Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

McLaren

Bluelighter
i'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this. apparently this has been going on for years now, with problems in getting all parties to agree on releasing rights.

it's impossible to replace the original cast, or just a cast member, but i wonder how it would come out if it was ever made.

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 IN THE MAKING

Actor DAN AYKROYD has penned the script for a third GHOSTBUSTERS movie and will reprise his lead role alongside original co-star RICK MORANIS. GHOSTBUSTERS IN HELL will see BEN STILLER fill in for BILL MURRAY, who starred as Dr PETER VENKMAN in the 1984 original and 1989 sequel. The spooky comedy was one of the biggest movie hits of the 1980s and featured a hit song of the same name.

Ghostbusters 3 in the making

this is just a small blurb, but do a google search for a plethora of confusing indecisiveness coming from all directions.

Oh, Christ. One of my biggest generalizations--that I have yet to see decisively broken--is that sequels that come out more than say, five or six years after the original suck, big-time. I've always been a big fan of the franchise though, and sorely hope that I'm wrong, and that the creative juice is still there.

By the way, I don't think Stiller is a bad choice.

This movie should only be made if the original cast and crew can time travel back to the 80s and film it there.

Stiller filling in for Bill Murray? You've got to be kidding me. I think Ben Stiller is a great actor, but just not in the same mold as Bill Murray- different style.

I'm not all about Ben Stiller, but i wouldn't care if i thought he was god, Bill Murray made these movies IMO.

Not only do i think this is a bad bad choice of actors, i truly feel this movie (like alot of 80s movies) were just specific to the era and you're not going to remake it and do it well.

To me this would be like trying to re-do Singles from the 90s, or Sixteen Candles, or Goonies. There's just movies you let them live in the era they were in.

^ Amen to that.

This is an awful idea. Stiller is barely humourous, never mind on Murray's level.

I love the two films and would prefer they let them lie as they are. No more.
Part of their charm was the limited effects available at the time. Now with CG, they will look too good, and some of the charm will vanish.

DigitalDuality said:
To me this would be like trying to re-do Singles from the 90s, or Sixteen Candles, or Goonies. There's just movies you let them live in the era they were in.

last i saw they had the green light to remake this....

it will suck though!

ok, enough putting the 'old' people on screen.
how would millions of boomers (and older) americans react if they wheeled their republican idol ronald reagan out on stage all out of it and peeing on himself? their image and lives would just shatter for a moment. that is why nancy always did all the public engagements after he started to go downhill.
why bring back the big stars to the generation that ran in their backyards pretending they were part of the ghostbusters team? just so we can all cringe a little at how old they look while feeling our own mortality?

The Neverending Story (I-II-III)

i want another version but with the visual quality of the lord of the ring

the book is great

...or dune

ninjadanslarbretabar said:
The Neverending Story (I-II-III)

i want another version but with the visual quality of the lord of the ring

I think part of the charm of the Neverending Story is that it's not all sleek special effects. It's just the simple story of a boy and his giant flying dog creature.

:( I LOVE Ben Stiller, but come on- replacing Bill Murray? No one can do that!

I have confidence that Stiller can make anything movie funny, however the thought that came to my mind is that Aykroyd and Moranis are about the same age and Stiller is somewhat younger, so that could make it a little "off"

Plus I love Bill Murray, he's MADE that movie in the 80's!

O well, we'll see what happens

"It's just the simple story of a boy and his giant flying dog creature."
well for me it was a complex story about a boy entering adulthood
the rest was a metaphor about our reality
for me as a kid it shure was deep but magical at the same time
the "bad guy" is a freakin concept, the "Nothingness"

G'mork: I am G'mork. And you, whoever you are, can have the honor of being my last victim.
Atreyu: I will not die easily. I am a warrior.
G'mork: Foolish boy. Don't you know anything about Fantasia? It's the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries.
Atreyu: But why is Fantasia dying, then?
G'mork: Because people have begun to lose their hopes and forget their dreams. So the nothing grows stronger.
Atreyu: What is the nothing?
G'mork: It's the emptiness that's left. It's like a despair, destroying this world. And I have been trying to help it.
Atreyu: But why?
G'mork: Because people who have no hopes are easy to control. And whoever has control has the Power.

"So where are you from? . . .Originally?"

"Hee hee hee GET HER! That was your plan, Ray? VERY scientific!"

You. canNOT. replace. bill. murray.

The film comedy geniuses of the 1980's (Dan Akroyd, Rick Morannis, Eddie Murphy, the Zucker brothers, Steve Martin, Harold Ramis, etc) have all grown old and stale.

Sony Pictures has hired "The Office" co-executive producers to pen a script for a third "Ghostbusters" film reports the trades.

Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky will pen the script which is designed to bring back together the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson.

Eisenberg and Stupnitsky just wrote the comedy "The Year One" which Ramis directed. No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is ready.

Ramis with Aykroyd wrote and Ivan Reitman directed the first two films released in 1984 and 1989 respectively.

The news comes just a few days after Aykroyd revealed in an interview with E! News that "two sharp young writers are purported to be writing the sequel" - and that he'd love to get Seth Rogen and Judd Apatow involved.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080905n.php

Original Ghostbuster Harold Ramis tells The Chicago Tribune that talk of a third "Ghostbusters" last week is accurate:

"Yes, Columbia Pictures is developing a script for GB3 with my "Year One" writing partners, Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky.

Judd Apatow is co-producing "Year One" and has made several other films for Sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent.

Dan Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman and I are consulting at this point, and according to Dan, Bill Murray is willing to be involved on some level. He did record his dialogue for the new Ghostbusters video game, as did Danny and I, and Ernie Hudson.

The concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity."
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080908e.php