Votes: 2 3.8%
  • *** (3 stars)

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • **** (4 stars)

Votes: 31 58.5%

• Total voters

opiumdreamz

Bluelighter
I just saw the movie Drugstore Cowboy and i loved it. This poll is for any one that has seen this movie. Would you reccomend this movie? If yes then why and if no then why? I would definitely reccomend it for many reasons, one of the main reasons is matt dillons almost "real"performance. What do you guys think?

I too love this movie. Look out for the William Burroughs cameo.

I'd recommend this film because of the good acting, good direction, and a fine cross between surrealism and realism. It's also a pretty decent story if a bit depressing from what I recall.

When they shoot drugs it's no wham bam thankyou I never did drugs before Requiem style shit. I aquired a copy of this movie recently and began watching it again but the first shooting up scene made me uncomfortable and I stopped watching it. Had other things to be doing anyway! I used to shoot a lot of drugs and it's a bit too real, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone quitting drugs, or someone who still has overly nostalgic feelings towards the whole process.

I guess I'll watch it properly again soon because it really is a damn good movie.

yeah its good. but then again i saw it aaaages ago and can't really remember much of it, but i do remember that i thought that it was well acted and that the film was a pretty realistic portrayal of a junkies world, etc.

i thought most of it was kind of eh. i did like the parts with burroughs though.

i LOVE opiates, but find myself confused as to why movies like drugstore cowboy are classics...i mean, its kinda predictable and boring to be honest....the burroughs scenes were nice...i wish they would do a movie around the book JUNKY..that would be interesting...

oh yeah, for anyone wanting to see a real movie/docudrama about junkies, go check out 'story of a junkie'...i heard it is pretty brutal....

The inclusion of Burroughts (a life time junkie who lived to ~80) was interesting.

I member how Matt Dillion going on about the Dilaudid Powder amps, he scored and how, that was the :

best DAMN pharm dope available,

all in all while the dopiers had some fun, circa 1970-they cleaned up and faced reality, with the challenges that provided.

They were not Drug company CEO's or Doc's who could keep up a continuing Opi habit.

^^ well, has there ever been a movie that detailed a functioning opiate addict??if so, what type of movie would that be, rather boring imo...

as far burroughs, as much a everyone looks at him as being the ultimate opiate god, he said the following "JUNK takes everything but gives nothing but insurance against junk sickness"....doesnt sound like the words of a guy that praises the drug...

It was ok. Didn't really have any lasting impression on me though just another film about junk.

Did have some pretty funny quotes though:

Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the little bottles. - Bob (Matt Dillon)

I member that quote (from the movie), snort some Ritalin, or drink some booze, take some Valium-it's all the same shit.

up/down-what ever does it for you?

^uhh, no its not all the same shit. Maybe you've been tweaking too long.

I loved this movie, I think its the best movie about opiate abuse I've seen. The scene when he gets his neighbor to shoot the cop was hilarious

I didn't think the injection scene looked realistic at all... Pulp Fiction.. that booting scene gets me hot 'n' bothered

i remember watchin this movie when i was like 9 with my older sister, they show it on cable frequently as of late, its a great film, no great dope shooting scenes like in pulp fiction or detox scenes like in ray, just the day to day life of an addict, which isn't glamourous the burroughs apperance is classic like shell toe adidas out of 4 stars ill give it a solid 3.

Drugstore Cowboy!!

Matt Dilon going ape shit over scoring some amps of powered Dilaudid (which Heather Graham od's on)

Funny how he tosses over a bottle of 10mg Valiums to the chicks-as candy-?