• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl duration

TheFrogEffect

Bluelighter
Hey there everyone. I've used the BL search and Google but I am not coming up with an answer. I don't know if I'm just super fucked up and not wording it properly or what.

Basically I broke the very most basic harm reduction rule of using illicit drugs. Got some meth earlier and I thought I had some test strips left, but turns out I didn't. So instead of just being patient and getting strips, I decided to do a quick hot rail and call it good until I could get some to test the rest of the bag with. Stupid move because it 100% had a fentanyl hot spot in it. As soon as I exhaled it hit me like a fucking truck and I almost fell off of the end of the bed where I was sitting. I'm super lucky to be here posting this right now.

I'm just wondering how long fentanyl lasts approximately when smoked with 0 tolerance. My girlfriend doesn't want me going to bed until the shit starts to wear off but it feels like it's been for fucking ever. (It's been about an hour now and while it has lifted a very tiny bit, I'm still feeling it pretty heavy. I'm just not about to fall off the bed now.) I've done fetty before a handful of times (I really don't enjoy it compared to heroin) but every time it basically just knocked me the fuck out and I didn't really bother tracking how long it put me out for.

Thanks in advance! And I know, I know. I will absolutely 100% not use anything I get on the streets without testing it ever again. I've never gotten a hot spot before so I have been really unsafe because I had that "it can't happen to me" mentality. I only recently even started using test strips in the last few months and I've been using for the last two years. I'm really lucky because with how fucked up this shit got me, I'm pretty sure I just BARELY avoided overdosing.

Psychonautwiki and tripsit both list duration for nasal (doesn't have smoked) as 1-4 hours, so I'd imagine smoking would be slightly less.

Glad to hear you're alright mate. Try and keep some narcan handy and try not to use alone.

Psychonautwiki and tripsit both list duration for nasal (doesn't have smoked) as 1-4 hours, so I'd imagine smoking would be slightly less.

Glad to hear you're alright mate. Try and keep some narcan handy and try not to use alone.
Cool, thank you! I didn't think to check psychonautwiki (I literally learned about that site a day ago lol). Never heard of tripsit before.

I basically broke all the rules for using safely except that this time I was with my girlfriend so I wasn't alone. I siurced from a shady as fuck source, not my usual reliable guy. Didn't have test strips. Left my narcan at home in my safe instead of having it on hand. I might as well have been playing real life frogger with rush hour traffic.

But yeah, my girlfriend was about to run me to the hospital but I knew I was okay because I was staying conscious and it wasn't getting any worse as the next few minutes passed. I just couldn't stand up for the first little bit there.

I put myself at great risk due to my hubris today and that's a big fucking lesson learned, I'll say. No more using without testing my shit. Putting narcan in my backpack because I never leave home without it. And always going to make sure I'm with someone or that I'm calling Never Use Alonen hotline when I use.

Last edited:
Cool, thank you! I didn't think to check psychonautwiki (I literally learned about that site a day ago lol). Never heard of tripsit before.

I basically broke all the rules for using safely except that this time I was with my girlfriend so I wasn't alone. I siurced from a shady as fuck source, not my usual reliable guy. Didn't have test strips. Left my narcan at home in my safe instead of having it on hand. I might as well have been playing real life frogger with rush hour traffic.

But yeah, my girlfriend was about to run me to the hospital but I knew I was okay because I was staying conscious and it wasn't getting any worse as the next few minutes passed. I just couldn't stand up for the first little bit there.

I put myself at great risk due to my hubris today and that's a big fucking lesson learned, I'll say. No more using without testing my shit. Putting narcan in my backpack because I never leave home without it. And always going to make sure I'm with someone or that I'm calling Never Use Alonen hotline when I use.
Good to know you're okay.
I've had it in my stuff also.
3 different times in 3 different drugs.
That shit is no fukking joke.