• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl possible side effect, hearburn?

t6apb

Bluelighter
ive been using fent quite alot recentlly and i have noticed ive been getting heartburn, nothing serious just its there and quite unpleasant, is fent knwon to do this as a side effect?

I get heartburn when I do any opiates stronger than hydrocodone. Sometimes really bad so I can't sleep or even lay down for too long.

It may very well be one of the "inactive ingredients" in the medicine. Did the brand you were taking change recently? In what form is the medication. Patch im guessing, but im not really sure what all they offer oversees. The don't make the gel patches here in the states anymore as far as I know. I think they still make the Lollypops but those are very uncommon. Its possible you might be taking just a bit too much also. If its a patch, are you wearing it, popping it in your mouth, or doing the worst thing, and injecting?? Not judging if you are. Its just dangerous even in opiate tolerant people.

its the non-gel patch i use 100mcgs per hour/16.8mgs total patch.

i use it by cuting into strips and placing them between my cheek and gums and leaving it there for as long as possible.

yeah im thinking its when i take too much or swallow too much.

I have heartburn (once in a while) when I take hydrocodone, but I haven't had it from fentanyl yet.