL . A half , or a fourth, prolly.

crystalcallas said:
i seriously dont think anybody could really do that IRL . A half , or a fourth, prolly.

Come over sometime;)

One of my favorite flicks of all time. Cage is brilliant and heartbreaking.

Sera: “So you’re saying drinking is a way of killing yourself?”
Ben: “Or killing myself is a way to drink”

Other than Con Air, Cage's best role.

(just kidding about that Con Air part.)

jamesmonroe said:
I dont understand "or killing myself is a way to drink"? what?

I'm assuming he means that if he's going to drink, he's going to do it in excess. It's a pretty corny line though.

Then again, I can imagine a drunk person in his headspace thinking that line makes a lot of sense and perhaps thinking it's rather profound.

Doesn't make it any less corny however.

This is hands down my favorite love story of all time (i call it a love story because i'm in love with E. Shue). Cage is brilliant and Shue (sp?) is captivating. It's even reasonably funny at times!

I highly recommend this movie! :)

I can't remember if my wife left me because I started drinking or if I started drinking because my wife left me ....

One of the most powerful performances I have ever seen.

As Lorenzo Anello said (in another excellent movie), "the saddest thing in life is wasted talent."

yeah it was so romantic when she she mentioned gargling the taste of cum out of her mouth....made me feel all warm and fuzzy

trick_aus said:
it was so romantic when she she mentioned gargling the taste of cum out of her mouth....made me feel all warm and fuzzy

You're my kind of woman :D

Leaving Las Vegas

I love this film it watched it non-stop when i was really bad with the drink. Luckily I'm still here and more in control.Does anyone else relate to this film

This is hands down my favorite love story of all time (i call it a love story because i'm in love with E. Shue). Cage is brilliant and Shue (sp?) is captivating. It's even reasonably funny at times!

I highly recommend this movie! :)

It does have a couple of fairy comical moments in it.

When he falls on the glass table at the hotel: "I'm a big ol' pricky pear!"

Or when he meets her female landlord: "Outstanding, sir!"

Big fan of this film. Elisabeth Shue is ridiculously hot in it, too. Pretty good soundtrack, too, particularly "My One And Only Love" by Sting.

Me and the husband had a full on domestic last week over this film(well heated debate).

It wasn't my cup of tea, we had gone on "lets watch films about alcoholism binges" as we watch a hell of a lot of films. His performance was one of the best Ive seen him do, but still the story didn't leave me moved in any way. And found the female character lacking any personalty.

*Recommend Under the volcano <its about an other alcoholic,

Last edited:
was a cool movie, thats what any addiction is about in the end, self destruction /
just takes others longer ;)