• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Fear the Walking Dead [*SPOILERS*]

SKL

Bluelight Crew
Starting a new thread as requested by a few from the regular Waking Dead thread who wanted to avoid spoilers.

Tonight's episode I thought was a good but is seems like it's starting to repeat a more or less exact storyline from the original show (the protagonists being sheltered by a group who for religious and/or sentimental reasons keep their loved ones who have become walkers locked up but can't bring themselves to take them out with the head shot.) I hope this doesn't bode poorly for the tendency so far of the spinoff show to have some very different themes and tones from the original which is something that I've enjoyed a great deal especially going into the 2nd season although I had questions about the 1st. I'm enjoying this series more and more and thought tonight damn solid along with the last.

I just kind of fear that once our protagonists become land-locked in a compound it is going to start being more of a clone to the original series with different protagonists in a different setting. Very solid episode though. I like the growing family tensions centered around Nick and his seriously fucked up actions of late (is he going full on psycho killer due to trauma or whatever?) but yet the budding connection between him and Ofelia. Pretty sure it's more than obvious that Celia is going to wind up having a serious hidden agenda that will cause problems later on (a female guv'nor?)

Performance wise I think Travis is getting to be a deeper and more likable character. Still love Madison, Kim Gordon is giving one of the best performances in the series IMO, probably more or less a tie of 2 with Colman Domingo (Strand) Rubén Blades (Salazar) very close.

Last edited: