• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

FILM: Black Swan

Rate this movie

• Total voters
this movie was so awesome, i almost want to get a tattoo because of it (And i dont have any)

I was really looking forward to this movie, but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Everything I expected to see was there.. but there was no character building. I didn't care that
NSFW:
Nina was losing her grip on reality because from the beginning, there was no reason to become attached to her. She was just hyper-dedicated and controlled and high-strung from the word 'go'. She didn't even 'embrace' her darkness until the very end, throughout the movie she just toyed with the idea. Like, "Oh, there's dark? I wonder what that's like." And then she kills herself. Tah-dah.

Eh. You know.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^dude you should really put NSFW tags around certain parts of your post before people get pissed

I'm probably going to receive tongue lashings for this, but I found this movie highly pretentious. The acting was spot on, the choreography was stunning, but the way the movie is done is just.... pretentious. Thats the best way I can think to describe it.

^ it was amazing!!!!! pretty scary actually, it has a sort of bad trip feeling to it. She sees things that aren't there , the paintings on the walls look back at her, faces morph, the black and white contrast, the rolling scene . Very intense feels as if there is someone following her the whole time. And the ending was beautiful when she turns into the black swan with the wings. Awesome!!

saw this last weekend. Twisted movie! Natalie Portman's performance is Oscar worthy imo.

Saw it last night. It's a good movie but falls a bit short of the hype.

I thought it was a bit heavy handed on the foreshadowing. In clever movies, the foreshadowing only makes sense in retrospect (Fight Club, for example). In too many scenes of Black Swan, I felt like the director was saying "Hey! <nudge, nudge> Remember that! <nudge, nudge> It's going to come into play later on!"

Not saying that I figured out EXACTLY what was going to happen in the end. But there were some "twists" along the way that were not as surprising as they should have been just because it dropped so many hints along the way that that was where it was heading.

And with all this talk about Portman and Kunis, may I say that Winona Ryder is still looks very very good. I would take her over either of the other two.

Saw it last night. It's a good movie but falls a bit short of the hype.

I thought it was a bit heavy handed on the foreshadowing. In clever movies, the foreshadowing only makes sense in retrospect (Fight Club, for example). In too many scenes of Black Swan, I felt like the director was saying "Hey! <nudge, nudge> Remember that! <nudge, nudge> It's going to come into play later on!"

And with all this talk about Portman and Kunis, may I say that Winona Ryder is still looks very very good. I would take her over either of the other two.

this is probably the only criticism in this thread that I can actually see agree with, but to me its not enough for me to dock the film to much.

also winona is hot for sure.

^^^
How did that guy get ban-hammered after only 3 posts in F&T?

^^^^^^
Who cares tbh?!?!

Also - most things fall short of hype.

Really great.

Proper mad - amazing music, some pretty erotic scenes (too quick though, but hey that's hollywood for ya), and a dark dark theme of repression and how the spirit breaks free eventually if pushed.

Made me twitch and squirm at points.

5star without a doubt, the only thing I didn't like was a couple of surreal minutes close to the end - but hey, paranoid delusions etc.

Despite the abundance of masturbation and girl on girl action, I honestly found it a little boring.

The cinematography admittedly is superb (aside from the rampant overuse of snory cam) but the plot is paper thin and the characters are one-dimensional. The mother character was totally unbelievable to me.

It's a very pretty film with very little substance. Sort of like the Ballet, which I guess was the point?

Thing is, I don't like the Ballet.

And this didn't change my mind.

2 stars

Also, can someone change my vote to 5 stars? It was 4 before but the fact that I think about it so much has upped it to 5.

This movie was near perfection so stfu.

Technical perfection sure. But then there's the cliches, predictability, unbelievable one-dimensional characters, etc. Like I said it's very pretty but what does it have going for it in terms of story/ character? I thought it was a totally uninspired script with a couple of really silly moments (particularly the mirror shard and the CGI transformation). The characters were almost all cliched cardboard cutouts. Winona Ryder as the old washed up star, Vincent Cassell as the overbearing European womanizing mentor, Kunis (perhaps the least believable casting choice) as the wild girl, Portman as the straight girl, the over protective mother trying to vicariously live through her daughter. I don't think there was as single character with any depth. Sure there was a lot of clever camera work and pretty cinematography, but is that what makes a good film? I seriously don't get it. The film is about as subtle as a Michael Bay film. Everything is spelled out from the beginning. I knew the ending of the film a quarter of the way into it. Nothing came as a surprise. I was basically just waiting for it to end.