• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl Patch

quietcowgirl

Greenlighter
My dr put me on a fentanyl patch and I started it yesterday. It’s the lowest; 12mcg per hour dose and I don’t feel a thing! I have a pretty high tolerance, i usually take 3 10mg norco at a time..is one patch not enough? Should I try two?

No do not do two. I don’t see you having a high dose unless you’re taking something other then Norco. Norco is like on the weaker side of opiates.

Just try to do as the doc says and remind them when you see them to ask if there is other options.

We can’t tell you how to do things, it’s up to your doc.

No do not do two. I don’t see you having a high dose unless you’re taking something other then Norco. Norco is like on the weaker side of opiates.

Just try to do as the doc says and remind them when you see them to ask if there is other options.

We can’t tell you how to do things, it’s up to your doc.

I don’t exactly follow Drs orders with the norco. I take 3 10mg norcos about five or six times a day until I run out of my script each month. The patch is a 12mcg/hr patch and I don’t feel it at all. Is there a way to potentiate it?

Are you taking this to have "fun"? or taking it to get pain relief? TBH 12mcg/hour is a pretty low dose for someone with a tolerance (imo). When im a work I typically give my patients 100mcg of fentanyl straight up via IV (which last about an hour). Most of the time, these people don't have an opiate tolerance and they have no problems with it. Note, this is typically for trauma-related problems, Ie. a fractured extremity, but they still have no respiratory type problems.

Obviously, consult your doctor, if this is for pain management. If this is to have "fun", fentanyl's high sucks...compared to hydrocodone. Not much euphoria at all (once again, jmo). I've IV'd pharma grade fentanyl and was EXTREMELY disappointed.

Be safe.

Yeah fentanyl sucks chewed a whole 100mcg before and nothing. If you wanna be high oxymorphone is the way to go. But I'm 2 years clean thanks to subutex. Fent is a waste IMO

My dr put me on a fentanyl patch and I started it yesterday. It’s the lowest; 12mcg per hour dose and I don’t feel a thing! I have a pretty high tolerance, i usually take 3 10mg norco at a time..is one patch not enough? Should I try two?
Fentanyl is much different than the others. It is generally much easier to overdose on and the extended amount of time it stays in your system is what really causes the issues. It's fairly easy to die from doing too much too fast and if you're "lucky" like me you'll just throw up violently while having breathing problems. That being said...

12mcg fentanyl (used as directed, as a patch, no extra heat)= 30mg norco (3 of your pills) constantly for 3 days. The MME of a 12mcg fentanyl patch and 3 norco 10's are both "30 MME"

PLEASE keep in mind that every little thing you do changes how the patch activates. If your shower is too hot it's going to release more from the patch faster.

To answer your question more directly however, if you are used to taking 3 norco 10's at a time, multiple times a day, you can pretty much expect to not feel anything from your patch except possibly the pain relief it's made for. If you add another patch, at the level you're at, you probably still won't get what you're looking for. If you add multiple patches, you're probably going to die or have a pretty bad time. (Can't really say one way or the other on that as everyone reacts differently.)

Lastly, I can say that over about 2 years I slowly built up to 100-200mcg a day in patches (took some norco and oxy and and a few others around that time too) but when I dropped the fentanyl those withdrawals were not something you want to experience.

What to take away from this?
The only real recreational value fentanyl has is if you don't already have a tolerance built up. If you do feel anything from it that means it is skyrocketing your tolerance levels from where they are and it's a bitch to fall from. Good luck.

Are you taking this to have "fun"? or taking it to get pain relief? TBH 12mcg/hour is a pretty low dose for someone with a tolerance (imo). When im a work I typically give my patients 100mcg of fentanyl straight up via IV (which last about an hour). Most of the time, these people don't have an opiate tolerance and they have no problems with it. Note, this is typically for trauma-related problems, Ie. a fractured extremity, but they still have no respiratory type problems.

Obviously, consult your doctor, if this is for pain management. If this is to have "fun", fentanyl's high sucks...compared to hydrocodone. Not much euphoria at all (once again, jmo). I've IV'd pharma grade fentanyl and was EXTREMELY disappointed.

Be safe.

I have AIP Porphyria and I half use it for the needed pain relief and half to get the euphoria and “go” I need to get out of bed. I realize my use has turned into addiction but I have a short lifespan anyway so fuck it. I put two patches on and finally feel some pain relief but no “go” that I wanted today. I guess my takeaway is that these suck for any recreational purposes and for pain relief I need twice the dose.

Greetings, kindly asking for help. I cannot prepare carfentanil for use. After trying to dissolve it with ethanol, there still remains some kind of fat interlayer, please help.