• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favourite movie of 2010?

silentangst

Bluelighter
I know it's a month too early, but I can't see the harm in starting this thread now.

My personal favourites,

• Inception
  • Shutter Island
  • Toy Story 3
  • The Social Network
  • Kick-Ass

There's a few more that probably could have made the list, but overall I don't think it was a great year in film.

Your thoughts?

since i couldn't think of any, i scanned the top100 movies for 2010 on imdb. i haven't seen true grit, wall street 2, the ghost writer or black swan yet. they are all promising. but of those i have seen, this has been a pretty lame year for film imo.

actually the only one i really loved was four lions. salt was better than i expected too. social network was also very good.

The two most enjoyable films for me this year were Kick Ass and Machete. Neither were exactly high brow but both left me interested to the very end.

runaways
the social network
inception
toy story 3

in that order of how much i liked them and what i remeber seeing

Some favorites:

For kick-ass and violence appreciation:
Machete
The Expendables

For more cerebral appreciation:
Inception
Shutter Island

in no particular order, i enjoyed:

youth in revolt
the white stripes under great northern lights
sex & drugs & rock & roll

alasdair

i know everyone's saying it but its true

shutter island and then probably inception

I gotta say The Social Network really lived up to the hype. Its kind of like a Gen Y Citizen Kane. In that the guy ends up with everything except the one thing he actually wants.

Scott Pilgrim v. The World was a lot of fun. If you liked Kick Ass, you will probably like this movie.

I thought Inception was slightly over-rated. The story aimed a little too high and up being kind of a mess IMO. That having been said I have to respect that it was an impressive technical acomplishment. My issues with the story did not prevent me from enjoying a very nice visual experience. Unlike, say, Avatar.

Shutter Island was very good. I had issues with the ending because ****SPOILERS****
NSFW:
I'm sick to death of twist endings. Especially the ones where you learn that the 90% of the movie never really happen. It was cool when Usual Suspects did it. And it was still cool when Fight Club did it. But now I'm done. This one wasn't as bad as, say, Donnie Darko as most of the movie actually does happen.
But the scenes with the escaped nurse (who we later find out was a halucination) made the script more deliberately misleading than it needed to be IMO. Take out the escaped nurse and it still would have been just as suspenceful without being nearly as dishonest.
Other that minor quibble, I enjoyed the movie a lot.

I know it's a month too early, but I can't see the harm in starting this thread now.

My personal favourites,

• Inception
  • Shutter Island
  • Toy Story 3
  • The Social Network
  • Kick-Ass

There's a few more that probably could have made the list, but overall I don't think it was a great year in film.

Your thoughts?

inception all the way!

- The Social Network
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.
- Alice in Wonderland
- Twilight: Eclipse (yeah I know!)
- Shutter Island
- Remember Me
- Hot Tube Time Machine (never laughed so hard!)
- Get Him to the Greek
- Case 39 (rather entertaining)

So far that's all I've seen.

Serbian Film, hardest a film has ever mindfucked me, and if you can tolerate the content it's a powerful, intelligent and important film.