• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl and Dilaudid (hydromorphone) Need Advice PLEASE!

pain8.5

Greenlighter
I have been diagnosed as bi-polar type 2 with major depressive disorder, fibromyalgia, herniated disc between c5 and c6, abdominal adhesions from gall bladder surgery, removal of ovary, then a complete hysterectomy, then abdominal radiation treatment, also diagnosed with barrett's syndrome, I am also having pain in my lower back, it is either spinal arthritis or sciatica
I am currently taking
gabapentin 300mg 3 times per day
Zofran 4mg ODT as needed
reglan 5mg twice daily
Cymbalta 60mg 1per day
baclofen 10 mg twice per day
lamictal25mg per day
trazodone 50 mg per day
nexium
and about 8 OTC 25mg diphenhydramine at night to try to sleep
I am supposed to be taking librax 4 times per day but the doc forgot to hit the send button on his computer during my last appointment!
OK now I am on social security disability and have medical insurance again! Before when I was working I was taking all of the above plus I was in pain management. My pain doc gave me 50mcg fentanyl patch, 4mg dilaudid every 4 hours and the fentanyl pops. Where I live we have a 'charity' hospital and outpatient program, because I qualified for free care, I have been on the pain management list for 2 years! Anyway, now that I have ins again I have an appointment with pain doc. I expect him to resume my previous therapy. So my question is.....
How do I get the most out of the fentanyl and Dilaudid?
My pain level is an average of 8.5 with spikes to 10, I have become a recluse because I am so much pain I can't leave my house. I can't enjoy my grandbabies:X, I can't shoot pool (I am a member of APA, and a member of an active team in the league, but I only go play in dire emergencies!):(, I have no life! I basically live in my bed five steps from the bathroom! Someone out there please respond! I need help!

Fentanyl is a dangerous drug & there are several ways to get the most out of it but I will let the experts chime in.......

As for dilaudid, have you tried crushing them to a fine powder & snorting them?

I know I can safely tolerate the meds as prescribed. When take as prescribed my pain level is an average of 4 with spikes to 6.5. Can you suggest a safe trial dosage to ingest this way?

Also I recently had an endoscopy. The used 1mg fentanyl and valium (don't know how much) to knock me out for the procedure. I woke up during the procedure, fighting the doc, tech, and nurse, I was trying to pull the endoscope out. Just saying I seem to have a high tolerance to these type of meds.

Well, some people will stick a fentanyl patch on & place a warm heating pad on top of the patch to allow the medication to enter your body faster (mind you this can lead to an overdose, there have been several.people on this site that have died trying to get higher, faster on fentanyl).......

I wouldn't mess around with fentsnyl, just tale it as prescribed & of isn't working, ask your doctor to bump you up to a higher dose.

we used to put the patches on our tung/in our mouth and suck on em. they'd kick in within like a half hour and be VERY, VERY strong. i dont recommend anyone trying this unless you have a very strong tolerance to opiates. and if you are going to try, dont do a whole patch at once. since they kick in relatively very quickly, just cut the patch in quarters, thirds, whatever and try only a little at a time. i'd cut the 100mg patches in 4's, so 25mg each, and those would do me good. i tried doing a full 50 once and once a half hour passed and it was time to kick in, it kicked in SOOO strong that i almost immediately passed out for like 2 hours..