• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Femoral vein iv

Psybernetic

Greenlighter
Hi would appreciate any knowledge, recently started going in the groin and am by no means missing, as in i register/Draw blood back, but the effect is lack luster for me compared to going on shallower veins in arms legs hands feet... I did a test with the same batch, barley getting half the hit with femoral than in the arm. Why the hell would this be so?

The femoral is an artery and not a vein.

Not sure about the difference except maybe one draws blood into the heart and the other pumps it out but either way the practice does seem really risky.

I take it you are out of options and that's why you are shooting there?

You actually have both, a femoral artery and a femoral vein, the femoral vein runs alongside the femoral artery. The femoral artery carries oxygenated blood away from the heart and the vein is the one that carries the deoxygenated blood back to the heart.

Back to the OP, is going in the groin really your last option? Can you not change your ROA for a while until your veins in your arms/hands have a chance to heal.

The femoral is an artery and not a vein.

Not sure about the difference except maybe one draws blood into the heart and the other pumps it out but either way the practice does seem really risky.

I take it you are out of options and that's why you are shooting there?

There is a femoral vein, but it's intertwined with the femoral artery as well as a major nerve.

Obviously, hitting the artery or the nerve is bad news. It's sheer luck as to whether you successfully hit the vein or not, this is why femoral shooters go in the same spot everytime, eventually leading to an open wound susceptible to infection. I don't know ANY femoral users that haven't eventually suffered from deep vein thrombosis, or amputation.

It's really not worth the risk.

You actually have both, a femoral artery and a femoral vein, the femoral vein runs alongside the femoral artery. The femoral artery carries oxygenated blood away from the heart and the vein is the one that carries the deoxygenated blood back to the heart.

Back to the OP, is going in the groin really your last option? Can you not change your ROA for a while until your veins in your arms/hands have a chance to heal.
This exactly however I'm sure I'm hitting the vein not the artery... I'm just gona keep butchering my arms

There is a femoral vein, but it's intertwined with the femoral artery as well as a major nerve.

Obviously, hitting the artery or the nerve is bad news. It's sheer luck as to whether you successfully hit the vein or not, this is why femoral shooters go in the same spot everytime, eventually leading to an open wound susceptible to infection. I don't know ANY femoral users that haven't eventually suffered from deep vein thrombosis, or amputation.

Artery blood is bright pink and hurts like a mofo when u push 2 droplets in vein blood is a darker red u can telll

Everyone I heard hit the vein there didnt get weaker hit you just never wana artery hit doesn't even give a buzz and it hurts in all ya extremeties when it goes aroumd the body in un oxygenated blood. The vein system.. That goes back up through the heart and to the head is an iv

Artery blood is bright pink and hurts like a mofo when u push 2 droplets in vein blood is a darker red u can telll

Yes, that's correct. The point is that you CAN'T tell where the vein or artery is until you hit one or the other.

The general rule of thumb is to locate the pulse at the top of the thigh, then measure two fingers width away from the groin and hope for the best.

This is a high risk area for infection due to the amount of bacteria hanging around that part of the body. Hard to keep the area sterile for injection. It also takes the femoral vein longer to collapse, but if it does your leg circulation is screwed. Furthermore, deep vein thrombosis is a higher probability in the femoral vein.

As for why the hit is weaker, I can only theorize. The femoral vein is large and drains into increasingly larger veins and also has to travel upward to the heart, so maybe the concentration of the hit gets diluted. The total drug is still eventually delivered but it's not all at once because of the larger-volume areas it has to travel through. Whereas if you use a more narrow arm vein, a higher concentration is maintained for when it arrives downstream all at once.

Last edited:

Voila - I only knew 3 people who went for the femoral. Note tense. One would have died 7 years earlier if my wife ( medical professional) had not driven the person to hospital, jumped all the queues by simply stating 'patient will be dead within 60 minutes - this IS the golden hour'.

But in UK hospitals, we have HR agency workers and I know the consultant simply ASKED how much methadone the person felt they needed.

That person died last month. We were excluded from church service... not because we ever fed the addiction but I suppose because although we never said it, we were all counting the days.

QUIT trying to get high - just stay well. You are in a very dangerous place. Smoking H works fine. I know it doesn't have the rush, but your gear goes just as far, really.

100% amen.

Heroine is awful.. Itl ruin your drug life, your entire life... Im Coming off onto methadone
Yes, mate do it. I am allways very hesitant about advising people to go on methadone, as I know far too well the soul-seeling danger of doing so, but there are cases where methadone is mandatory.
To be poking your groin, neck, dick... is one of those cases.
Methadone is a bitch that puts a veil on your life and makes it darker, sometimes it feels like being half dead, then you think it twice and realize that you also feel like you are half alive, so much better than actually being totally dead, six feet under in a box.