Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
I could definitely get into GB3 if Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, James Franco, and Michael Cera were gonna be the new ghostbusters. Could be a winner.

Keep Ben Stiller far away from this project.

Has Dan Akroyd ever been involved in a sequel that was anything other than an abomination?
Caddyshack 2?
Ghostbusters 2?
My Girl 2?
Blues Brothers 2000?

^sigh. Thanks for reminding me. :(

Ghostbusters 2 is the best out of that bunch at least. :\

Finder said:
^sigh. Thanks for reminding me. :(

Ghostbusters 2 is the best out of that bunch at least. :\

Ghostbusters 2 was a great sequel. Yeah, it had it's shortcomings but I'd blame that to executives pandering out the movie so they could grab as large of an audience as they could. Plus, look at Winston's haircut and tell me it's not classic!

i saw this on the Today programe a couple of days ago, apparently all the original cast is back even bill murray, and tht black dude i forgot his name, should be out late next year they said

film: Ghostbusters III

(i know this has been mentioned a couple times randomly on BL, but could not find an 'official' Ghostbusters III thread on the subject, so moderators if one does currently exist please merge)

Sounds like Ghostbusters III will officially be CGI. I am not keen on the thought of one of the defining movies of the '80s being turned into another shitty sequal, all in the hopes of milking the Ghostbusters name for all its worth, and ruining a great franchise.

Ghostbusters III is a proposed project. During his interview with Mike McGuire on CISN Country 103.9 FM in Edmonton, Alberta, Dan Aykroyd announced that Ghostbusters III: Hellbent will be CGI. "I can do all the things I wanted to do for much, much less money," he stated. Aykroyd wrote the script, which was described by IGN as being "too technical", with a new team of Ghostbusters that were not clearly delineated and had no group conflict or leading personalities.[19] Bill Murray has been thought to have held up the making of a third Ghostbusters movie, despite Aykroyd's enthusiasm, due to his preference that the movie be animated and his dislike of sequels.[20] However, he has now signed on to make the movie now that it will be CGI.[21] Harold Ramis is already attached. Sigourney Weaver has not expressed enthusiasm at doing another sequel.
Harold Ramis mentioned in 2005 that he wanted Ben Stiller to take Bill Murray's part in the then titled Ghostbusters in Hell.
The plot was to follow the three Ghostbusters attempting to find a replacement for Bill Murray's character while dealing with ghosts rejected from hell.
Aykroyd later elaborated, now that Murray is on board, that in the movie "We go to the hell side of Manhattan, downtown, Foley Square. It's all where the cops are--they are all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge peat mine with green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand-foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils, very wealthy. We go and visit a Donald Trump-like character who is Mr. Sifler. Luke Sifler. Lu-cifer. So we meet the devil in it".
Jason Reitman, the son of Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman, has stated that he has little interest in directing the movie.
He was a guest on The Howard Stern Show on April 10, 2008; when he was asked if he would direct Ghostbusters 3 and cast Howard, he said "do you know how many times I get asked if I want to do Ghostbusters 3? Looking at my career so far, I mean if you just looked at my two films, I would make the most boring Ghostbusters movie. It would just be people talking about ghosts, there wouldn't be any ghost-busting in it." Ernie Hudson told Moviehole.net, that Ghostbusters III is still very much a possibility. He said he hoped that the new video game would generate renewed interest in a 3rd Ghostbusters film.
On September 4, 2008, Columbia Pictures signed on Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (writers for the U.S. version of The Office) to script a third film. No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is complete.[29] The story will feature old and new Ghostbusters.[30] Ramis had collaborated with Eisenberg and Stupnitsky on The Year One. Judd Apatow is also producing that film, and has made other films for Columbia, so they hope he will provide cast members for Ghostbusters III. Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ivan Reitman are consulting on the project, and Bill Murray will be involved on some level.
source

A few other links ...

----

On a side note, there is a new video game in post production to be released in 2009. You can see a teaser trailer of parts of the game play and screen shots at http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/us/index.html
gbstaypuft.jpg

Opinions? Please share :\

YES!!!! That's what i'm freakin' talking about! Now the GB franchise is worth carrying on...

Game Informer had a big thing about the ghostbusters game that's been in the works for years now, its slated for '09. It says how the game is going to start where the 2nd movie left off.

Link

ghostbusters-the-video-game-20080714115003590_640w.jpg

ghostbusters-the-video-game-20080714114957559_640w.jpg

It's on the unreal engine!

I remember playing a ghostbusters game on Commodor 64. It was pretty sweet as I remember. For the time, anyway...

ben stiller in a movie = bad movie
bill murray not in a ghostbusters movie = bad movie
ben stiller filling in for bill murray in a ghostbusters movie = ecto-shite

Dany Aykroyd tells The Los Angeles Times that they "could be in production by winter" on a third "Ghostbusters" film for Sony Pictures.

Not only are he, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson set but Sigourney Weaver is also onboard now using "Year One" scribes Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky's script which has a new generation of Ghostbusters taking over the duties of the aging team.

Aykroyd said he wishes Ivan Reitman would return to direct the third film in the series but that he's "too busy as a mega-producer" to take it on. He adds that he hopes the five-member "new generation" team will include several female members.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14220/-ghostbusters-3-ready-by-winter-/

Ivan Reitman, who directed and produced the first two Ghostbusters movies, has confirmed that Ghostbusters 3 is ready to go.

In an interview with ComingSoon.net, Reitman revealed that the script is finished, calling it "really good."

"All the original characters have parts," he said about the plot. "As well as a whole bunch of new characters. It's got a really good story, this one, maybe the best of the whole series. I hope we get to do it."

Reitman also dismissed Internet rumors that lead star Bill Murray had read the script and disliked it.

"He has not read a thing. There is almost nothing that is accurate online about that film."

link

Damn. This thread is five years old and STILL no Ghostbusters 3? Hopefully this will be Reitman's next project.

Ramis/ Akyroyd/ Reitman haven't done anything decent since 1993. As much as I'd like to be excited about this, after seeing Year One, I'm not expecting much.

above link said:
The director's most recent project is No Strings Attached, a romantic comedy starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher.

^I'm not too confident in Reitman's definition of a 'good script' given that the majority of films he produces are garbage.

Ramis/ Akyroyd/ Reitman haven't done anything decent since 1993. As much as I'd like to be excited about this, after seeing Year One, I'm not expecting much.

^I'm not too confident in Reitman's definition of a 'good script' given that the majority of films he produces are garbage.

You complain far too much for me to heed any of your posts.