• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favourite movie of 2010?

Fair Game

Maybe black swan if it gets a wide release this year
And Scott pilgrim vs the world.

Inception and shutter island were ok.

^ black swan isn't screening here until late January '11 :(

Anyway for me the top film of 2010 would be out of the following:

- The Road (only screened here in January)
- Inception
- Scott Pilgrim vs the World
- Animal Kingdom

Honourable mentions to:

- Shutter Island
- The Runaways
- Red Hill (a bit silly but bonus points for the setting)

Everything else I've seen has either been an older film or woefully bad (*cough* Clash of the Shite-ans *cough*)

Inception and Shutter Island.
Both had the perfect amount of mind bending weirdness to them. Thats the kinda stuff I look for in movies.

Inception, though I'm still about to see many movies from this year, so I might change my mind.

(I rate it better than Shutter Island or The Ghost Writer)

blackswan_poster-535x793.jpg

^ no shit, i guessed the whole movie just from the trailer and was relieved when all my friends told me i was right and the movie was crap. i also thought inception was terrible, all the dream levels were rip offs from goldeneye 007 for N64. i think this was just a shitty year for film.

i hope Black Swan is my favourite movie of 2010, otherwise, I guess I'll have to go with Harry Potter or The Runaways :\

I did think Inception was good, just not as amazing as the masses declared it was right off the presses

Inception was probably my favorite. Still waiting to see Black Swan, and True Grit.

I never saw Ghost Writer, I did want to.

NSFW:
omg leonardo dicaprio is actually A MENTAL PATIENT not a COP! Nothing is as it seems! I'm hallucinating!

^ i really don't like those movies at all, and saw Inception hoping it would not be as cheesy, and still found it to be lame.

But I guess after seeing Black Swan that's my favourite movie of 2010, & Harry Potter.

It doesn't matter if you figured out Shutter Island, that's not the point - it's a homage to a certain breed of b-movies, like Shock Corridor or The Ninth Configuration. It's a cheesy, entertaining b-movie with an overgrown budget.

Also that's not the only twist....

NSFW:
DiCaprio figured out what had happened with his wife & kids & chose to play along so he could receive a lobotomy & forget it all.

NSFW:
omg leonardo dicaprio is actually A MENTAL PATIENT not a COP! Nothing is as it seems! I'm hallucinating!

is that right? hmm, lemme know which scene, or sequence of events, it is that you think conclusively defines that analysis.

btw, Ghost Writer sucked

is that right? hmm, lemme know which scene, or sequence of events, it is that you think conclusively defines that analysis.

It's the entire point of the lighthouse scene & the scene after the storm?