• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl tolerance question for a chipper

Fubusmaximus2

Greenlighter
Hello, I’ve used opioids and opiates for 10+ years now. At one point I was addicted to heroin/fentanyl and then OD’d via needle the 3rd time (I never cared for the needle surprisingly, nor snorting. I’ve always ate mine, even ate the H caps I’d buy).

After recovering in the hospital for a week I went back to chipping and am never going to everyday use again. It’s fucking miserable and I don’t recommend it to anyone, no matter what pain you are facing.

How I do it is take 4mg/day buprenorphine on weekdays and get high on weekends (fake oxys / fentanyl for a 48 hour window F-Su). If I go for even an extra dose past the weekend I get WDs when going back to buprenorphine for 3 days.

This has all been fine for almost a year, but I’m noticing I have to take more fake oxy 30s / fentanyl than usual to get high, even though my buprenorphine dosage has stayed the same. Can tolerance go up for one and not the other? How long would I need to stay on buprenorphine only, to reset my fake oxy / fentanyl tolerance? It’s taking 3 of the blue round fake 30s to feel anything and these suckers are expensive. Previously 2 of them would get me really good.

Please do not suggest snorting or shooting, I’m not going back to that and I’m also never going to stop using *most* weekends. I also have a sober spotter with Narcan on hand anytime I use for, “safety”.