• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Recruitment Farewell Drug_Mentor, and calling new mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

footscrazy

Bluelight Crew
Hi all,

We’re now opening up applications for a new mod/s for Australian Drug Discussion. This is an exciting time as we find someone new to help promote and maintain AusDD as a mod, but also the end of an era as an outstanding and long time member of the mod team, Drug_Mentor, steps down from his post. Drug Mentor has put in four years of work as a mod, as well as many more years of contributing to the forum and promoting Bluelight’s harm reduction mission. D_M is sticking around as a poster, but I know many of us have personally benefitted from D_M’s expertise, hard work and considered advice, and I’d like to take this chance to give him some huge appreciation for all the work and effort he has put in as a mod. All the best for the exciting developments happening in your real life, Drug_Mentor :)

On to the mod applications – if you love Bluelight, support harm reduction and the promotion of drug education, we’d encourage you to apply. In your application, please let us know:

* A little about yourself and why you’re on Bluelight
* Why you want to be a mod;
* Why you think you would be suitable for the position

Please send applications to footscrazy, Captain Brewster and drug_mentor.

AusDD will be lost without you. Thanks for being such a cool guy D_M, say hi to Mr. B for me in the land of AusDD legends.
Whoever gets this position has big shoes to fill.

What kind of time commitment does being a mod involve?

Not heaps. It's ideal if you can get on every day to have a glance over what's happening, but it often only needs to be ten minutes or so, depending how much traffic we're getting. Sometimes it will be longer, but it's not too intense or time consuming. It's understandable too that there will be days you don't get online for whatever reason, and if you do need some time off, you can communicate that to the other mods who'll step up for the time being. If you're getting on to read the site most days anyway, you're probably spending enough time online.

Thanks for all of the time and effort Drug_Mentor, you have made a big difference to AusDD and will be missed. Best of luck in the world.

BT :)

BigTrancer, those words mean an awful lot coming from you, I have always considered you to be one of the legends of Australian Drug Discussion, cheers mate! :D

Abject I really appreciate the sentiment. :)

Get those applications in guys, we don't have an official closing date for applications just yet but the sooner you get them in the better!

Your departure will leave a massive hole in the maintenance of the AusDD community D_M. Your work over the last few years has been phenomenal and that contribution has benefited so many. Thank you for everything and best of luck in all your future endeavours. <3

BTW - BigTrancer is undoubtedly one of the legends within this great forum, however, you are also within that league for everything that you have provided to the AusDD family. :)

I'd deffinetly have to agree with BT and Lil angel.

Brilliant consistancy for so long. Hats off to a great mod.

I would love the chance but not filling out a resume and send to all mods again.. I'm as ozzie as they come and love my country so I would strive to get our section the hottest best material

Echoing the sentiments of the rest of the forum. Many thanks for your work D_M, you've been a huge asset to our forum over the years and you were great to mod with. All the best :)

methylated dreams said:
not filling out a resume

We don't need a full resume. The application's just 3 questions; you can do it. ;)

ebola

Sorry to see you go, D_M. Your posts were always well-informed and intelligent.

Best of luck to you :)

Cheers! Thanks for everything you've done for Aus DD. I wish you all the best for the future.

I don't really post on here anymore, or even take drugs, but you did a lot for this forum d_m. I'm glad I got to meet you back in the day.

All the best.

~Trip.

Is it true mods have super powers and can convert water into wine, thyme into cannabis and flour into coke? If so, sign me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.