• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

fentanyl question

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Metalgypsy

Greenlighter
Okay screw it man here goes nothing , hope somebody gets this - I just cut open a 25mcg Fentanyl patch and squeezed it in my coffee - i know Fentanyl quite well but never did it this way - am i n danger ?

Please tell us how you are doing. Without knowing your tolerance, we could easily think you overdosed.

True, we don't know your tolerance...that aside, assuming you already have a high tolerance it is 'safe' to drink in your coffee as people actually pour that right into their mouth. The issue I wonder about is that fent won't 'bind' with coffee and you may miss it all by drinking the coffee and then see globs of it at the bottom or stuck to the cup...either that or it may make a glob that floats on top. I'd like to know how this went for you. Oh, and btw, don't forget that dosage is supposed to be 25mcg an hour,meaning the actual patch has something like 100 MG inside of it all together, Be careful. Let us know how it went

True, we don't know your tolerance...that aside, assuming you already have a high tolerance it is 'safe' to drink in your coffee as people actually pour that right into their mouth. The issue I wonder about is that fent won't 'bind' with coffee and you may miss it all by drinking the coffee and then see globs of it at the bottom or stuck to the cup...either that or it may make a glob that floats on top. I'd like to know how this went for you. Oh, and btw, don't forget that dosage is supposed to be 25mcg an hour,meaning the actual patch has something like 100 MG inside of it all together, Be careful. Let us know how it went

Seeing as he made the post 5 1/2 years ago I think we can safely assume he's either dead or OK but either way, not coming back to read any further replies.

Also the 25mcg/hour patch has 4.2 MILLIGRAMS fentanyl inside it not 100mcg...it needs a very high initial fentanyl load in order to maintain a diffusion gradient into the skin for 3 days...

This is why abusing patches by emptying their entire content at once kills people....just a HR note

Unfortunately, there is quite literally nothing that can be done in this situation besides proverbially rolling the dice. You've ingested a dose of a powerful Opioid, knowing basically nothing about how it will effect you and now you're considering the consequences.

Just an FYI class, if this is not a trolling thread, this is the opposite of how you apply Harm Reduction to your lifestyle and your usage of drugs. You can either call an ambulance or not. You can call a friend to come check on you or not. We can't tell you whether you will live or die. It's not our thing. I'm fixing to close this. I'm not trying to be callous, but this query is philosophically impossible to act upon. He either gets help or doesn't.

Unfortunately, there is quite literally nothing that can be done in this situation besides proverbially rolling the dice. You've ingested a dose of a powerful Opioid, knowing basically nothing about how it will effect you and now you're considering the consequences.

Just an FYI class, if this is not a trolling thread, this is the opposite of how you apply Harm Reduction to your lifestyle and your usage of drugs. You can either call an ambulance or not. You can call a friend to come check on you or not. We can't tell you whether you will live or die. It's not our thing. I'm fixing to close this. I'm not trying to be callous, but this query is philosophically impossible to act upon. He either gets help or doesn't.

Let's try not to resurrect long-dead threads unless there is a definitively beneficial reason for doing so. I know this all seems like bureaucratic bullshit, but we have to do our best to reduce clutter so those that are in need of real help can actually get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.