• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fent detox, could use some advice

Loocifer

Greenlighter
So, I was shooting about a quarter to a half gram of fent a day for a year or so. On Friday I switched from powerful fent to really crappy, plain old H and stayed barely well on that for 3 days, found a a small bag of fent (.2) and did that over the course of a day for some relief and a good night's sleep. Now I have 120mgs of methadone I plan to spread over 3 days and after that I have 15mgs of oxycodone to stave off the remaining withdrawls. After that I hope booze and weed will suffice (I'm trying to kick fent/opiates only). This might be a really stupid plan, idk. I also have 10mgs of bupe but that stuffs never really worked for me. My question is, did I fuck up big time doing the fent after 3 days and does tappering off methadone over a few days while I'm detoxing off the fent sound plausible? I'm so desperate to be off this shit. I'm done waking up sick. Done paying the dope mans bills. Any advice would be super welcome. Thanks for reading all this.

Loo-

Wow it’s crazy how similar my situation is to yours. Literally the same doing 0.25-0.5 of fen a day started 9 months ago after doing H for 7 years. Weird how it popped up in LA randomly. It’s worse and it makes you worse. Can’t believe H is considered like Vicodin now because of fent. Fent is turning shady heroin addicts into absolute demons, even myself. It’s a horrible drug I’m trying to quit too and I’m in the same boat I switched to H for a few days and today I got 0.3 rock I did it all like a moron got a bunch of nod and sleep now I regret it.

fuck at least I’m not doing 0.3 everyday just today. This is hard as hell good luck I don’t know what to say, I got bupe as well but it’s never worked for me I feel helpless

Good luck! You can get through it. Taper fast with the methadone may help. Just make sure if you end up taking that bupe it’s well over 2 days from the fent and maybe even longer from the Methadone.. Subutex threw me into the worst PWD after waiting 24hrs.

With your tolerance, it's going to be about tapering down. That's really the only way. Do you remember if bupe worked for you when once upon a time your tolerance was lower? You could set out a strategy to lower your tolerance and then work with distributing the bupe from there. Regardless of your situation I'm glad that you want to become clean and that you don't have to go through this cold turkey. I thought fentynal was not the most recreational opiate--everyone's described it as a cold and short high. But maybe that's because Bluelighters don't want people to try it with the overdose risk factor being so high. Anyway...

Just out of curiosity--does methadone work for you better than bupe? Are you heavily against methadone programs? I understand why someone would be but sometimes tapering down is immensely difficult because you feel god awful and just cave in to taking your old habits again. Good luck sorry if I am not of much help :) A methadone program sounds like the most viable option to stay off the fentynal but many complain about the programs making it impossible to actually get off the methadone itself. Post later to let us know how it's going. And remember--you only have to kick ONE more time in theory. No matter how bad it gets, just keep remembering with a successful recovery you only have to go through it one more time.

You can do it, but it is not fun at all. I de-toxed off of Morphine, Oxy and Hydrocodone, Dilaudid, and the fent WDs were several orders of magnitude worse. I have never been that sick in my life, and lord knows I have tried. And, the PAWS were just relentless, with insane depression, anxiety, felt like I was literally going to die. Good luck, and getting off of that shit is the best thing you can do. Having said that, Kratom, Red Vein, helped quite a bit after I figured I would give it a try. I had to take about 5 or 6 grams a day, and it did make me more comfortable, for sure. So I would get my hands on some good Kratom and start tossing and washing. It really can help. Don't let people tell you otherwise. Let's put it this way...the first two times getting off the fent I did not have it. The third time I did, and was shocked to find that it absolutely helped me through it without being a useless lump of shit, lying in the fetal position. As you progress, you can change up your K dosing and slowly reduce over the course a 6 to 8 weeks, or it may take longer or short depending on your situation. You can do it, but you will have to suffer some. It just comes with that territory.

You can do it, but it is not fun at all. I de-toxed off of Morphine, Oxy and Hydrocodone, Dilaudid, and the fent WDs were several orders of magnitude worse. I have never been that sick in my life, and lord knows I have tried. And, the PAWS were just relentless, with insane depression, anxiety, felt like I was literally going to die. Good luck, and getting off of that shit is the best thing you can do. Having said that, Kratom, Red Vein, helped quite a bit after I figured I would give it a try. I had to take about 5 or 6 grams a day, and it did make me more comfortable, for sure. So I would get my hands on some good Kratom and start tossing and washing. It really can help. Don't let people tell you otherwise. Let's put it this way...the first two times getting off the fent I did not have it. The third time I did, and was shocked to find that it absolutely helped me through it without being a useless lump of shit, lying in the fetal position. As you progress, you can change up your K dosing and slowly reduce over the course a 6 to 8 weeks, or it may take longer or short depending on your situation. You can do it, but you will have to suffer some. It just comes with that territory.

What strains would you find to be the best for true opiate withdrawal by the way? I'm about to be in a similar situation and I absolutely will not face it without kratom as a wd tool. Are some better for withdrawals than others? Thank you! Does red kratom have an apparent difference in effects and power than the standard green kratom?

Use: 60-90 milligrams of standard IR opioids. How did you feel kratom helped you with the mental component and PAWs in comparison to the physical?

The Red Veined variety, by miles. As long as it is quality Kratom, it can be insanely helpful. In fact, if you are a lucky responder, you may be surprised at how effective it can be when used properly. Just be mindful that sometimes people who claim it doesn't work have not stuck with it, or were not taking enough, and you have to take a lot, almost an amount that seems like too much. Choking down 3 or 4 grams at a time seems unnatural, but you do need rather large doses initially. This will change over time, and you can begin to reduce daily intake. Once I was done with the initial WDs, after a few days or a week, I was able to slowly reduce. I also mixes the K with OJ to mask the taste a bit. Also, be mindful that Kratom can constipate the shit out of you, so drink lots of H2o and take a laxative with each dose if necessary. It can get you to the point where you are shitting concrete blocks, and you do not want to get impacted. Hope that helps.

The Red Veined variety, by miles. As long as it is quality Kratom, it can be insanely helpful. In fact, if you are a lucky responder, you may be surprised at how effective it can be when used properly. Just be mindful that sometimes people who claim it doesn't work have not stuck with it, or were not taking enough, and you have to take a lot, almost an amount that seems like too much. Choking down 3 or 4 grams at a time seems unnatural, but you do need rather large doses initially. This will change over time, and you can begin to reduce daily intake. Once I was done with the initial WDs, after a few days or a week, I was able to slowly reduce. I also mixes the K with OJ to mask the taste a bit. Also, be mindful that Kratom can constipate the shit out of you, so drink lots of H2o and take a laxative with each dose if necessary. It can get you to the point where you are shitting concrete blocks, and you do not want to get impacted. Hope that helps.

I will definitely look into the red kind! Sorry, I forgot to mention that prior to the last relapse I was on kratom only for an entire year (green kind). It truly helped the PAWs from the initial withdrawal about two summers ago that were just going monthssss on end. All the physical symptoms were over the first time I withdrew without kratom, but my god the depression and anxiety just goes onnnnn and on. As soon as I first started doing kratom regularly the anxiety and depression IMMEDIATELY were relieved. I have tried the liquid shot and the gold pill variety of kratom but nothing is as pleasant and effective for me as the powder. Some people claim kratom use causes depression and to each their own--I actually find it to be a wonderful anti-depressant and pain-reliever.

I recently caved in and somehow before my eyes became a daily user once again of non-kratom. I just have to accept my actions and the consequences but I'd love to be on only kratom again soon :) True opiates are really the devil sometimes. Hence my username.

Last edited:
I also found Kratom to be great as far as relieving depression, especially the exacerbated type caused by opiate WDs. Fent is BRUTAL when it comes to depression, anxiety, and hopelessness, but it will go away. Just takes a while. I eventually tapered off the Kratom and did not feel like I had WDs from using it daily for a couple of months. Just reduced like you would a benzo or anything else, provided you have the will power. Good luck, and hope you get to feeling better soon!