• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl patch questions

Anyone? I'm kind of feeling a little of that opiate onset will it get stronger by tomorrow? Also is it safe to sleep with it on? Remember I'm only wearing a little less than a half of the 75mcg/hr patch.thanks again

For me, fent was always one of the most euphoric opiate highs I've ever had, and was my doc for quite some time. Everyone is different though. I wouldn't suggest sleeping with it on. If the dose ends up being too high, you won't be conscious to take it off. I would still go the oral route if you're trying to get high. It's also easier to monitor your doses as it doesn't take so long to kick in.

Stickiness of a patch taken off is VERY dependent upon the surface you stick the patch on whilst you're not using it.

I've used these things for several years and know my shit about patches.

Store it by sticking it on the silvery inside of the pouch which the patch came in.

And trust me and the others who've posted in this thread: it WILL work stuck in your mouth..... be it on either inner cheek or folded in on itself and stuck beneath the tongue or below your bottom teeth at the front of your mouth on the gum.

Really try hard not to salivate whilst you "cheeking your bit of patch" as the drug is absorbed through the mucous membranes (the wet bits) in your mouth directly into the blood stream.

But please take it easy: a 75mcg/hr patch is serious shit and easily has the capacity to kill you if you don't respect it.

Remember: you can always take a little more but if you take too much you can't just take that away.

If you've got the reservoir patches, then I think that the best thing to do is smoke it.
The best way to use the gel patches is to smoke them. It's easiest to titrate the dose this way. Poke a hole in the patch with a pin, and squeeze out a SMALL droplet of the gel. Really small, like the size of the head of a map pin. You can always take more, never less. Fentanyl is serious shit, you don't want to overdo it. Fold a square of tinfoil in half (with the dull face on the outside), then use the folded edge to scrape your SMALL blob of fentanyl onto it, then unfold so you have a square with the blob in the centre. Get yourself a tube to toot with, then set yourself up with the tube in your mouth and the square just beneath the end. Get a lighter, light it a fair distance below the foil, then bring it up until the gel starts to evaporate, and inhale the fumes. You don't want it to smoke or burn, just vaporise it off. Congratulations! You have now smoked fentanyl, and should be enjoying a hell of a rush.

Its the mylan patch I got its not gel, it looks like a peel and stick sticker

Sorry, your first post talked about sucking the liquid out, so I assumed it was a reservoir patch. Yeah, just cut it into(very) small pieces and suck on it. Important thing to remember is that you can always take more, never less.

remember i split a patch with a buddy of mine...so i got half of a 75mcg/hour patch and he got half...it has been on my chest for about 14 hours now would it be ok to cut some off of it and suck it in? how long do i suck on it? and also do i swallow the piece that i'm sucking on?

I wouldn't suck it as such, just put it between your gum and your cheek for a while. You barely even notice it there, so just leave it until it's obvious you're not getting anything from it. No, you don't swallow it. If it were me, I'd use a fresh patch rather than one covered in my own chest hair, but that's horses for courses.

Mylan 75mcg/hr fentanyl patch help

I have one brand new mylan 75mcg/hr fentanyl patch and i was wondering what is the best way to get a recreational "high" from it...it is not the gel kind...its the kind that looks like a peel off sticker...i used one by just applying it and did not get a real high from it, i can tell i am just pain free..so would the best way be to cut off little pieces ad suck on them for a half hour and then swallow the pieces? also keep in mind my tolerance to opiates is pretty high... ive taken up to 90-120mg roxi a day, 30-50mg methadone a day and up to 150-200mg hydrocodone daily.

I wouldn't suck it as such, just put it between your gum and your cheek for a while. You barely even notice it there, so just leave it until it's obvious you're not getting anything from it. No, you don't swallow it. If it were me, I'd use a fresh patch rather than one covered in my own chest hair, but that's horses for courses.

appreciate the help brotha.. but will it still work if i did choose to slowly cut off pieces and suck on them even though it has been 14 hours on me already? also no chest hair here lol

Well, yeah, it'll work, obviously it won't be as potent as a new patch.

There are a ton of threads about this, but your best bet is to just put it on your (freshly cleaned, dry, hairless area) skin, and use a heating pad, hot shower or blow dryer to speed the release of the drug up.

Be careful using heat, as you will adapt to it and the fent numbs the pain (kinda), and you will blister and scar if you over do it. Patience is key with matrix patches.

edit: I like to apply heat in intervals. 10 on, 10 off, for a couple hours usually does the trick for me. But when I put a fent patch on I notice all I'm concerned with is getting more into my system. I slap the skin around the patch, heat it up, all kinds of stuff.

I've tried the other routes and buccal is a pain in the ass trying to keep your gums dry and not swallow any saliva all at once. Just put it on. :p

Its actually the duragesic 75mcg/h each patch contains 12.6mg fentanyl the mylan ones have 7.65mg of fentany. So will I notice a difference between the 2? Should I just slap on the. Duragesic or eat/chew this as well? Thanks

Its actually the duragesic 75mcg/h each patch contains 12.6mg fentanyl the mylan ones have 7.65mg of fentany. So will I notice a difference between the 2? Should I just slap on the. Duragesic or eat/chew this as well? Thanks

Shit, I've done fentanyl every way possible, and I'd say if you have the duragesic, put some in your mouth and then scrape off some gel with an exacto or razor blade and smoke it.

Of course this isn't a very harm reduction post, but in my experience, the duragesic are so much better than the mylan. I would put some in my mouth, wait 30 minutes or so, then smoke some.

When you combine these, it's very intense. Orally, it lasts much longer than smoking, but smoking it is like the crack of opiates. It's an instant onset, almost as fast as injecting something, and it only lasts 5-10 minutes. I guess if you want to get the most out of them and get high the longest, stick with orally. But if you have some to spare, try smoking it.

Also don't do this regularly. Fentanyl is known to be the worst opiate for you. Such a close line between high and OD, and when taken improperly (orally, IV, smoking), it can cause serious liver damage.

Be safe, enjoy it, and make it a one time thing

Extracting fentanyl from polymer-matrix patches

Remember that with fent the difference between just feeling a little pain relief and being out cold (dead if the patch is still on) is extremely small and even when you manage to hit the enjoyable middle ground it's not that great and is almost impossible to maintain.

The variability in effectiveness of any extraction or abuse mechanism for such a potent opioid means it is impossible to tell how much drug you are actually getting and will just have to play it by ear. Start low.