• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Femeral Vein Injection Guide

PopeJohnBall

Greenlighter
Firstly I do not want to encourage anyone to do this as it would be dishonest to imply injecting here is without risk; there are big risks but if done correctly and carefully you will be fine, hence this thread.

There is another older and very popular thread covering this which I encourage all to read but for myself, the instructions given would never work.
Everyones body is different and as such veins differ in size and location but through many years of IV heroin use I have met several others who inject in the groin and all do so the same as myself.

So first things first, you will need at least a 1" (one inch) needle as well as a syringe (obviously) which should ideally be 5ml.
In the UK these are given out free in packs with all the equipment needed, two femeral kits are available, either a 1" needle or with a 1.5-2" needle. I have never known anyone need to use a needle larger than 1 inch but some people may.
Every time you have a hit you must use a new needle, while normal arm IV equipment is useable a few times before becoming too blunt, femeral needles need to be extremely sharp. If you are always careful and always use fresh needles, you should be able to continue hitting there daily indefinitely.
To help further you should rotate from right to left each time (when you first find your vein, the other will be so simmetrical).

The vein lies directly next to an artery, with the vein always on the 'inside' - nearest the genitals.
If you press in hard with two fingers around your groin, roughly level but a little higher than your dick/pussy, you will find a pulse. Trust me, you will eventually find it but it can take a little searching. I found getting your heart pumping first helps, do push-ups etc then have a feel.
Where you feel that pulse, the vein is <1" toward your genitals. The vein is actually very fat (contrary to some rumour) so is quite hard to miss.

I suggest cook your heroin in ~2ML of water so you have lots of spare volume to fill with blood if required to satisfy yourself that you have hit the vein.

Insert the needle at 90 degrees around half an inch from the arterial pulse and push it all the way in.
You may register without pushing in completely but as I said; the vein is very fat so imho you should push in all the way. Once fully inserted push in a little harder so the plastic cap of the needle is pushing against your skin and slowly pull back the plunger. You should see nice dark blood- like red wine. If you see this then go ahead and enjoy, remember to pull out the needle as soon as you finish since the hit kicks in very quickly, it is common for people to dose off with the needle still in. This is obviously very bad for the vein.
The instant you finish emptying the syringe, pull out just as you went in and put some toilet paper/tissue over the blood. Bleeding is minimal compared to other veins.

I did once inject into the artery by accident the first or second time I tried and that is not fun, however it is unlikely to cause you any real harm and injecting is painful and you will know quickly since injecting in the vein is almost completely painless.
To avoid this just pay attention to the colour of the blood you register- "if it's red go ahead, if it's pink stop and think".
Femeral artery blood is very bright red, the vein should be like red wine.
If however you make the mistake as I did, you will most probably feel a burning sensation in your leg, get red in the face and feel distinctly weird. Stop immediately and don't panic; you will be fine. Now you know exactly where to find your vein.
Inject again but another bit further towards your genitals and you will be guaranteed to hit the vein. The colour of the blood will be another big give away if the artery hit is still fresh in your mind.

I would also recommend you mark round the needle hole with pen so you can easily hit it again next time. After several hits the location is obvious and natural.

As I said, I don't want to encourage anyone but if you are in the same situation I was; IV use for 6 years daily in your arms, feet, hands and legs and you just can't find any more veins then the above will help you immeasurably.
I remember stabbing my whole body solidly for hours and ending in tears still unable to find a vein and get the much needed fix. It is a horrible feeling and no one need go through that, there is alternatives.

There is not much information anywhere about how to inject in the groin properly and a lot of false information goes around. It is not as dangerous as some imply, with a careful and consistently safe technique, as well as fresh needles every time, you will be able to get a hit in seconds. No need to keep covering your arms or cry in pain every morning searching for a vein.
I personally know a few people who inject femerally every time and have done so for 20 years.

I hope no one here ever has to do what is described above but if you do, you deserve true information that works.

Feel free to send me a PM for any other information, if I can help I will.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone!

-Pope

Hey I didn't read through all that but all I want to say if is you want to learn femoral injecting over the internet (which is not recommended) best is to get a guide with pictures. It's a dangerous technique of course and kind of a hopeless thing to do , if your habit is so big our your technique so awfull that you have to resort to your femoral veins chances are youll run out of those too.

I use both femorals for about 2-3 years now and they are still fine.

Hey I didn't read through all that but all I want to say if is you want to learn femoral injecting over the internet (which is not recommended) best is to get a guide with pictures. It's a dangerous technique of course and kind of a hopeless thing to do , if your habit is so big our your technique so awfull that you have to resort to your femoral veins chances are youll run out of those too.

I use both femorals for about 2-3 years now and they are still fine.

I learned, without pictures, reading basic text and medical procedure and am SO glad I didn't learn from the streets because this one kid thought I didn't know how to do it and... my god, his methods were so dangerous.

I recommend learning it online or medical school -- never from "your friend"...ever......ever.