• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Favorite Quotes

tinMan13

Bluelighter
What are your favorite, funniest, or most inspirational quotes you've ever heard.

I'll update it later wit some of mine.

Last edited:
This thread needs some Bill Hicks!

"How about a positive LSD story? Wouldn't that be newsworthy, just once, to base your decisions on information, rather than scare tactics and superstitions and lies? I think it would be newsworthy:

Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death; life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!"

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey – don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because – it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

That one was hella long, so for some variety:

"I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I recommend you look around the world in which we live, and … I don't know, shut your fucking mouth?"

"Nothing is funnier than unhappiness, I grant you that. ... Yes, yes, it's the most comical thing in the world. And we laugh, we laugh, with a will, in the beginning. But it's always the same thing. Yes, it's like the funny story we have heard too often, we still find it funny, but we don't laugh any more."

I saw this on an undrug post...

"I like my coffee black and my Dilaudid IV."

I love it.

lolitsjohn said:
"Nothing is funnier than unhappiness, I grant you that. ... Yes, yes, it's the most comical thing in the world. And we laugh, we laugh, with a will, in the beginning. But it's always the same thing. Yes, it's like the funny story we have heard too often, we still find it funny, but we don't laugh any more."

We're in Drug Culture. Think about it...

KemicalBurn said:
We're in Drug Culture. Think about it...

if you don't think unhappiness is closely related to drug culture!

they're practically synonyms

"Who lives longer: the man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or the man who lives on roast beef, water, and potatoes till ninety-five? One passes his twenty-four months in eternity. All the years of the beef-eater are lived only in time." -Aldous Huxley

lolitsjohn said:
if you don't think unhappiness is closely related to drug culture!

they're practically synonyms

They arent synonymous in my dictionary.

If drugs are making you unhappy, then perhaps its time to find a new lifestyle.

KemicalBurn said:
They arent synonymous in my dictionary.

If drugs are making you unhappy, then perhaps its time to find a new lifestyle.

Go look at the TDS and tell me that the drug lifestyle doesn't cause unhappiness in many cases.

Anyways, sorry you're offended by my quote I was just answering the original thread question!

What are your favorite, funniest, or most inspirational quotes you've ever heard.

Nothing at all suggesting they have to be drug related, maybe i'm in the wrong section but I can think of a lot of less productive posts I could have made than the one I did.

Disregard it, I suppose, you are the mod after all.

^^^
There's a reason TDS is its own forum. It's for the unfortunate few who experience severe negative effects from substance use. The majority of people who use drugs, even the most 'dangerous' ones, do so because they find it enjoyable and do not experience any severe negative effects that cause them to be unhappy. I associate drug culture with a lot of things - subcultures around various substances, hippies, live music / music festivals, etc. - but unhappiness certainly doesn't come to mind.

whirred^^^!!!

anyway one from my best mate back when we were taking far too many drugs

"I only get 48 hours free every week, there's no way I'm wasting them sleeping"

and whilst screw faced on MDMA crystals

"It's not the drugs man, it's what they do to me"

"it takes about 30 minutes if we travel by dragonfly"

a quote stolen from someone more clever than me

"The world is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer mind their parents, everyone wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." -- Anonymous on Clay Tablet circa 2800 B.C.E.

A sound peice of advice i was once given "if you can't do it sober, you can't do it when your heads bent". While talking about trying to put my hand through a wall when on 2CE

Go look at the TDS and tell me that the drug lifestyle doesn't cause unhappiness in many cases
there is not one unique drug lifestyle
there are many

my drug use has only had positive consequences on my life

best used when refering to milf-

many a good tune played on an old piano.