View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Favorite "flips"

solistus

Bluelighter
If you could have any psychedelic or combination of psychedelics to accompany MDMA, which one(s) would you pick and at what dose?

The only combo I've tried thus far besides cannabis is DMT. That combo was quite amazing, but I've yet to try a longer lasting psychedelic with MDMA. I'm curious as to which psychedelics or psychedelic combos work best in your opinions.

I loved combining MDMA with 5-meo-dalt. I smoked 5mg's at around the 3rd hour of rolling and it was lovely...nowhere near the level of DMT but still enjoyable.

I also combined MDMA with 2c-i at the same time once and it produced a nice experience with more CEV"s and open eyed carpet crawlers which was nice.

I've done
MDMA with LSD, with DXM (I was being dumb and regretted it that night.)
MDMA with 2c-b and MDMA with dramamine (wasn't thinking once again, but my friend told me to take it while i was rolling and it was the weirdest thing ever.)
But MDMA with LSD was extremely deep and spiritual, me and my gf layed in a park for about 6 hours in the same spot and talked forever, one of the best rolls of my life.

Definitely LSD. the classic "flip", its the perfect combination imo. although I have heard that MDMA and Mescaline is supposed to be divine, but thats on my list for the summer

lsd
ketamine
2cb
dmt
mushrooms
mda(?)
nitrous

i can probably think of more.
I bet in goes nice with a bunch of typtamines but ive only done it with dmt and mushrooms so far.

before MDMA: LSD, 4-AcO-DMT, MIPT, shrooms
during/after MDMA: 2C-*, K, DMT, nitrous

LSD + MDMA feels almost holy, and doing some K and/or 2C-B/E after the MDMA keeps it solid.

LSD + MDMA
MDMA and Salvia on the comedown (Surprisingly good combo)
MDMA and ketamine on the comedown
MDMA + Nitrous
MDMA and weed on the comedown

I want to try Methylone + MDMA. At first it sounded like a pointless combo but i hear about all the other substances those two are combined with. I think it would be beyond euphoric although I fear the crash may be pretty unpleasant.

My perfect experience was a strong dose of pure MDMA and 3 hits of LSD in a group of close friends with art and music and comfortable couches available. Also a convenient glass table for ketamine, and as many nitrous cartridges as we wanted. Candyflipping, Doing a line of K, and inhaling a balloon on the come up of the line is incredibly mindblowing. I would love to try this with DMT instead of or as well as nitrous though, just to see how far that could take me into another dimension.

But to answer the question, Ketamine, LSD, Shrooms, Nitrous, and DMT have all combined really well for me with MDMA. I imagine the 2cx group would be good as well, but I have not yet had the chance to explore that.

Any 2C mixes nicely; makes it more loved up and psychedelic. Makes the experience a real trip :) <3

I don't experience with it in combo with MDMA but it sure turns on the light with methylone; piracetam. Methylone+Piracetam is wonderful. Next time I take MDMA I'm certainly going to try some piracetam alongside.

Oh I forgot, MDMA+LSD = <3 <3 <3 <3 :) :) :) :)

I have yet to try MDMA+4-AcO-DMT but I predict amazing things. :)

LSD + MDMA
LSD + MDMA+ Shrooms
MDMA + 2c-b + K
LSD + MDMA + K

I can't wait to try smoking some DMT once I am on a acid peak. I myself wont roll anymore unless it is MDA. I feel that molly is just a dirty forced feeling.

ketamine and acid. take ketamine as youre peaking (be safe, and well experienced, this will rip your mind apart and blast every tiny piece into a different universe).

mdma and acid, mdma and mushrooms are close runners up.

One really interesting combination that I discovered is to take a good sized dose of 4-aco-dipt like 35mg then 30 min later take a small dose of methylone like 100mg. This combination produced very vivid, visionary like hallucinations that are almost comparable to DMT. It also had the best body high I have ever experienced. The only downside was that the methylone gave it a shitty crash at then end :(. I'm sure this combination would work just as well if not better with some pure MDMA.

Methylone + 4-AcO-DIPT (reverse dosing order from yours) gave me the most physically scary experience of my life. Thread/report here I was on the edge of calling a friend to take me to the hospital.

4-AcO-DIPT is a very physical psychedelic with some sketchy body effects IME (tremors, lots of other people report the same).

I'd be very wary of combining 4-AcO-DIPT with stimulants. One heck of a recreational psychedelic on it's own though ;)

Last night I blew 5 mg 4-HO-MIPT, a few hours later took an e pill, and around 2 hours into rolling blew a few milligrams of 2ce. Lovely, intriguing experience. MIPT sends waves of euphoric energy through my body, then during the roll I had a fascinating intimacy with my body and mind. Especially after the 2ce, I could imagine my insides, the nuances of every organ. Also CEVs corresponding to things I thought and smelled. At one point when my CEVs were becoming bland I smelled weed and they became vibrant and interesting again.

I've never done any other kind of flip, including the traditional LSD+MDMA. I do, however, highly recommend 4-HO-MIPT plus MDMA, especially if you're going to be dancing, doing yoga, moving around in any fluid, active way. I have a theory that some people experience spasms on MIPT because their energy isn't allowed to flow through their body freely. Dancing does the trick, and there's not many things better to do than dance on MDMA.

Hmm. Thanks for all the feedback so far. Seems that LSD and 'shrooms are indeed quite solid choices for a roll, and are not just the most famous because LSD and shrooms are themselves the most well-known 'classic' psychedelics.

I'll try to avoid turning these into "what should I take?" questions, but two specific hypotheticals for y'all; in your opinions:

A) beyond the differences you notice in LSD and psilocin themselves, does either one seem to synergise significantly better? A lot of people seem to prefer candyflips to hippyflips here - is that just because people tend to like LSD more / find it more euphoric and recreational? To the one or two people that mentioned LSD+shrooms+MDMA, do you find this adds much as opposed to just taking one or the other? I hear combining shrooms and LSD isn't that great, but I've never tried it.

B) given the option to have either for free (or at least for the same cost), would you prefer a smaller dose of LSD (or shrooms), MDMA and a small dose of a 2C, or just LSD/shrooms and MDMA but with a larger dose of the tryptamine? On a related note, I find the suggestion to take 2Cs after MDMA rather than before to be counter-intuitive; wouldn't the long-lasting stimulation of a 2C dose just make the comedown of MDMA all the worse?

Right now, it's sounding like the 'classic' shrooms or acid followed by MDMA as the peak approaches method of flipping is generally considered the best or at least near the top, and there's a lot less agreement (as would be expected, I suppose) regarding which RCs work how well in flips. I'm leaning toward a moderate dose of LSD and MDMA with nitrous, herb and maybe DMT, and holding off till I've tried the classic flips before venturing into RC flips, but I'm still contemplating the addition of a small 2C dose.

A) beyond the differences you notice in LSD and psilocin themselves, does either one seem to synergise significantly better? A lot of people seem to prefer candyflips to hippyflips here - is that just because people tend to like LSD more / find it more euphoric and recreational?

Never had psilocin, but have done it with mushrooms. I've only had one true hippyflip and mushrooms are likely my least favorite psychedelic but that one hippyflip was better than any candyflip I've ever had. 3.5g of mushrooms chewed, ~100-120mg (clean E pill) at T+1, At ~T+2.5-3 I could tell I wasn't really tripping (the mushrooms were weak I think), so I took the other 3.5g of my 1/4 and made it into a tea and downed it. Half an hour later I hit the big-time. :)

Massive waves of euphoria in the spiritual sense. It was all about set though. The setting was iffy; I was at a house party but was around friends; they were all drinking. When that tea hit I just got myself a spot on the couch and completely disconnected from my physical awareness. I was completely in my own mind feeling the most loving feelings. Again; it was all about my internal set. I was thinking about the love of my life and the love that she gives to me. She wasn't with me there (physically) but in the truest sense of the word she was there with me. :) <3

When this trance state was over I opened my eyes and one of my friends was looking at me. He had the biggest smile on his face. While my eyes were closed I know he saw the spiritually elated smile of true happiness on my face. It was the most intimate contact high I'd ever given someone.

It was the only hippyflip I'd ever had but it was one of the best trips I'd ever had. Set was what made it though; the mushrooms just opened it up.

I'm of the opinion that mushrooms are deeper than LSD but are much less predicable and more hit-and-miss. LSD is easier IME and more recreation but if you hit the mushroom breakthrough I think hippyflipping is better.

That said I have no desire to hippyflip again or do mushrooms for that matter. It's complicated.

On a related note, I find the suggestion to take 2Cs after MDMA rather than before to be counter-intuitive; wouldn't the long-lasting stimulation of a 2C dose just make the comedown of MDMA all the worse

Agreed on that one. Take the psychedelic first and time the MDMA so the peaks mesh together. Take a 2C on an MDMA comedown seems wrong to me too for the same reasons.

Sith Lord FLip!!
"A drug cocktail. In fact it is the most insane Drug cocktail ever tried by any person ever up to this point in history! Based on the previous concept of flipping, or taking a combination of psychedelic drugs. Many steps above the jedi flip(LSD,Mushrooms,XTC) and entirely dwarfing candy flipping this is about as much as you can blow your mind up.

The Sith Lord Flip was received its name as a parody on the popularization of naming drug cocktails such as the Jedi Flip.

The Sith Lord Flip consists of a combination of DOB or DOI+Psilocybin Mushrooms(or 4acodmt)+LSD+MDMA(or a similar entacogen)+DMT+Ketamine!!!

Most Commonly the DOB(or DOI or similar DOx compound). LSD is taken later so that its peak occurs at the same time as DOx compund. Then MDMA and shrooms are taken with the same idea. When all four of those compounds are peaking at once ketamine is injected snorted or smoked. Then at peak DMT is smoked!

The result is the most insane overwhelming experience possible!!!! Only a true master of the dark side, a true sith lord can handle such a ridiculous combo!
Not Satisfied with a mere Jediflip the experienced psychonaut tried a sith lord flip. 3 months later he was finally released from the insane asylum and has never been the same. He should have realized only a true sith lord can be a master of the sith lord flip and henceforth a master of the universe.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS. THIS IS SOME SERIOUS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

^ Those drug cocktail recipes that could fill a phone book always strike me as kind of absurd. Is combining four psychedelics, an empathogen, and a dissociative really going get you somewhere that you couldn't approach by choosing ONE psychedelic, and maybe even scratching the empathogen off the list?

i used to do things like that, but after a certain point you just get this weird generic "drugz" feeling... ha

anyway, LSD+MDMA=badass, shrooms almost as good, though given the similar duration of shrooms & mdma, if you're not wanting to still be spun when the e wears off its a good choice. MDMA+2c-i was the only 2c-i trip i've found to be really meaningful. Not that i find it unenjoyable, just kinda shallow. I'd like to try 2c-c or 2c-e with MDMA, but haventhad a chance to yet. 2c-t-2+MDMA+MDA was quite interesting, and much longer lived than i had planned on. Wish I'd had about an extra 5hrs of new years eve to go with that head full o drugs i still had well into new years afternoon.

Yeah, I'm all for crazy combos, but I wouldn't toss MDMA into a silly multi drug stack like that. MDMA is too special on its own or in combination to throw onto a massive dose like that where I'll already be spun out of my skull all day anyway. Plus, MDMA while on high doses of lots of psychedelics, including very long lasting ones like a DOx? No thanks. I know the Sith Lord Flip thing is at least half a joke meme around here (at least I hope so, chron ; ) but in all seriousness, I wouldn't want to overwhelm MDMA in any roll combo - MDMA is the most consistently enjoyable drug high besides maybe weed for me, and it's just about the only drug I would feel unsafe or unhealthy using without long breaks (2+ weeks) in between, so I savor each and every roll. A synergistic combo is one thing, but that kind of silliness would feel like a waste of a roll to me. Plus, DOx's, eww. No interest here - 2Cs already last longer and provide more stimulation than I'd like.