Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

FILM: Gagma Napiri (Georgia/Abkhazia, 2009)

Rate this movie

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

• Total voters

Jamshyd

Bluelight Crew
Director: George Ovashvili

Trailer + more info here

Torn away from his father at the beginning of the Georgian-Abkhazian war, slightly cross-eyed 12-year-old Tedo is tired of living the life of a refugee. He works very hard at a garage while his young mother, Keto, is employed as a clerk, but their incomes do not suffice to get by, so Keto begins to prostitute herself in order to help them to survive. This is too much for Tedo to bear, so disregarding all warnings he decides to look for his father in war-torn Abkhazia. Unable to speak the local language and worried about his own safety, Tedo pretends to be deaf. His odyssey takes him across borders into physical and emotional landscapes where nationalism rules and the “eye for an eye” mentality dominates. The war-ravaged world he encounters reflects the complex state of affairs struggling inside the boy’s psyche.

Oooh, just found out about this one. Cannot find it anywhere... ugh. I want to see it soooo baaad!

If by any chance anyone here has seen it, please comment.

HOLY SHIT!

I Just saw this, and it is EASILY the most amazing film I've seen this year!

I suppose it does take a little bit of interest in the very specific subject it deals with (Georgian/Abkhaz war) to coax one's self in... however, I think the initial wait is WELL worth this very unique glimpse at what is probably the ugliest side of one of the world's most remote and culturally-impenetrable areas.

I honestly do not know how much liberty the director took in dramatizing the absolute grimness of an area that separates two zones of a civil war. But I feel that he has not dramatized much, if any, of it. The effect is realistic, believable, and very visceral. I actually broke out in tears several times throughout the film.

Highly recommended, even if you know nothing about the war it portrays.

Btw, I found out that it is actually available as a paid torrent from the very site I got the review above from. Worth every cent of what little I paid for it - absolutely unique and stunning!

9.5/10

The movie can be found on Internet for free in good quality but it is with no translation which makes it pretty worthless.

Can anyone translate the movie into English or Russian?

Enquiry

Hello there,

I've been trying to find a subtitled version of the film for a while. Could you pls fill me in on site you download "Gagma napiri" from? And, was the film subtitled or not?

Many thanks.
DR

HOLY SHIT!

I Just saw this, and it is EASILY the most amazing film I've seen this year!

I suppose it does take a little bit of interest in the very specific subject it deals with (Georgian/Abkhaz war) to coax one's self in... however, I think the initial wait is WELL worth this very unique glimpse at what is probably the ugliest side of one of the world's most remote and culturally-impenetrable areas.

I honestly do not know how much liberty the director took in dramatizing the absolute grimness of an area that separates two zones of a civil war. But I feel that he has not dramatized much, if any, of it. The effect is realistic, believable, and very visceral. I actually broke out in tears several times throughout the film.

Highly recommended, even if you know nothing about the war it portrays.

Btw, I found out that it is actually available as a paid torrent from the very site I got the review above from. Worth every cent of what little I paid for it - absolutely unique and stunning!

9.5/10

^ Hi there!

The film can be downloaded from the site I linked in my first post (trailer), for a small fee (I forgot how much, but nothing scary) and it is very, very worth it.