Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fentanyl laced cocaine and meth in New Zealand

moonyham

Bluelighter

Finally arrived here in NZ. After seeing someone recently here in Melbourne find fent in their meth I knew it wouldn't be long. Didn't think itd spread this quick though!

Honestly it'll be interesting how this evolves. I can't imagine the guy who sold this is going to not get narked on/killed. Opiates aren't really a thing here.. This is pretty fucked up for our drug scene and unheard of.

Any time I hear "fent sold as meth/coke" my disbelief is at 99.99%. The article says this fent was sold as both coke and meth. Those drugs look nothing alike, make up your mind. And the second anyone snorted them, they would 100% notice it was not meth or coke, which both have a very unique taste and experience. It doesn't make sense. A rare mixup or cross contamination I would believe. Intentionally doing this only makes sense to ignorant fools who have never done the drugs involved. Cutting coke or meth with opioids would make them seem weaker, not more powerful, and you'd make more profit just cutting it with the cheapest inert powder in your town.

Until I see actual lab tests from a *wide variety* of batches showing *signficant* levels of fent analogues in coke and meth, I'll stay suspicious of reports written by "journalists" who literally couldn't tell tar heroin from meth.

Last edited:
Any time I hear "fent sold as meth/coke" my disbelief is at 99.99%. The article says this fent was sold as both coke and meth. Those drugs look nothing alike, and the second anyone snorted them, they would 100% notice it was not meth or coke, and never buy more from that guy. It doesn't make sense.

Until I see actual lab tests from a *wide variety* of batches showing *signficant* levels of fent analogues, I'll stay suspicious.
If I had to guess, because of the negative reputation of meth compared to cocaine here, people presenting to hospital may have claimed it was a coke situation gone wrong. Easier to explain/less drama if you are young enough your parents are getting involved in such a hospitalization.

Id say it was probably sold as meth and is contaminated.

That part of the country is.. Rural/small town. I doubt anyone does coke or deals it in that area.

If I had to guess, because of the negative reputation of meth compared to cocaine here, people presenting to hospital may have claimed it was a coke situation gone wrong. Easier to explain/less drama if you are young enough your parents are getting involved in such a hospitalization.

Id say it was probably sold as meth and is contaminated.

That part of the country is.. Rural/small town. I doubt anyone does coke or deals it in that area.

I agree. That's immediately what I suspect of a panicked, fucked up teenager. Unfortunately the ignorant adults running with that story does serious damage to the ultimate goal of harm reduction and education. I see this headline in the USA once a month and it drives me fucking nuts. Little to do with this actual incident. More about the general societal issues of ignorance and sensationalism. Facts are boring, and they take patience to suss out. Aint nobody want that shit round here

There is very real danger out there, and the more we fill people/kids heads with confusion, the less ability they have to actually be safe.

coke is throughout NZ these days. Granted most of it is cut as fuck.

The thing with welly though and that whole scene is that everything is cut there with wack shit.
Wairarapa isn't really welly though. People Commute but there's basically no clubbing or bar scene to drive the coke demand that welly has(which is still tiny, compared to other drugs). I don't even think there is a 'club' at all in the wairarapa.

Coke is more common these days sure but I know a lot of drug users and ive never heard of it being bought/sold/consumed outside of a city like Auckland, Wellington etc. I have friends in the wairarapa.. The drug scene is meth and weed with a bit of mdma here and there. Pretty much the case for the entire countryside lol.

I'm 99% sure these were young people who said 'yeah cocaine' when a nurse said something like 'have you had any drugs tonight? Meth, cocaine, heroin?' because it sounded less worse.

Finally arrived here in NZ. After seeing someone recently here in Melbourne find fent in their meth I knew it wouldn't be long. Didn't think itd spread this quick though!

Honestly it'll be interesting how this evolves. I can't imagine the guy who sold this is going to not get narked on/killed. Opiates aren't really a thing here.. This is pretty fucked up for our drug scene and unheard of.

Fent in meth is almost impossible. You cant synthesize methamphetamine HCL when your flasks are contaminated with a substance like fent. And good luck getting shard crystals when its gassed and crystalized at the end. The only way really your Melbourne friend could be correct is if the baggy contained residual ect

Fent in meth is almost impossible. You cant synthesize methamphetamine HCL when your flasks are contaminated with a substance like fent. And good luck getting shard crystals when its gassed and crystalized at the end. The only way really your Melbourne friend could be correct is if the baggy contained residual ect
I don't think anyone is claiming people are synthesizing meth along with fent in the recipe.

It'll most likely be cross contamination if I had to guess. It would take much fent on a mixing table or scales to be enough to be concerning.

I can't find the post right now but the Melbourne dude on here isolated the fent from his meth and tried a pin head sized piece and scared themself with how strong it was.

andy it was somebody purposefully putting fent into random drugs or selling it as others.

I don't think anyone is claiming people are synthesizing meth along with fent in the recipe.

It'll most likely be cross contamination if I had to guess. It would take much fent on a mixing table or scales to be enough to be concerning.

I can't find the post right now but the Melbourne dude on here isolated the fent from his meth and tried a pin head sized piece and scared themself with how strong it was.
That's scary bro. Fent can stay the fuck away from Australia!

That's scary bro. Fent can stay the fuck away from Australia!
Found the post

I just can't imagine that anyone would intentionally add fent to coke or meth. Fent has a particularly "nodding" effect-- more so than other opioids.
If I got coke or meth expecting to get revved up and got sleepy instead, I'd be really pissed off!
It makes no sense whatsoever.
Killing your clientele makes no sense either.

He most won't be killed as it's the Mexican Cartels who use the same laboratory equipment in their manufacturing and processing of Cocaine and Fentanyl which results in some Cocaine being contaminated with it, so it's likely the person who sold it in NZ didn't know about it
lol It was not the cartels. THIS WAS A drug which was sold as a meth but contained zero fucking meth and only fent and a filler.

Any time I hear "fent sold as meth/coke" my disbelief is at 99.99%. The article says this fent was sold as both coke and meth. Those drugs look nothing alike, make up your mind. And the second anyone snorted them, they would 100% notice it was not meth or coke, which both have a very unique taste and experience. It doesn't make sense. A rare mixup or cross contamination I would believe. Intentionally doing this only makes sense to ignorant fools who have never done the drugs involved. Cutting coke or meth with opioids would make them seem weaker, not more powerful, and you'd make more profit just cutting it with the cheapest inert powder in your town.

Until I see actual lab tests from a *wide variety* of batches showing *signficant* levels of fent analogues in coke and meth, I'll stay suspicious of reports written by "journalists" who literally couldn't tell tar heroin from meth.

Powdered Meth and Cocaine do look similar so them reporting it's been in drugs sold as Cocaine or Meth isn't a sign it's false and considering the fact that people in the US snort enough Cocaine contaminated Fentanyl to overdose fairly quickly in the US before realising it's not unlikely that the same thing has happened here.

Cocaine isn't being deliberately contaminated with Fentanyl but since the Mexican Cartels use the same laboratory equipment process both Cocaine and Fentanyl it leads to contamination.

lol It was not the cartels. THIS WAS A drug which was sold as a meth but contained zero fucking meth and only fent and a filler.

And that drug (probably cocaine) contaminated with Fentanyl came from and was trafficked into New Zealand from the Mexican Cartels, with it changing hands a number of times once in New Zealand until it ended up in who ever sold it to the people who overdosed.

"Cocaine in the post allegations in cartel-linked drugs to NZ, cash to Mexico case"

Hi all I see this is a fairly old thread but seems like what I was looking for an answer for. Does anyone know what’s in Meth in NZ at the moment or an update on this because either I‘ve done too much or they’re putting something non upper in it. When I do it lately I feel more like a can‘t move Zombie than up an up and go energy buzz. I seriously don’t know if it’s me or the drugs. I’ve been on a fairly big bender so it could be burn out. Definitely feel high on something the usual loss of appetite and a bit talkative but that’s about it.
Also and related I was wondering if you can test for Fent in Meth or test Meth generally as I just wanna know what’s in the shit.. been looking on line but haven’t found much in the way of home testing kits? As I write this I’ve not long finished off the last of what I had and it was a decent amount for me after a sleep so not like I just need sleep and I’m in bed shattered. Anyway any advice much appreciated.