Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ** (2 stars)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • *** (3 stars)

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • **** (4 stars)

Votes: 31 58.5%

• Total voters
I saw this years ago, but I don't remember much of it but I do remember generally liking it. Then again, I don't even think I knew who Burroughs was when I watched this (I was probably like 14) so I wouldn't really even trust my own opinion.

I love this movie. The way the town seems almost diserted, like nothing is ever going on. The little surreal moments and the hexes. Matt dillan's character was very cool albeit unsympathetic to those who broke his rules.

i heard it was a good movie, never saw it and dont intend to for some reason

Saw it again on DVD...sober this time ;) I reiterate nothing but looooooove for it. Matt Dillon was such a babyface back then!
Does anybody think that Burroughs looks so much like a wrinklier Woody Allen? man.....give Woody Allen a few more years and he'll end up looking like a corpse.

i thought it was just going to be about them going around and robing drugstores, so it totally came out of the blue when the girl died and they kept moving her body around and then the end was all his attempted redemption.

It was ok, nothing spectacular IMO... Definitly worth watching, but nothing to write home about.

Gus Van Sant directs a film about Matt Dillon robbing pharmacies in the 70s? Yes!

This movie is great with the superstitions, cast, tone and especially the soundtrack. Plenty to like, maybe it did not come together as a whole as well I would have liked (as opposed to transpotting which seemed to be more complete morality tale rather then just a slice of life) but I would definitely watch it again.

Dilly.

I love the part in the movie where at the end when he sees the old man.The old man throws all the bottles on the bed and pushes everything away excpt for his Molly.%)

just watched for the first time (online, same site i watched 'spun' on [google: "watch spun"]). loved it.. i loved this one part in particular so i wrote it down...
bob:lady do you want my life story lady i'm a junky i like drugs i like the whole lifestyle it just didnt pay off you know you dont see my kinda people cuz my kinda ppl dont they dont they dont come down here and beg dope they go out and get it and if they miss they go to jail and they kick alone with nothing in some, some holding tank.

woman behind desk: i'm sorry bob i don't mean to hassle you, all of htis is required, i'm sorr if you think is unnecessary. have you ever considered being a conseler to help other addicts with their problems

bob: no

woman behind desk: iwhy not

bob:well to begin with nobody i mean nobody can talk a junky out of using, you can talk to them for years but sooner or later they're gonna get ahold of something, maybe its not dope, maybe its booze maybe its glue maybe its gasonline maybe its a gunshot in the head but something, something to relieve the pressures of the every day life like having to tie the shoes.

best quote (by bob/robert's character in the whole movie)

and the vial of 3.5g of pure dilaudid powder, yumm....

Manico said:
I love the part in the movie where at the end when he sees the old man.The old man throws all the bottles on the bed and pushes everything away excpt for his Molly.%)

william s. burroughs, man.

What was the drug they called "blues". The capsule they showed with blue / white beads looks like a diet pill from the 1960's.