• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fight against dilated pupils (mydriasis)

andrejavas

Greenlighter
Good evening,

I was wondering if there is a practical way to fight pupil dilation (mydriasis). I'm engineering student, that recently discovered raves. And it's an incredible experience. Feels like i found something what was missing. I wasn't much of a social person, because i don't drink. That's just the reason why i wasn't invited to many parties, but nevertheless my friends chose to spend time with me, and not chase parties in the past. Which I am grateful for. I'm cautious, moderate user, I always want to be in control of my surroundings. But I ran into huge pupils problem, which is out of my control. U see, laws in my country are pretty harsh. If u get caught under influence, you can get up to 2+yrs. Cops are also pretty fantastic. We had about 3 places to rave in our city, one just closed, so my chances are getting slimmer. Just by luck I still have never encountered them. Or maybe I had, I don't know. Because they go to raves undercover, they also do full out blown raids with masks and sub machine guns... So far I've got: Not an option: Opiates, sunglasses(they see you in a club with sunglasses, you are first to be checked). I've read about pilocarpine eyedrops, but they require a prescription, I've read about colored contact lenses, but they just make colored part of the eye(iris) bigger in retrospective, doesn't effect pupil, anyone tried them? Any other suggestions? Stay safe.

In my experience, opiates don't help much to counteract mydriasis. Maybe try the ophthalmic drops. Honestly, if law enforcement is that harsh for simply being under the influence, I would quit the drugs. Not worth being shot man.

Cholinergic agonists such as Pilocarpine and Dapiprazole are good for reducing the diameter of the pupil, there are ophthalmic drops of the two compounds, but I suppose you need a prescription.
Anyway, any substance that contracts the pupil has other effects on the body and it could be dangerous to mix it with other drugs.

DocLad

Maybe organize your own small private raves with the few people you trust.

Imo rolling is best when done with someone special at home or with few like minded individuals instead of a club setting.

Maybe organize your own small private raves with the few people you trust.

Imo rolling is best when done with someone special at home or with few like minded individuals instead of a club setting.

Yes, the same for me. Anyway that does not prevent the pupils dilate, which is the reason why this thread has been created lol.

DocLad

Wow. Can I just say how much it would suck to live in a country where just having the wrong size pupils gets you jailed or shot?

Maybe stay home or at a friend's house when you are high? Wear sunglasses outside and don't go in a store where a police car is outside lol! Or if an officer is around just pick things up and read them in the store until he leaves.

Good luck man. That really sucks. My pupils are always small because of the opiates I take but even after I had a car accident no one said anything or even searched my car or purse, and it was a State Trooper that came to the scene. He was right up against me while asking questions but I hadn't been drinking and my medication doesn't make me fidget so I didn't throw up any flags.

The release of oxytocin can cause mydriasis, also even a head injury can damage the sphincter of the iris or surrounding nerves.

At least they would be possible excuses.8)

DocLad

I live in Eastern europe, cops rarely shoot anyone here, guns are more for scaring people. Majority of people at raves are super nice/chaty/friendly, thats also part of the charm. I wouldn't think cops could believe, head injury excuse.

Last edited:
The release of oxytocin can cause mydriasis

I've IV'd oxytocin and I didn't get mydriasis. I can't name one natural, real-world scenario where you would get huge pupils unaffected by light. Maybe being scared to utter death or something. Huge pupils always equal drugs or some kind of disease which coincidentally everyone in a rave's gonna be afflicted with so the cops will never suspect controlled substances being involved.

OP, get contact lenses, that's what I'm going to get in case I accidentally look in the mirror while on E. Mydriasis utterly disgusts me and can trigger a bad trip.

You are the first one I know that is disgusted by mydriasis. Imo it looks beautiful.

Don't ever go to Lounge's nudie thread while rolling so me and my fiancee's pics won't trigger you a bad roll %)

Beautiful? You look like a fucking corpse with those black bug eyes. I don't know what the Lounge's nudie thread is but I'm sober now and pics of people with dilated pupils will merely make me sick. :)
FYI: Seeing photo evidence of people playing the dating game makes me even more sick, a pitiful kind of sick if you will.