• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Felt really weird after smoking one bowl of weed when on meth.

Krokodyl

Greenlighter
Hey a few days ago I was snorting some meth, not that much tho, but I never do much, although I wasn't really feeling it possibly due to lack of sleep and being tired (even tho I wasn't really feeling tired but it wasn't my first day with not much sleep during that time). That was before I decided to try seperating cut from actual dope. Who knows what it was cut with. Anyway so I decided to smoke some weed (I used to smoke a lot but since I do meth it's like one bowl every other day). I smoked a bong and it hit my lounges like I never smoked weed before lol. Was caughing for a bit, I already knew I'm gonna get fucked up from it because usually when it hits my lounges like that it fucks me up. Instantly I felt much higher tho, which was a good feeling. Problem is after about 10 minutes I started to have very blurry vision. Kinda like I just did acid or some shit. It was really weird. This combined with a brain fog made me decide to lay down also my heart was beating like crazy. Then next thing happend... Fuckin constant brain zaps, like every 5-10 seconds I had this huge zap in my head. I remember it lasted at least 10-20 minutes, I was afraid I just fucked up my brain badly, and I don't even know wtf happend afterwards I think I just passed out on sofa. I woke up 12 hours later and felt fine. But shit scared me to the point I haven't smoked weed since then lol.

TL:dr-smoked weed on meth binge caused blurry, kinda like on acid vision, brain fog, brain zaps leading to passing out.

Question. Could that be serotonin related? Perhaps serotonin syndrome or some shit? I try to eat healthy and also pop a lot of vitamins everyday (B12, magnessium, omega3, vitamin C, calcium+d3, concentrated cranberry juice (got kidney problems sometimes), B6, BUT most important i also take htp5 (serotonin precursor) and Mucuna pruriens (Ldopa))
If so, should I avoid 5htp and smoking weed for now? Meth by itself doesn't fuck me up like that so I'm sure it's not what directly caused it. Thanks for reading.

Hey a few days ago I was snorting some meth, not that much tho, but I never do much, although I wasn't really feeling it possibly due to lack of sleep and being tired (even tho I wasn't really feeling tired but it wasn't my first day with not much sleep during that time). That was before I decided to try seperating cut from actual dope. Who knows what it was cut with. Anyway so I decided to smoke some weed (I used to smoke a lot but since I do meth it's like one bowl every other day). I smoked a bong and it hit my lounges like I never smoked weed before lol. Was caughing for a bit, I already knew I'm gonna get fucked up from it because usually when it hits my lounges like that it fucks me up. Instantly I felt much higher tho, which was a good feeling. Problem is after about 10 minutes I started to have very blurry vision. Kinda like I just did acid or some shit. It was really weird. This combined with a brain fog made me decide to lay down also my heart was beating like crazy. Then next thing happend... Fuckin constant brain zaps, like every 5-10 seconds I had this huge zap in my head. I remember it lasted at least 10-20 minutes, I was afraid I just fucked up my brain badly, and I don't even know wtf happend afterwards I think I just passed out on sofa. I woke up 12 hours later and felt fine. But shit scared me to the point I haven't smoked weed since then lol.

TL:dr-smoked weed on meth binge caused blurry, kinda like on acid vision, brain fog, brain zaps leading to passing out.

Question. Could that be serotonin related? Perhaps serotonin syndrome or some shit? I try to eat healthy and also pop a lot of vitamins everyday (B12, magnessium, omega3, vitamin C, calcium+d3, concentrated cranberry juice (got kidney problems sometimes), B6, BUT most important i also take htp5 (serotonin precursor) and Mucuna pruriens (Ldopa))
If so, should I avoid 5htp and smoking weed for now? Meth by itself doesn't fuck me up like that so I'm sure it's not what directly caused it. Thanks for reading.
I've had "brain zaps" that felt pretty intense after taking DXM (40-60mg) and/or orphenadrine (70-100mg) during the pre-comedown stage of a meth run.

Both of these drugs behave as relatively potent SNRIs in addition to causing dissociative effects thru NMDA antagonism. So, I'm inclined to wonder if serotonergic drugs/supps might be responsible, like your 5-HTP & L-DOPA for starters.

Of course, this "evidence" is hardly rigorous, so I wouldn't try to pin down any final conclusions yet. There are a lot of reasons why you might start feeling very weird & physically uncomfortable while high on meth, esp. if you've been pushing it for days... and adding a potent quasi-hallucinogen like cannabis just multiplies them.

I was suspecting 5htp but I have no idea if brain zaps would be related to serotonin? I read it might, but suppously there's not enough study on brain zaps to confirm anything. But before I started taking 5htp I also used to smoke some bud on meth and something like this never happend. Although back then I was smoking weed more often so I did have much greater tolerance than now.
One more thought I had. Could this weed i have be possibly laced in some acid or any other drug that could cause this? It actually looks pretty weird to me, like kinda too light color of trichomes IMO, but one day my friend smoked it at my place and he was fine.

I was suspecting 5htp but I have no idea if brain zaps would be related to serotonin? I read it might, but suppously there's not enough study on brain zaps to confirm anything. But before I started taking 5htp I also used to smoke some bud on meth and something like this never happend. Although back then I was smoking weed more often so I did have much greater tolerance than now.
One more thought I had. Could this weed i have be possibly laced in some acid or any other drug that could cause this? It actually looks pretty weird to me, like kinda too light color of trichomes IMO, but one day my friend smoked it at my place and he was fine.
Not acid, it burns up ineffectually when smoked. And in general, lacing cheap weed with expensive LSD (or PCP, etc.) doesn't make good business sense, unless it's advertised & priced as such.

Yes brain zaps are related to serotonin. It is rsther doubtful your weed has any other substance in it, but I guess it's theoretically possible. Sounds like you just got too high, this can happen when combining other drugs with powerful stimulants. I wouldn't trip too hard about it unless it happens all the time.