• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fav Australian pub/club?

^^^

Hahaha..... the Beat. I got roped into going there once cos one of the ppl we were with(who mind you was gay) was underage and didn't get into Family.:p

I didn't know it was a gay bar I went in with my girlfriend and her gay friend. I reckon I was in there for about 20 minutes before I even realised. I went to order a drink and some guy leaned over the bar and kissed the male bartender.8o

As I had my girlfriend with me it didn't phase me too much. But I swear to god someone spiked my drink in that joint cos when I started to walk home I got the sweats up massive and started dry heaving for the rest of the night:X , and I'd only had 3 or 4 drinks all night.

Ahh..... the memories:D

The BEAT was always gay friendly but I wouldn't say it was a gay bar per se. Upstairs was definitely what you would class as gay, where as downstairs was gay friendly.

You say Ahh..... the memories, I say Ahhhh.... Where are those memories. :)

So many many nights were spent in that place in all sorts of messy states and it always felt comfortable.

My local pub is the Village Green in Mulgrave, and it's been so long since I went anywhere else I can barely remember what other pubs are like ;)

No wait... I went to the Belgian Beer Garden a couple of weekends ago. It was okay... a bit teeny bopper and expensive, but okay.

My local R.S.L (Toukley) is probably my most frequented. Cheap beer and free snooker...

I love anything on Sydney Road, Brunswick, cos they are all crawling distance to my house, mainly The Spot, Ace Morning Bar or Noise Bar.

I have spent the last 2 nights out at the new bar in Brissie called "Alhambra". Right next door to Family, it used to be called No. 12 it reopened after a major refit just before xmas.
No cover charge and no smoking, it also has to be one of the most beautiful club/bar around. If anyone has visited Granada in Spain you will no doubt know the type of decor I will try to discribe. Middle ages Moor influence with countless comfy couches tucked into little cubicles ( OK that doesn't do it justice).
Really friendly staff, the cute manager sat with me and my brother last month and put up with our cod shit for about an hour. Table service was sharp and they remembered your order each time without fail (it is the 1% that makes the difference)
9/10 in my opinion ( I didn't score free drugs or see any boobies for it to be a 10/10 ;) )
When in Melbourne I choose to smile and nod my head at "Honky tonks". My 1st ever night by myself in this city resulted in free lines of coke and beautifull company all night. Great view and cool grand panio for a DJ booth. 8/10

Why is everyone winking when they mention the Burvale?

I'm with swifty on this one.

I haven't had too many crap nights at Ambar. A good crowd, great beats and it just feels.....clubby.

Pub-wise, I like the Queen's. Mainly because you can sit outside in the sun, right on Beaufort street and that area has quite a nice vibe. Very chilled out and spacious. Oh, and it was 1 block away from my first place I got in Perth, so it became my regular quite quickly.

^^^, only been to the amber once, and hopfully will be testing it out wif ya guys on friday....

Friday night , The Carine.......good vibe plenty people i know go there...

Saturdays, The Paramount......choice of music and brother bouncers there

I love a good Sunday Sesh at the Cott.........always good talent!

.......wouldnt go to any other place on those chosen days...

It's offical... The Burv ROCKS...

Pek, SLM, Lisa, FaTz

Expect a pm shortly, I work across the road from there :D... GIDDY UP IT'S FATZ DRINKY TIME...

The Bank Hotel in Newtown is my favourite drinking establishment in the world (ok, I've not been anywhere overseas, but the place still rocks ;) ). If they have ruined the Bank during the current renovations, I will be a very sad girl. Half price cocktails in the back bar is a great start to any night!

The Clare Hotel in Broadway: I love the retro couches and cheap drinks, but it just gets so damn hot in there.

ARQ in Darlinghurst - if you don't mind listening to cheesy gay trance and checking out hot topless men, this is the place for you. I actually think this club has one of the best sound systems in Sydney.

World Bar in the Cross - if you can get there early enough to avoid the cover charge, the set up in there is pretty decent, with a few different levels so you've got the option of dancing or just chillaxing with a game of pool.

Sounds on Sunday @ the Greenwood in Nth Sydney - Back in the day when I used to go clubbing a bit, it was probably my favourite place to go out. Many a long weekend spent stomping it up in the Chapel.

Sydney-
Best Sunday arvo meal & wine bar = Pier 26 Bar Cockle Bay
" " " = Watson Bay Beer Garden
Best Club *Venue Wise* = Tank
Best Club *All things considered wise* = Club 77 William Street
Best Pub = My local, The Greengate @ Killara

Signat :D

21st Century in Frankston. The people, The music.

Oh wait I thought this for the worst

:p

Went to a backpakers lodge in brissy, had a pub which looked out over the city. Havent found better atmosphere and fun and cheaper drinks anywere, awsome ...

Rubber_Duck said:
Saturdays, The Paramount......choice of music and brother bouncers there

Shit I haven't been there in years, but when I was 18 - 20 I was there religiously every saturday, seems to be to many young dickheads trying to be hard these days *shrugs*

I gotta say the Geisha deserves a mention too, however it's kinda wanky now, if you're a guy you either gotta have a girl in toe or be gay to get in but 3 years ago that place was unreal, pumpin beats, great crowd, heaps of eye candy, never any trouble. I spent countless scattered nights there talking 8 different kinds of shit with many a random =D

^^ Hah, I was going to mention Geisha also, but as you said, it's kinda wanky now. :\ That was my fav club when I first moved to Perth, I'd go there all by myself and have the fattest time ever!

Hmmm...This one's tricky. I like pubs....The London rocks for beers in the garden during summer.

I have to say Room680 cos its probably one of the only places I've been to more than twice...Plus I always get free drinks and cheap entry. I go there with my girlfriends every now and then and its a good place to get messy despite the high cheese factor.

But really I don't go out much at all....

I don't even know anymore but I guess it has to be the Clare just cos it's kinda scungy, unpretentious and I can spill things on myself without anyone really noticing because it's so dimly lit.

Back when i was in Sydney it was The Chinese Laundry (but I have heard it exists no longer) and for the all time greatest chill out, groove bar it was The Greenwood - the most coolest, unpretentious place in the most pretentious city of Australia.

Oh yeah, and ARQ (c'mon, where else can a gay guy get free head AND free crystal in the men's room) :)

EDIT: I would have also put the Bank Hotel (especially with all my funky, bitch dyke friends on TUesday nights) but that essentially would have replicated katmeow's hotspots. It's good to see
non-fags appreciating the sounds (and the men) at ARQ! Yay!

Last edited: