• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Favourite Bible Verse?

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

The bible is the worst of the the 3 abhramic books. Who ever wrote the shit was pure fucking evil.

Moses and the Burning Bush
1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.
2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.
3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”
4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.”
5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”
6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
7 The LORD said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.
8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.

It was nice of YEHWAH to eventually notice these alleged chosen people and lead them out into a land that people already lived on.

I'm pretty sure any almighty being could have and did do in the old testament a better job at saving/during than this.

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

The bible is the worst of the the 3 abhramic books. Who ever wrote the shit was pure fucking evil.
Okay here is some ancient Greek and ancient Hindu for submission in the pure fucking evil contest:

"Rage - Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achilles,
murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses
hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls,
great fighter's souls, but made their bodies carrion
feats for the dogs and birds
and the will of Zeus was moving towards its end." Homer, The Illiad, Book 1, lines 1-6

"War - I know it well, and the butchery of men
Well I know, shift to the left, shift to the right
My tough tanned shield. That's what the real drill
Defensive fighting means to me. I know it all
How to charge in the rush of plunging horses-
I know how to stand and fight to the finish
Twist and lunge in the War-god's deadly dance." Homer, The Illiad, Book 7, lines 275-281

"No, no put our trust in the will of mighty Zeus,
King of the deathless gods and men who die.
Bird signs!
Fight for your country - that is the best, the only omen!" Homer, The Illiad, Book 7, Book 12, lines 278-281

Mahabharata Shalya Parva 9, Section 50 “He then saw him in the regions of those foremost of men that perform the horse-sacrifice and the sacrifice in which human beings are slaughtered.”

Satapatha Brahmana 6.2.1.18. A man (purusha) he slaughters first, for man is the first of animals; then a horse, for the horse comes after man; then a bull, for the bull (or cow) comes after the horse; then a ram, for the sheep comes after the cow; then a he-goat, for the goat comes after the sheep: thus he slaughters them according to their form, according to their excellence.

Agni Purana 125.46-50 ” ‘Om obeisance to the greatest Bhairava (Maha Bhairava) the fierce jawed, yellow eyed, diabolical looking one who wields a sword and a trident in his hands, Vousat.’ The earth should be made permeated with the above Mantra, which would hold any abeyance the arms of the enemy’s forces. Now I shall speak about the fire rite (Agnikaryya) which should be performed at the commencement of a battle for ensuring victory. In the night of the votary should resort to a cremation ground, and light up a fire with the logs of wood found therein unto which he should perform hundred and eight times the Homa ceremony with poison and human flesh and blood, and broken bones of dead bodies by uttering the name of his enemy.”

Not saying 1 Samuel 15:3 isn't horrific, but it's not really any more horrific than anything else at the time. Maybe it's that Abrahamic religions still have the Old Testament as part of their canon that is troubling. On the other hand, Hindus and Muslims slaughtered about 200,000 to 2 million during the partition of India. Shia (Iran) and Sunni (Saudi Arabia) Muslims are still at it (when not attacking the West). The Nazis persecuted all religions and murdered millions of Jews using some kind of esoteric occultism. It seems like its pretty endless. Maybe someday humanity will figure out how to effectively police ourselves.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more. There will be no mourning, crying, or Brain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

Well... it HAS to be....

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Ezekiel 25:17 is a passage of the bible, but Quentin Tarantino rewrote it for Pulp Fiction. Jules Winnfield tells this verse every person he is about to kill, because he thought it would be a cold-blooded thing to say to his victims.
Jules Winnfield: "...I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker 'fore you popped a cap in his ass..."

The original verse (out of the bible): "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."(Ezekiel 25:17)

Being an atheist, no bible verse is meaningful to me. I was raised Catholic and some do resonate with me as wise and practical, but I find it extremely hard to let them penetrate my thoughts/mind as I believe it all a work of scaremongering and irony.

How is accepting that there are things in life greater than yourself scaremongering and irony?

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Hindu Vedas quotes I love.........

"Do not be led by others, awaken your own mind, amass your own experience, and decide for yourself your own path."

"Life and death, joy and sorrow, gain and loss; These dualities cannot be avoided. Learn to accept what you cannot change."

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2983296.Anton_Szandor_LaVey
Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep
Do unto others as they do unto you"; because if you "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and they, in turn, treat you badly, it goes against human nature to continue to treat them with consideration. You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but if your courtesy is not returned, they should be treated with the wrath they deserve.

soul roasting, Christian missionaries have run across some who were not so quick to swallow their drivel. Pleasure and pain, like beauty, are in the eye of the beholder. So, when missionaries ventured to Alaska and warned the Eskimos of the horrors of Hell and the blazing lake of fire awaiting transgressors, they eagerly asked: "How do we get there

Satan has certainly been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years